Vodafone network down ?

coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My phone as been searching for the network for the last hour , am I alone ?

Comments

• hpmannhpmann Posts: 17
    Forum Member

You're not alone :(
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, a few other people in this thread are having Vodafone issues too.
  • beecartbeecart Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also on voda eforum people reporting probs
    http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network/bd-p/usingnetwork
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Incandescent with rage.

Is it the whole network. Or just bits of it?
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drag the VF staff back from their celebrations and get it fixed ?
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amusingly, I managed to send a load of texts at midnight - the time it's supposed to die. It then dissapeared at roughly 12.20am.

This is the first time though I've seen it go completely down for NYE - usually you just don't get your text reply for hours.
    Forum Member
    Also Vodafone start paying your taxes. Bunch of clowns.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it's any consolation O2 has been shit for me tonight too guys x
    Forum Member
    There's shit and there's having no access to your own network.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a very good point!!!
    Forum Member
    No emergency calls on Vodafone tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    No emergency calls on Vodafone tonight.

Something I've noticed too. Very alarming.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if it's any consolation O2 has been shit for me tonight too guys x

Yes 02 was crap last night but at lest the whole 02 nextwork never went down.

Darren
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    Yes 02 was crap last night but at lest the whole 02 nextwork never went down.

Darren

This time; there will be other times when O2 will go down.

Its one reason why I'm going to be happy keeping my works phone on Voda and personal phone on EE, the odds of both networks failing are remote.
  • blackmagicblackmagic Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also struggled to find the Vodafone network at 00:07 for about 20 seconds, whilst trying to send a bunch of texts.

The texts failed to deliver, until I happened to wake up at 5am and sent them all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    This time; there will be other times when O2 will go down.

Its one reason why I'm going to be happy keeping my works phone on Voda and personal phone on EE, the odds of both networks failing are remote.

My company mobile and my personal one are both on VF - both no service - both no emergency calls - I was double-******!
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    I lost signal for at least an hour around 4 or 5 this morning. I'd assumed someone at my company had messed up (again) and we'd all been cut off (again, again).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I only got service again this afternoon... I swear vodafone is the worst uk network these days. In remote locations I never even have a 2g signal and I'd be lucky to see 3G anywhere!
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tfl wrote: »
    I only got service again this afternoon... I swear vodafone is the worst uk network these days. In remote locations I never even have a 2g signal and I'd be lucky to see 3G anywhere!

I was with Vodafone for a while and really I don't think their service is worth the price premium that they think it deserves.

Minimal 3G coverage (not really any better than O2 in my opinion), poor customer service, a shakier network.

In my case EE are cheaper and offer a better service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Signal varies from network to network, and there are obviously differences in the way the various phones pull in a signal.

I have the 4S on Vodafone, and a Nokia 808 on EE. There are places where Vodafone are stronger, places where EE are stronger. EE will currently have an edge due to the linked networks, but I do question the strength of their backend, as despite having decent 3G at times, I don't get decent download/upload speeds.
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i sent around 20 texts atg midnight on nye which all sent then mine crashed around 12.30 am and didnt come back untill 7am today
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    Signal varies from network to network, and there are obviously differences in the way the various phones pull in a signal.

I have the 4S on Vodafone, and a Nokia 808 on EE. There are places where Vodafone are stronger, places where EE are stronger. EE will currently have an edge due to the linked networks, but I do question the strength of their backend, as despite having decent 3G at times, I don't get decent download/upload speeds.

yeah ive got the 4S as well. Whats annoying about it is once it switches to 2g or edge it's quite reluctant to switch back to 3g. D'you get that with yours or is it just me :P In all honesty though i think ill be switching to EE once my contract is up. Even with all this talk of a 98% 3g coverage after o2 and voda pool their infrastructure etc i doubt it'll get much better. I dare say 4g coverage will be equally as bad too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah ive got the 4S as well. Whats annoying about it is once it switches to 2g or edge it's quite reluctant to switch back to 3g. D'you get that with yours or is it just me :P In all honesty though i think ill be switching to EE once my contract is up. Even with all this talk of a 98% 3g coverage after o2 and voda pool their infrastructure etc i doubt it'll get much better. I dare say 4g coverage will be equally as bad too.

Once they pool their networks, it should make a fair difference - I used to have some zero signal areas on Orange, that are now perfectly filled having the T-Mobile link.

4G coverage will be an interesting one, as thats as much going to be down to backend infrastructure - do they have the bandwidth? I'm tempted to suggest that EE don't have the bandwidth to cover the user base, whereas believe it or not, Vodafone likely will have the bandwidth due to recent acquisitions.