The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one :D

Good luck to all who have entered the Mali draw xxx

Good Luck.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Hello Megamatt

Darwyn "When You Wake" is still my favourite Matt album. I do get what you are saying about them being an amateur band, but I really love the combination of instruments on the album. I also think that the songs on the album have great strength and originality, I wouldnt want them to be too polished. I like them real too.;)

I love 7S too of course , and wish Matt would use some of these tracks!

I sincerely hope this Vines bloke manages to sort out another venue!!

Edit. Sevensummers were not signed and therefore the album was never on general release. It did extremely well in a few download charts during the XF.

Yes i've learned that but it should have sold loads during the xf contest .What i am trying to say is this genre of music is dead at the moment unless you are a well known name already like Mraz ,Springsteen, etc.The past decade and this time seems that the popsy bitchy, r n b's and crapping raps ( with the exemption of Eminem one of my favorite of all time)
    will continue to dominate the charts .So for Matt to compete this day, eitheir record in acoustic way (Adele , sheeran ) or colaborate with someone like David Guetta or any high profile's out there to survive ,up tempo what i mean like his Stars and Lovers and Starlight and any dancy tunes available out there.

I had read a post by Wkd about her own liking's of the direction of Matt's career ,that she wanted Matt to stick with his rock genre
    and seems that lot of us here agree with it BUT he needs to be keep signed to a label and record labels wants an enormous profit.Make him a household name everywhere first then he can do or release anything he wants is my take.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    881 applications for Highbarn.
  • piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member

Times 2 tickets = very short odds still nothing ventured nothing gained :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw that on Twitter too!!! Wow.

So with each application for 2 tickets and about 200 available that's less than 1 in 8 chance of success. Well, I wish everyone from here who has applied could be a winner but should be at least a few get to go with their cameras and video recorders ;) I can't go anyway since I'll literally be up in the air returning from holiday that evening so I'm still praying for an extra date so that there's another opportunity for me and those who don't get picked in the draw this time. I understand all the names are on a spreadsheet and they will use a random number generator to make the selection, so all scrupulously fair. :)

I'm feeling somewhat resigned to the fact that Boston will not go ahead, as it will be very difficult to find an alternative venue by the end of today. I hope it does, especially since I've got no chance for Highbarn (unless they do another date) and I can't go to MFest either. Need a Matt fix!! :(

And I need to know if he's on the way home or back already. Twitter silence since yesterday morning is deafening!! :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High Barn ‏@highbarn
    The first 30 names have been drawn! Are your ears burning?
    :eek::eek:
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all have a 2 and 4 year old to take care of today #sitsdownexhausted I will try to bet back later when they are picked up. ;)
    Matt's been added to the NXNE website:D
    http://nxne.com/schedule#event=48843

Yeah toasty thanks like the 'popup' that appears on the page great. x;)
    Nice one :D

Good luck to all who have entered the Mali draw xxx

Thanks Pie xxx good luckto all of those who have entered. ;)

megamatt wrote: »
    Yes i've learned that but it should have sold loads during the xf contest .What i am trying to say is this genre of music is dead at the moment unless you are a well known name already like Mraz ,Springsteen, etc.The past decade and this time seems that the popsy bitchy, r n b's and crapping raps ( with the exemption of Eminem one of my favorite of all time)
    will continue to dominate the charts .So for Matt to compete this day, eitheir record in acoustic way (Adele , sheeran ) or colaborate with someone like David Guetta or any high profile's out there to survive ,up tempo what i mean like his Stars and Lovers and Starlight and any dancy tunes available out there.

I had read a post by Wkd about her own liking's of the direction of Matt's career ,that she wanted Matt to stick with his rock genre
    and seems that lot of us here agree with it BUT he needs to be keep signed to a label and record labels wants an enormous profit.Make him a household name everywhere first then he can do or release anything he wants is my take.

LOL Emmem well they made themselves known thats for sure. Matt does need to keep signed to a label......I can feel then earth moving and its no eathquake/;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    High Barn ‏@highbarn
    If you dont win tickets to see @matt_cardle_uk and @darwynlive, dont lose hope. There may be a competition.........watch this space.

:D:D:D
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

Actually I expected a lot worse from Popjustice - they hate Matt. They're slipping a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a382330/matt-cardle-refused-licence-for-concert.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter

DS are running the story, don't know why they are saying Matt was refused a license though:rolleyes::p At least they mention his festival appearances this year.
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Doherty‏@jimmysfarm

24 hours until the revolution! @matt_cardle_uk @OrangeButcher @deliciousmag @denise_vanouten come & be part of it @Jimmysfarm tomorrow Jx

Any ideas what this tweet is about? Does it mean Matt's back in the UK by tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Jimmy Doherty‏@jimmysfarm

24 hours until the revolution! @matt_cardle_uk @OrangeButcher @deliciousmag @denise_vanouten come & be part of it @Jimmysfarm tomorrow Jx

Any ideas what this tweet is about? Does it mean Matt's back in the UK by tomorrow?
    He's tweeted a lot of food stars. Here's a tweet with a link but I can't open it cos not on facebook

Reply Retweet Favorite
    17 May Jimmy Doherty ‏@jimmysfarm
    This saturday at the farm it's BUY ONE GET ONE FREE on ALL PORK. RE-ARRANGE YOUR WEEKENDS -The Food Revolution is... http://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FJimmysfarm%2Fposts%2F3053923555201

It's a food revolution day http://www.debenradio.com/index.php/all-programmes/79-food/766-orfords-food-revolution-day-saturday-19th-may-inspired-by-jamie-oliver I don't think it means Matt is back at all, he's followed by shopkeeper Jones so maybe he was just hoping for a retweet or something like that. Matt will have to be back for tomorrow anyway because he has Glasgow gig on Sun.
    Forum Member
    He's tweeted a lot of food stars. Here's a tweet with a link but I can't open it cos not on facebook

Reply Retweet Favorite
    17 May Jimmy Doherty ‏@jimmysfarm
    This saturday at the farm it's BUY ONE GET ONE FREE on ALL PORK. RE-ARRANGE YOUR WEEKENDS -The Food Revolution is... http://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FJimmysfarm%2Fposts%2F3053923555201

It's a food revolution day http://www.debenradio.com/index.php/all-programmes/79-food/766-orfords-food-revolution-day-saturday-19th-may-inspired-by-jamie-oliver

So I am guessing from what you say that he is tweeting them in the hope they turn up - or just using their names means their fans will see the tweet in the mentions and they might turn up, rather than because they will be there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    So I am guessing from what you say that he is tweeting them in the hope they turn up - or just using their names means their fans will see the tweet in the mentions and they might turn up, rather than because they will be there.

I think so:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    26s Lincolnshire News ‏@LincsNews
    BREAKING NEWS: Venue found for Matt Cardle gig in Boston: FANS of Matt Cardle have been given new ... http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/local/breaking-news-venue-found-for-matt-cardle-gig-in-boston-1-3859780?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The decision is now down to Matt's agency:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given they agreed to the original Boston venue, no reason not to agree to this one. It's a sports venue, similar to that for the Swindon gig by the looks of it. Hope the acoustics are OK wherever it's being held. Can't tell if it will still be outdoors or not! Still, at least it's looking way more promising that I will get a Matt fix next Saturday :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat24 wrote: »
    Given they agreed to the original Boston venue, no reason not to agree to this one. It's a sports venue, similar to that for the Swindon gig by the looks of it. Hope the acoustics are OK wherever it's being held. Can't tell if it will still be outdoors or not! Still, at least it's looking way more promising that I will get a Matt fix next Saturday :D

Here's the web page for the Princess Royal Sports Arena

http://www.prsa.org.uk/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mcat threadies seems enjoying their lunch ,i wonder what everyone is chewing by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are the the lucky Ma-li draw winners here ,no one ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megamatt wrote: »
    Who are the the lucky Ma-li draw winners here ,no one ?

We won't know until Monday 21st. They draw today but email winners on Monday :eek: Eeeek
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the web page for the Princess Royal Sports Arena

http://www.prsa.org.uk/

This venue seems more appropriate for the gig than the first planned, at least here there is an option where to be held depends of the weather
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Just seen this tweet from a girl in LA -
    Ashton Jade Easter ‏@AshtonJade
    Great night out and had a treat of a great voice with @matt_cardle_uk

Wonder where that was? :)

Another one -
    Lovely steak at Mastros , Robbie Keane, Matt Cardle among the dinners, fun night...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    We won't know until Monday 21st. They draw today but email winners on Monday :eek: Eeeek

My prediction is 3 from here will get it ,but if Ali do some Abracabra my bet is 10 or more :):D:p joking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this tweet from a girl in LA -
    Ashton Jade Easter ‏@AshtonJade
    Great night out and had a treat of a great voice with @matt_cardle_uk

Wonder where that was? :)

Another one -
    Lovely steak at Mastros , Robbie Keane, Matt Cardle among the dinners, fun night...

In a party maybe ,eyeballing with the americanas ;)
This discussion has been closed.