How to create a company website?

I have a small business which I would like to create a website for.

I want to be able to show case the products I have to offer, allow my customers to e-mail me through a company e-mail and I want my business to be found on Google.

Can someone recommend me some simple website builders or show me how else I can accomplish this?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be best hiring someone to make you it if you want to look professional.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Notepad++ to make mine.

I suspect you are going to need to hire someone.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    zak2210 wrote: »
    I have a small business which I would like to create a website for.

I want to be able to show case the products I have to offer, allow my customers to e-mail me through a company e-mail and I want my business to be found on Google.

Can someone recommend me some simple website builders or show me how else I can accomplish this?

Thank you! :)

I think you'd be better off getting someone to do this for you. Most towns have at least a few website developers who do this sort of thing. Maybe look at a few websites of other local businesses, find ones you like and ask them who created them? One of the local business groups may be able to help out too.

All the time and effort you'd put into doing it yourself could have been spent earning money to pay for someone else to create the site. Someone who does this sort of thing professionally can throw up a basic site in a couple of hours.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just pick a colour scheme/font style and some pictures and hand the job over to a pro as yes you can do it yourself but it can be a right pain and a quick and dirty bodge can come back and haunt you later on
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May one be so impertinent to ask what your budget is for such an enterprise?
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best to get someone to do it.
    Although after this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1750242 make sure you see their work first!