XF: Back To Basics Series 2 (Official Launch Thread)

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
SURPRISE! Did you guys miss me? :p

Hey there folks, I'm sure you know who I am but if you don't then you might remember me from such games as The Voice Factor and Battle Of The Seasons (both are returning soon). But here I have something else, now you may remember that Back To Basics was first created by our very own, Poth and that I took over as host for the Final show. Well after realizing that I have more time to do other things besides my Uni work, I've decided that I'm going to bring it back for a Second Series! :D

So here's how Back to Basics works. We've seen a lot of forum games on here that are different and unique, which is why on this game, we're just going to have the standard set-up of a game, just like the real show. Although there will be a few surprises that I'll have up my sleeve. ;) For this game, I will need four judges who are willing to take the time and mentor when they receive their categories...I'll ask the some of the possible returning judges first if they would like to take part again. But if not then if you wish to join the panel, inbox me on why you wish to join and what can you bring to the judging panel.

The deadline for any or all possible replies will be on Thursday at 6pm where hopefully, I will announce the judging panel, followed by their categories and much more when we get to it...so get inboxing if you wish! :cool:

Comments

• pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I'm unfortunately not able to do this as I've got a few things on DS on ATM as well as my job, hope it all goes well though!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's alright, I've got a few in-boxes coming in already so it's all good. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'd have liked to applied but I'm going back to Uni in a week and ill be completely rammed with work :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few forms coming in, I may have a few definites, but keep them coming since this will not be on a first come first served basis.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's still time to send me your forms before the deadline...which I'll do tonight actually.
    Sex wrote: »
    :eek:

Something tells me that you wish to take part? ;)
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,456
    Forum Member
    When is this running?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to get it started by tomorrow evening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sent my pledge to be a judge in...again!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, I actually have more than enough applications to start announcing the judging panel. So after The X Factor: UK vs US show, I will announce who'll be on the panel. Followed by more information that is soon to follow. So see you later you lovely lot! :p
    Forum Member
    See ya later soppyfan I`ll be watching u.k VS u.s like always!! :D
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I be a mentor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inbox me with what I've said above if you want to have a chance of being picked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    I want to join!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright ladies and gentleman, the deadline is now closed!

I have received 7 applications...it's a shame that only four places are available. So for those who won't be on the panel, don't be sad...because I'll keep the other 3 as Reserved judges in case one of the chosen four has to pull out. So here we go!

We have only one returning judge and three newcomers, so let's meet them! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our first judge is the only judge returning from the First Series, he has been on a roll recently, coming Second in the last Series and also recently won The X Factor 20 by guiding MK1 to victory, ready to hopefully go for gold in this Series, it's none other than...

Kuda_Kunaka

Welcome back once again!
    Forum Member
    Welcome Kuda_Kunaka!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our second judge is one of the newcomers, but he has PLENTY of experience and has also been on a roll. He's come second twice on The Mix Factor and also won Battle Of The Seasons with Joe Cox. Hoping to make an impact, it can only be...

Bboy1988!

Welcome aboard.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You Soppyfan. Im so happy to be returning this series, this is one of my favourite games. Yep, Im on a roll and im hoping to keep that momentum with my category. looking forward to working with the judges as well
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello BBoy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our second newcomer is very new to the judging world, but he's told me that he has what it takes to get his mentoring career off to the right path. He's a frequent viewer of a recent game I'm apart of, but now he's going to be mentoring...please welcome...

pingu58011

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Cheers Steve. I only saw this thread today and honestly didn't imagine I would have been on the panel. But I am up for this 100%, and can't wait to get my acts sorted :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Hello BBoy!

Hey Kuda, looking forward to mentoring with you and working with you and he other panelists
    Forum Member
    YAYYYYYYY thank you sooooooo much, I promise you I won`t let you down. I guess my sweet talk helped a bit!! :D
    I feel like I`ve won an oscar!! :D

Also welcome Bboy!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now on to our final judge and third and final newcomer. He has only just got off the ground by hosting the increasingly successful X Factor UK vs. US so I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing him here for a few minutes...ready to make his mentoring debut, you know who I'm talking about, it's...

jackamakka!

Welcome aboard!