Sharon's Replacement Next Year

EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Right, I know this is incredibly premature because her returning series hasn't even premiered yet, but it is something that needs addressing. I did initially think that Sharon would enjoy being back so much, that she'd eventually sign on for another series, but now I think this is highly unlikely. In a recent interview she again said that she's back just for the one series, claiming that she wants to end things on a positive note.

She's filmed the closed audition stage, and that obviously hasn't tempted her to do it all again.

I'm actually concerned by the lack of continuity in our panels lately. For 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 we would have had different panel lineups. This really must be a factor in the decrease in ratings.

Let's assume that Sharon's return brings the ratings up. She then leaves. What do the producers do?

Any ideas?

I'd suggest Mel B as being the obvious replacement to Sharon.

Anyway, this is very premature, and I am really quite annoyed that Sharon is only here for one series. It kind of takes away from the excitement surrounding her 'return' :mad:

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Really hope its true that she's going after one year.

Bring back Dannii and Simon and keep Nicole and Louis on the panel in 2014!

THAT would be good :D
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon if it goes well for her and they offer her good money she'll do it again, regardless of what she's saying now. It's too early to discuss it though really as the situation will ultimately come down to how the ratings are for this series.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I reckon if it goes well for her and they offer her good money she'll do it again, regardless of what she's saying now. It's too early to discuss it though really as the situation will ultimately come down to how the ratings are for this series.

I actually don't think it's dependent on anything. Sharon seems adamant that she's going after one year, and while she's bound to be offered more money, I can't imagine her accepting it. Firstly, she's only back to finish where she left off. She thinks that Danni shadowed her final series, and now she's (in the words of Sharon) 'insignificant' she can leave on a high. Secondly, you only have to look at her Twitter to see how comfortable she is in the USA. Despite being on X Factor, she seems to be more excited about rejoining The Talk. I can't see her missing more of The Talk for The X Factor.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I actually don't think it's dependent on anything. Sharon seems adamant that she's going after one year, and while she's bound to be offered more money, I can't imagine her accepting it. Firstly, she's only back to finish where she left off. She thinks that Danni shadowed her final series, and now she's (in the words of Sharon) 'insignificant' she can leave on a high. Secondly, you only have to look at her Twitter to see how comfortable she is in the USA. Despite being on X Factor, she seems to be more excited about rejoining The Talk. I can't see her missing more of The Talk for The X Factor.

Or she could be saying all that because she knows it is a better for negotiating a new contract next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Really hope its true that she's going after one year.

Bring back Dannii and Simon and keep Nicole and Louis on the panel in 2014!

THAT would be good :D

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Danni is set to return.

It's odd how she's been moved from one Simon show (AGT) to another. What's the point? Maybe Simon wanted Danni back on an X Factor before returning to the UK?

It would create headlines if Danni replaced Sharon, which is exactly what Simon wants.

It's also quite odd how Danni has been incredibly low key regarding Sharon's return. Maybe everything is already sorted in terms of Danni replacing Sharon?

It seems feasible. Who knows?
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Danni is set to return.

It's odd how she's been moved from one Simon show (AGT) to another. What's the point? Maybe Simon wanted Danni back on an X Factor before returning to the UK?

It would create headlines if Danni replaced Sharon, which is exactly what Simon wants.

It's also quite odd how Danni has been incredibly low key regarding Sharon's return. Maybe everything is already sorted in terms of Danni replacing Sharon?

It seems feasible. Who knows?

BIB - Not really, she has said that it's a risk to bring Sharon back, that why Mrs O called her insignificant.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEAQqQIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Ftv%2Ftv-news%2Fx-factor-sharon-osbourne-hits-2104794&ei=90_4UdnuIuKU0AXKyYDQCw&usg=AFQjCNEhLc5JoYzYrpMQZr3ZIWX7Gfm_GA&sig2=3kzKeFaW3oNffgCAErw-OA&bvm=bv.49967636,d.d2k
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how major their feud was, 'risk' is hardly an insult though.

I agree, but if Sharon had said it about Dannii, it would be a different story. It was obvious that Sharon would retaliate, and calling her insignificant is hardly an insult either - to Sharon, Dannii is insignificant.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bet for next year would be Cheryl, Simon, Nicole and someone new. I don't believe that Cheryl wouldn't want to come back to the show - it's the easiest way of her keeping up the career. Could well be they want her back the same time as Simon
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I agree, but if Sharon had said it about Dannii, it would be a different story. It was obvious that Sharon would retaliate, and calling her insignificant is hardly an insult either - to Sharon, Dannii is insignificant.

That is Sharon's opinion and you share that. However, not everyone will share the opinion about Dannii being insignificant, some may do, some may not.

Just like bringing Sharon back is a risk according to Dannii. That is her opinion, some may agree with that, others may not.

Not everyone will have the same opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My bet for next year would be Cheryl, Simon, Nicole and someone new. I don't believe that Cheryl wouldn't want to come back to the show - it's the easiest way of her keeping up the career. Could well be they want her back the same time as Simon

Cheryl will never return, I am sure of it.

I think these are the most probable panels for next year:

1) Gary, Nicole, Mel B, Louis
    2) Gary, Nicole, Danni, Louis <=== :D:D:D
    3) Simon, Nicole, Mel B, Louis

I can imagine a Simon return next year, but not a Cheryl. Louis will go no where until he quits :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Simon return? You think he'd leave XF USA so soon? I don't
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »

X Factor US is not a big success, if its ratings fall further this year I can see it being cancelled, so he might be able to return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »

I think the X Factor USA will either be moved to a different time of the year, or entirely axed. I don't think Fox will have it as it's main Fall event for another year, that is of course if the dire ratings continue.

Even if it's just moved, Simon will be able to return.

If The X Factor USA was to get axed, then I could actually see Simon returning and bringing Demi with him to the UK. Simon clearly loves Demi, and Demi is the best female judge on these shows at the moment.

Unlikely, but if The X Factor USA was axed ,we could maybe have a panel of: Simon, Demi, Nicole, Louis. Two american females could be interesting. That panel would have a lot of rivalry...

1) Artists VS Music Industry 'moguls'
    2) Male VS Female
    3) UK VS USA

I can dream :p
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is pointless on the panel and is only there to make a fool of herself ....in my opinion.

- I don't see Dannii coming back to the panel as she says she has moved on from the UK panel, also the fact that it requires her to be in the Uk for a long period . Her life is in Australia now , and her son is priority ....which I have respect for Dannii as she just wants to be the best mum. Not to mention she doesn't wanna be on a show that's sinking away.

I would say it would be Mel B of all people....Simon wanted her for the Uk. So my money would be on her .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can imagine a Simon return next year, but not a Cheryl. Louis will go no where until he quits :D

I can see why people think Cheryl wouldn't come back from the vibe she gives out publicly, but maybe its just an act? They are obviously very good friends yet it doesn't suit her right now as part of the image she wants to portray so its played down. There were also heavy rumours of her being in talks but then she decided on a career break - very unusual for people like her to have breaks unless they know something big is coming next. Anyway, we shall see.

Louis has said a number of times in the past that this would probably be his last year. He wanted to get to 10. He may hang on of course, especially if Sharon does.

Simon will probably be back. The X-Factor UK contract is up so Syco can now insist on moving it to start earlier in the year with BGT shifting earlier too, and probably then meaning Im A Celeb (obviously not one of theirs) shifts later - ITV would have to agree. So regardless of the USA show either way i think he would be back and try to get the ratings back and another few years out of the format.
  • Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if X Factor US gets cancelled, Simon will return and Cheryl and Danni will also.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So to sum up the producers are hoping XfAu and XfUS will flop so that Dannii and Simon will return?
    Its never going to happen.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    If the ratings do not improve this year, but ITV still want to continue with it, they have to bring back Mr Cowell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    If the ratings do not improve this year, but ITV still want to continue with it, they have to bring back Mr Cowell.

ITV will definitely want to continue with it. Even on lower ratings that's still higher than most shows and they don't seem to have any other big hits on the horizon.

The minute they get another big mega hit like Millionaire, Cowell should worry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oops, I actually meant to aim that arrow to the 'Simon, Nicole, Mel B, Louis' panel.
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I'm actually concerned by the lack of continuity in our panels lately. For 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 we would have had different panel lineups. This really must be a factor in the decrease in ratings.

Anyway, this is very premature, and I am really quite annoyed that Sharon is only here for one series. It kind of takes away from the excitement surrounding her 'return' :mad:

I agree with this... They need to secure a panel which is The X Factor, like Simon, Dannii, Cheryl and Louis were after Simon, Sharon and Louis... You only need to look to realize these series, particularly 5,6 and 7 were the most popular in ratings ;)

It's alright to change it, but if they'd done it differently in 2011, perhaps we'd still have the same lineup :confused:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might as well wheel in Val Doonican. Him, Shazza and Louis - live from their SAGA holiday:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grof_Griff wrote: »
    I agree with this... They need to secure a panel which is The X Factor, like Simon, Dannii, Cheryl and Louis were after Simon, Sharon and Louis... You only need to look to realize these series, particularly 5,6 and 7 were the most popular in ratings ;)

It's alright to change it, but if they'd done it differently in 2011, perhaps we'd still have the same lineup :confused:

Exactly. If a panel needs changing, then it needs changing, that can't be avoided just for consistency. However, It's quite concerning how the team behind one of TV's biggest shows are unable to assemble and establish a long lasting cast.

Next year, they need to get it right. Personally, as much as I love Sharon and wish she'd stay, I think they've made the wrong decision in bringing her back, if it's only for the one series. What's the point? Let's assume that she's amazing and ratings rise... but then she's leaving? It just leaves them with a huge problem.

I'd say next year the judges should sign contracts lasting for two series. We haven't had a panel for more than two years in three years. We need to have a consistent panel, so the producers next year need to choose a panel that they believe would perform well for more than one series.

I think Gary will be leaving, I'm certain Sharon will leave, and I'm fearful that Nicole will leave too. She needed a great deal of persuasion to return this year, so maybe she sees this as her final years. Maybe not, I hope not. She's up there with Cheryl/Danni/Simon in terms of judges.

You put it perfectly. We need a panel that IS The X Factor.

I'd say next year we will probably end up with:
    - Record Executive (Replacing Gary)
    - Louis (He's always going to be there I think)
    - Mel B (I think she will always be a contender after guest judging. She'd replace Sharon :(:mad:)
    - Nicole/Danni/Someone completely new (I've always thought Marina Diamondis would be amazing, would fit perfectly into the Cheryl/Tulisa role)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just pray Louis leaves ASAP, him being dreadful isn't even funny anymore.