McCain's Jacket Potatoes

davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,359
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've seen the billboards for these. I enjoy a good jacket potato. These claim to be done in the microwave in 5 minutes. Has anybody tired them and what do you think od them. Do they taste like they have been done in the oven?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how they work but they do. Not as good as an oven done potato but better than any attempt I've ever had at microwaving one. Handy for lunch.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    I never thought I'd be taken in by these - but daughter bought some a while ago & they do work 4 mins 10 secs in my micro from frozen & they're delicious! They use Maris Piper potatoes - I do only indulge in them when they're on offer tho'. I could eat them everyday as potatoes are my favourite carb.
  • moty2000moty2000 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I have to agree, great to have in the freezer for a quick meal, much nicer than ones done just in the microwave.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried one at a friends place, not that impressed to be honest, i find they are a bit watery.
  • simon40simon40 Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why bother just microwave an ordinary potato and definately much tastier!
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overpriced crap.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the convenience of being able to have a jacket potato any time in 5 minutes, I think they're great.

I also recommend Bannister's Farm frozen cheese and bacon potato skins although these need to be put in the oven for 30 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    For the convenience of being able to have a jacket potato any time in 5 minutes, I think they're great.

I also recommend Bannister's Farm frozen cheese and bacon potato skins although these need to be put in the oven for 30 minutes.

i tried Bannister's Farm baked spuds, in fact still got two in the freezer, they are no better than McCains.

i did not think they would be any good, to freeze then, i expect they injected water.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    water, salt you name it..
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    800g of Potatio for £2.50

No thanks..
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I haven't eaten them but my dad has. He likes them but then he doesn't mind jacket potatoes. He doesn't have them all that often though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingredients for the McCains are Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, also according to my pack of Bannisters' Farm spuds, they are CROSS CUT AND DRIZZLED WITH EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL. but both are certainly watery when cooked.