Comments

• chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Drive angry( 2010) 7/10
    Skyline(2010) 6/10
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barfi (2012) Ranbir Kapoor pretty much nailed the role as a mischievous deaf-mute. Priyanka made some good effort in her role as an autistic girl. Some REALLY familiar scenes copied from Western films but a feel-good film nonetheless. 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hobbit 10/10

Richard Armitage :o
    The Bilbo/Gollum scene was perfection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubberneck.

Bloke has issues with women, develops infatuation and doesn't deal well when a fling ends and the woman moves on.

Total shite. Avoid at all costs.

0/10.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Cliff Pt1 & Pt2 (Intl. Version)

Good films. I've wanted to see this for years and I've been repeatedly told that they're masterpieces. But after finally watching them, in my opinion they're not. But I did like them. There were some weak scenes and characters. Some scenes were meaningless and/or ridiculously long and the dialogue at times can be cheesy.

There's 3 major battle scenes throughout both films. Part 1 has two of them and they're not very good. I was surprised at how dull they actually were - especially the one near the end of the first film. But the second film has a terrific climactic battle scene that lasts for almost 40 minutes. It's pretty exciting stuff and it looked like director John Woo was watching Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy to get some ideas. Anyway, it was well done. So, once again, while not the amazing films that I was expecting, they were certainly enjoyable.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Imposter - 7.5/10

one word....Mental :eek:
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    The Omega Man - 8/10 - really great film, better than the remake I am Legand, Chalton Heston as usual is fantastic
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    The Avengers. 8/10
    My housemates hadn't seen it before so I decided to watch it again with them.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wicker Man - 8/10

I enjoyed it much more than the first time I watched it. About 10 years ago.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After The Sunset.

watchable heist flick but very lighweight.

Generous 6/ 10
  • Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Limitless

Loved it! Uber cool,great dialogue throughout.I WANT one of those pills!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

It wasn't bad. A bit childish and aimless compared to the LOTR trilogy but I still enjoyed it. Occasionally there were some painful dialogue in this film. And the Troll campfire scene was pretty bad. But on the positive side I did like the Dwarfs and Bilbo. I think the 2nd film will be much better since they got the introduction out of the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

It wasn't bad. A bit childish and aimless compared to the LOTR trilogy but I still enjoyed it. Occasionally there were some painful dialogue in this film. And the Troll campfire scene was pretty bad. But on the positive side I did like the Dwarfs and Bilbo. I think the 2nd film will be much better since they got the introduction out of the way.

Rating?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rating?

Ah, I don't do the number thing. I'll just say that it was ok. :)
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason & The Argonauts (1963)

7/10
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Aviator - 7/10. Leo's a very good actor and good at his craft but felt he was mis-cast in this as he had too much of a babyface for it to work for me. This was accentuated by his pairing with Cate Blanchett as Katharine Hepburn who looked too old for him when in real life, she was the younger of the 2...
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Twilight - Breaking Wind part 2 - 0/10

Thank f**k that's over with.

(for now, probably)
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Twilight - Breaking Wind part 2 - 0/10

Thank f**k that's over with.

(for now, probably)

got that through the post from lovefilm,going to watch it on friday..guess you didn't like it then:D

was told i was watching it tonight but said i need a few days to prepare..:D
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Compliance

OMG - How can some people be so dumb?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Side Effects

Great hitchcockian thriller of the sort we havent seen since the 90's in movies like Final Analysis and Disclosure. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

8/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Chronicle - mmmmm, 6.8/10

Fell asleep just after he goes mental at the hospital and woke up when his mate was in Tibet. Probably won't rush to see if I missed anything.

Whaaaat!!! you missed the finale! Awesome movie one of last years best and a lot better than the ridiculously overrated Avengers.
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Rear Window (1954)

10/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy 10/10
This discussion has been closed.