The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for those links FFF
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    The second link left me quite emotional. I could just imagine Heath trudging along the rainy streets, heading to the park on his own with his video camera. It felt like I was watching something so very personal to him. The beginning is wonderful, you can almost pretend that Heath is taking your picture with his camera and smiling at YOU with that wide grin.:)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second one made me cry. I haven't seen that one before, but have saved it, as I know I will want to watch it again...thanks for sharing it:)

I am having a Heath-a-thon - after watching TTIHAY on Monday, I am watching Candy again tonight.
    Forum Member
    Hi Bookie, sorry it made you cry:(
    Watching TDK as I type this.:) Never get bored of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't be sorry - it was just an emotional clip, and I was so grateful that you had shared it with us. I daresay many of the pics and vids posted on the thread will make us shed some tears, but I still love to see them.:)
    Forum Member
    I read in the paper yesterday that the legal battle over Heath's life insurance has been settled. All the money will now go to Matilda.

I found this last night, it's really really beautiful...but SO heart breaking. It's the Song Heath asked Ben Harper to wright for Matilda. Please, if you are a bit tearful it will push you over the edge. But I wanted to share it with you all.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w5_fODPaqQs&feature=channel_page
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed for Heath at the BAFTA's tomorrow night.
    Forum Member
    It's a win.
    So deserved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Heath :)
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He got it, I lost it. :D:cry:

*composes self*

Well done Heath, thoroughly deserved. :)
    Forum Member
    I swore on the BAFTA thread, thank **** for the language filter...oops, did it again!!!
    YAY HEATH:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao FFF. :D I shall have to go and have a peek.
    Forum Member
    It just slipped out!:o
    I can't believe that TDK only picked up one award with Heath!, it was such an amazing film and Cinema experience for me :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know. I couldn't believe it at the Golden Globes either. It was the film of 2008 for me by a long shot, in fact, it's up there as one of my fave films of all time. That's not just me thinking that way as a Heath fan either, everyone I know has raved about it. The film and Heath's performance just blew everyone away.
    Forum Member
    I'm going to leave the Bafta thread now...before I rip people's heads off.:o
    Night all...one award down...one to go;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm soooooooo pleased that Heath won tonight. Am keeping everything crossed that his success is repeated at the Oscars and just hope he doesn't lose out to Phillip Seymour Hoffman again cos he was definitely robbed in the whole Brokeback vs Capote debacle. People 'out there' are questionning whether Heath would've won if he'd still been alive and I have no doubt about that, he was outstanding in The Dark Knight (as he was in so many other films) and thoroughly deserves the win.

RIP Heath. xxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know if the Oscars are going to be broadcast here overnight?

I'm going to need some moral support I think after the state of me with the Baftas, I shall be a bloody mess watching the Oscars if tonight is anything to go by. Would be good to all get together for that one if it's not going to be too late. Mind you it's like Insomniacs R Us in here. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to leave the Bafta thread now...before I rip people's heads off.:o
    Night all...one award down...one to go;)

I'm going to take that as reason not to go on that thread!! I can imagine what some people are saying, but we know that he deserved that award. I was thrilled - and saddened that he wasn't here to receive it in person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm soooooooo pleased that Heath won tonight. Am keeping everything crossed that his success is repeated at the Oscars and just hope he doesn't lose out to Phillip Seymour Hoffman again cos he was definitely robbed in the whole Brokeback vs Capote debacle. People 'out there' are questionning whether Heath would've won if he'd still been alive and I have no doubt about that, he was outstanding in The Dark Knight (as he was in so many other films) and thoroughly deserves the win.

RIP Heath. xxxx

Thanks Mrs V. :) I'm avoiding 'out there' at the moment as I was expecting the old 'wouldn't have won it if hadn't have died' comments and I'm liable to let rip and get myself banned in my responses.

Heath was outstanding as the Joker and there is no denying that. I bet half of those that do haven't even seen the film or are just film 'snobs' who don't think that superhero movies should be included in awards however good they are.

Heath should and would have been nominated/won even he was still here because he was brilliant and he took acting to a whole new level with that role.

Everything crossed for the Oscars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    booklover wrote: »
    I'm going to take that as reason not to go on that thread!! I can imagine what some people are saying, but we know that he deserved that award. I was thrilled - and saddened that he wasn't here to receive it in person.

Aye, I had to leave before I said something that could get me banned.

Roll on the Oscars and if he doesn't get it well :mad:
    Forum Member
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Do we know if the Oscars are going to be broadcast here overnight?

I'm going to need some moral support I think after the state of me with the Baftas, I shall be a bloody mess watching the Oscars if tonight is anything to go by. Would be good to all get together for that one if it's not going to be too late. Mind you it's like Insomniacs R Us in here. ;)
    I think they are usually on Sky Rose, which I don;t have. Otherwise I'd love to give you moral support. ((((((((HIG SQUEEZY CUDDLE)))))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are usually on Sky Rose, which I don;t have. Otherwise I'd love to give you moral support. ((((((((HIG SQUEEZY CUDDLE)))))

Thanks FFF (((((huge cuddle back))))).

I'll have to have a mooch around to see what channel they are on. I couldn't find them last year, but then I am a bit of a dozey bint. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, well deserved, despite what I can imagine some twonks saying. :cool:

Rose, I think the Oscars are being broadcast on Sky.
    Forum Member
    *sobs* I don't have sky...:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have Sky either - too late for me though

On another note from the home page, I completely agree with Terry Gilliam - lets ignore the naysayers
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a146140/terry-gilliam-ledger-was-a-genius.html