Celebs who act nice in the spotlight but are horrible in person

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    People I have met:

Matt Le Blanc - extremely unpleasant and rude

Phil Tufnell & wife (Dawn) - we spent a day with them on a corporate event, they were great!

Natalie Appleton - lovely

Martine McCutcheon - lovely

Oz Clarke - hilarious especially when he got pi8sed at our winetasting event!

Martine McCutcheon - lovely
    - am surprised at this, have heard much the opposite.

Oz Clarke - hilarious especially when he got pi8sed at our winetasting event! - I have a very different view of him when I was subject to/the subject of his attention in similar circumstances. Horrid little man.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fozzie Bear

I have it on good authority that off the theatre set where the Muppet Show is and was filmed, Fozzie is bullying, mean, swears a lot and drinks heavily. God knows how he keeps it together and projects a funny cute shy image on the show. Also, he and Kermit can't stand each other in real life. Fact.

On the other hand, Miss Piggy keeps her diva act strictly for the show, off set she is lovely and charming and genuinely kind and caring. She does a lot of charity work and support and gives most of her money away to animal support and vegetarian projects and charities.

;)
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    Of course one could say that maybe he was having a bad night, or he didn't feel very well and couldn't be bothered, but there is such a thing as courtesy. Unfortunately far too many of these celebs seem to think that they are above such things once they get a bit of fame behind them.

I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve your friend's experience at all. I find it rather disappointing, because MM does come over as a nice guy. Oh well...I still think he's funny though. :o Sorry to those who don't. Tony Hancock was a complete ass, but he was still a funny guy sometimes.

As I said earlier, long before he was flavour of the month when he was just appearing on things, I'd heard the scuttlebutt was that the circuit thought he was a prick.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    My sister's friend met Gok Wan in a club in Liverpool one night, and went up to him and said "Hey Gok, sorry to bother you, but what do you think of my outfit?" (or something like that) and he just said "Sorry love it's my day off" and just turned his back on her.

I know he must get it all the time but politeness costs nothing. I was gutted because I love Gok on TV.

But to be fair that is probably as polite as you can be in telling someone it's their day off. I firmly believe that people in the public eye are on duty when working but if off duty then we have no right to approach them.

I have always found west end stars at stage doors extremely accommodating in signing autographs and having piccies taken and same with bands and solo artists but I wouldn't dream of approaching them in the street. Living near London I would often see TV stars/ celebrities etc
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Fozzie Bear

I have it on good authority that off the theatre set where the Muppet Show is and was filmed, Fozzie is bullying, mean, swears a lot and drinks heavily. God knows how he keeps it together and projects a funny cute shy image on the show. Also, he and Kermit can't stand each other in real life. Fact.

On the other hand, Miss Piggy keeps her diva act strictly for the show, off set she is lovely and charming and genuinely kind and caring. She does a lot of charity work and support and gives most of her money away to animal support and vegetarian projects and charities.

;)

What about Animal?! Is he an animal or is he a real softie, preferring knitting to drumming?;)
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozza73 wrote: »
    What about Animal?! Is he an animal or is he a real softie, preferring knitting to drumming?;)

Happy to say that he's a reformed alcoholic, sticks to 'V' energy drink and Lucozade these days, and hits the drums rather than his wife. Good luck to them both... their third child is on the way, expected around the end of November. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Collins :

Pig ignorant, up himself, vain for some reason, and always needs to have a good shower, shave, groom and more respect for women, which he seems to lack.

And then has the nerve to write and songs about his personal life and how he has suffered.

Lives in Switzerland and makes out he is Britains greatest export in the music industry - enough said.

Twonk.
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    Phil Collins :

Pig ignorant, up himself, vain for some reason, and always needs to have a good shower, shave, groom and more respect for women, which he seems to lack.

And then has the nerve to write and songs about his personal life and how he has suffered.

Lives in Switzerland and makes out he is Britains greatest export in the music industry - enough said.

Twonk.

Doesn't he still have his place in Hockley? Or am I truly out of date?
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the least of the allegations against him...

ohhh i'm intrigued what are the allegations?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    lozza73 wrote: »

Noooooooooo.....don't you dare spoil my illusions about Animal....he doesn't knit...I refuse to believe he knits!

:eek::cry::mad::D
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we all forgot Mr Saturday Night Bruce Forsyth.

My mother's friend works at a famous hotel in Britain, she said Autograph hunters were dismissed by Brucie but Terry Wogan also stayed and was the opposite. Very warm, lovely and happy to speak to fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole - Lovely, came out and signed for fans after all GA gigs in Newcastle
    Holly Willoughby - Heard from a few people that once the camera stops filming the smile goes and she becomes very diva like.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We went to a butchers in Ludlow where we new the Hairy Bikers had done some filming. The Butchers said Si & Dave were lovely, spoke to everyone and gave autographs to all who wanted one. I'm so glad, because they seem like lovely blokes and it was good to have it confirmed.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has no-one mentioned Princess Cole yet?

I heard and read numerous reports from GA fans that she's personable and sweet. Yet, I've heard from people who have been with her in a work capacity that she's a little grumpy. Looks like she's just human afterall.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    I heard and read numerous reports from GA fans that she's personable and sweet. Yet, I've heard from people who have been with her in a work capacity that she's a little grumpy. Looks like she's just human afterall.

Well......she's a skeleton, if that counts?
  • toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we all forgot Mr Saturday Night Bruce Forsyth.

My mother's friend works at a famous hotel in Britain, she said Autograph hunters were dismissed by Brucie but Terry Wogan also stayed and was the opposite. Very warm, lovely and happy to speak to fans.

Terry is lovely, very genuine and kind with time for everyone.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention Ant and Dec. A friend was at a recording of one of their shows and one of them was just the same as on camera but the other was miserable and refused to chat to audience members but I can't remember which one.!! Always did get them mixed up!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Steve-O (Jackass). Beat me up in a hotel lobby and kicked me repetitively while I was on the ground. Preston spat on me. Police came and took a statement, wanted me to prosecute but didn't want my name in the papers and to be hated by his fans. I see he is a PETA supporter now. makes me sick. I'm female by the way.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Forgot to mention Ant and Dec. A friend was at a recording of one of their shows and one of them was just the same as on camera but the other was miserable and refused to chat to audience members but I can't remember which one.!! Always did get them mixed up!!
    Ant's a nice man, Dec can be a grumpy git at times in my (very limited) experience:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Someone I know used to work in Selfridges and said David Beckham came in once to pick out presents for Victoria (this was years ago) and she said he was very lovely, he brought all the staff that helped him a watch, awww

BUT she also said Blue (the band) came in when they were just getting started and they were horrid and thought they owned the whole shop, especailly Lee Ryan, and she said that there was a girl in the shop too who looked about 14 or 15 but was stunnin, and he told her she could have V.I.P tickets for their concert, she accepted, and then when the girl had gone she heard Lee saying to another member 'I'm gonna have her tonight' and making horrible sex gestures. :eek:
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter met Sir Peter Ustinov when she was doing PR work experience in her 2nd year at Uni, helping to host a show party. He asked her what she was studying and what she wanted to do in the future and spent nearly 30mins talking to her.She said he was one of the loveliest and most interesting men she'd met.
    My niece worked with Jimmy Nail and also Stephen Fry and said they were foul,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Nice people I've met:

Mark Owen - happy to pose for photos and sign autographs
    Electric 6 (band) - down to earth bunch of guys, happy to hang out with fans after gigs
    Ken Stott - was busy filming in a street in Glasgow when I passed by, I waited for an autograph and he came over and chatted to me for a bit, was very charming
    Jane Goodall - at a book signing, lovely woman
    Bruce Parry - also at a book signing, very polite and courteous man, I was last in the queue and even though he had a flight to catch he waited until he saw and spoke to every single person in the queue
    Darius - very polite and friendly
    Malandra Burrows - very much a people person, a sincere and warm lady
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly Willoughby - sister met her in her first year on the X Factor said she was very nice.
    Chris Moyles - Met him in Bradford once top bloke for me
    Lewis Hamilton - was nice at an open event at Silverstone
  • MagwashMagwash Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a bit tenuous this one, but I used to see Trisha Goddard in my local supermarket (this was years ago), walking about scowling at anyone in her vicinity.

One time she was so busy giving out the evils she nearly hit me head on with her trolley and then just stood there with what I could only describe as the most nasty angry face I've ever seen. I wish I'd asked her who the f**k she thinks she is. :mad: