Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't need to return to work, though.
    There are a lot of people who "don't need to return to work" who do either because they want to "work" their way through their grief or have others dependant on them doing so.
    PA goes OTT on a number of things and gives out more than he should...or than we would want to know (there is a remedy to that by the way). However, what most people don't have (even in the tacky world of z-list showbusiness...luckily (this mostly due to some human compassion and decency)) is others pre-empting their sibling's death and how they should should react both during a siblings serious illness and (presumptuously) after their passing. Let him deal with it as he will...

Sorry folks, I have not posted here for a while but had to say that I think this topic is just a step too far.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I don't know, I think it's down to him what he decides to do. People deal with loss and grief in different ways. Much as I snort in derision at his 'music', it seems to be the thing that he gets most pleasure out of, so getting back on stage may be what works best for him...

Agree people deal with things differently and he wants to be with his brother so be it. Who knows his brother may have asked for him we don't know. All I know if a sibling of mine was seriously ill and needed me I would be there in a shot

One would hope that people don't criticise PA for doing what he is doing, and give te ad a break. It won't be easy for him and more so Andrew
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh,this is such a difficult subject.
    Whilst I loathe PA and everything he stands for,I cannot have anything but sympathy for him and his family.
    It's all very well people saying that he doesn't NEED to work,and in fairness,financially he probably doesn't, although he may have contractual obligations that will be hard to fulfil. In that respect I suppose he is more fortunate than those of us who HAVE to work to support our families after a bereavement.
    BUT, we have no idea how the grieving process is going to affect us until it happens and everyone reacts differently. Some people find that going back to work helps.
    Whether PA goes back to work immediately,or takes an entire year off and disappears completely from the public eye,neither you, I or anyone else can criticise him for it.
    I just hope for his sake that he takes some time to come to terms with what is happening PRIVATELY and gives himself and his family a bit of time to at least try and come to terms with it.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery
    An honest question.. In what way is this topic a step to far?
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    There are a lot of people who "don't need to return to work" who do either because they want to "work" their way through their grief or have others dependant on them doing so.
    PA goes OTT on a number of things and gives out more than he should...or than we would want to know (there is a remedy to that by the way). However, what most people don't have (even in the tacky world of z-list showbusiness...luckily (this mostly due to some human compassion and decency)) is others pre-empting their sibling's death and how they should should react both during a siblings serious illness and (presumptuously) after their passing. Let him deal with it as he will...

Sorry folks, I have not posted here for a while but had to say that I think this topic is just a step too far.

My point was, if he is not ready to return, he doesn't need to return. He can take the time.
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope peter does not make this about him it is about andrew his wife and children THEN the rest of the family...Best wishes to Andrew and his kin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Sun Andrew has a few days to live hence PA postponing his concerts
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I am amazed that he is postponing his tour dates, but only for a month, so if Andrew dies in a couple of days, he will be back on tour within a few weeks. What about the funeral and the grieving process, why would anyone want to go out on stage singing completely crap songs only weeks after their brother died? Is it just me, do people snap back into place weeks after a bereavement, I know I bloody didn't

While I'm no fan of Peter Andre and my heart goes out to his brother if he was in a normal job he would be back in work within a few days let alone a month. When both my parents died (separate times) I was back in work within 2 days. You don't snap back but you do have to get on with things. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if katie will try and reach out to him
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    At last, the voice of reason.

When I made the comparison of Gary Barlow, I wasn't having a go at him for continuing to work, I never gave him any criticism at the time.

The only reason I brought it up was in response to the fact someone said PA doesn't need to work.

The point I was making was when it comes to bereavement how much money a person has is irrelevant.

Yes, it doesn't change anything really but it does give someone a little bit more choice. If a regular Joe wanted a month/3 months/6 months/ a year off, they wouldn't be able to as they'd probably lose their job and, even if they didn't they would be paid. Someone in the entertainment industry doesn't have that rigid 9-5 or whatever to have to go back to and also probably has the money to cover the bills for however long it takes.

But, no it doesn't change the depth of pain or the grieving process.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murraymar wrote: »
    While I'm no fan of Peter Andre and my heart goes out to his brother if he was in a normal job he would be back in work within a few days let alone a month. When both my parents died (separate times) I was back in work within 2 days. You don't snap back but you do have to get on with things. :cry:

If I had his job I would tell everyone to go **** themselves. Just to be there to support my mother and family to help with the arrangements and be strong for everyone around me. I would love for Andre to do this, after all he's the artist and without him they can't make their money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Yes, it doesn't change anything really but it does give someone a little bit more choice. If a regular Joe wanted a month/3 months/6 months/ a year off, they wouldn't be able to as they'd probably lose their job and, even if they didn't they would be paid. Someone in the entertainment industry doesn't have that rigid 9-5 or whatever to have to go back to and also probably has the money to cover the bills for however long it takes.

PA would not loose his job technically he is self employed :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Geneve wrote: »
    Sadly, I don't expect andrew to pull through christmas... very sad time for him.
    petey baby turn the cameras off and go be with your family

I agree. The Andre's seem like a close family. I hope they can comfort eachother at the minute. Such sad news especially at this time of year.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

The point is..regardless of finances people deal with bereavement differently. Some people feel the need to return to some kind of normality as soon as possible.

It doesn't mean they care any less for the person they have lost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    The guy is so cheesy its unreal knocks me sick. Have you seen the advertisment he has two massive hits on his up coming album hahahahahahaha
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    If I had his job I would tell everyone to go **** themselves. Just to be there to support my mother and family to help with the arrangements and be strong for everyone around me. I would love for Andre to do this, after all he's the artist and without him they can't make their money.

nicely said Scone, I hope he does just this & takes some time out
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such awful news about Andrew:( I truly hope none of this is filmed and everything is kept between Andrew, his family and loved ones. They don't need cameras around while they are going through with this.
    Forum Member
    Gosh,this is such a difficult subject.
    Whilst I loathe PA and everything he stands for,I cannot have anything but sympathy for him and his family.
    It's all very well people saying that he doesn't NEED to work,and in fairness,financially he probably doesn't, although he may have contractual obligations that will be hard to fulfil.
    In that respect I suppose he is more fortunate than those of us who HAVE to work to support our families after a bereavement.
    BUT, we have no idea how the grieving process is going to affect us until it happens and everyone reacts differently. Some people find that going back to work helps.
    Whether PA goes back to work immediately,or takes an entire year off and disappears completely from the public eye,neither you, I or anyone else can criticise him for it.

I just hope for his sake that he takes some time to come to terms with what is happening PRIVATELY and gives himself and his family a bit of time to at least try and come to terms with it.

BIB..It's nice to see that there are some people who despite the fact they loathe him are still capable of having some compassion and decency.

It's also nice to see common sense prevail regarding the subject of when he returns to work. He may not have a regular 9 to 5 job and he may not need to go to work financially but, as you rightly mentioned he has contractual obligations that he has to fulfill.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j0anne wrote: »
    i hope peter does not make this about him it is about andrew his wife and children THEN the rest of the family...Best wishes to Andrew and his kin

It may not be up to him, but others guiding his career.
    Forum Member
    Can I just add my two penn'orth here?

There's no right or wrong way to grieve. Some cry, some don't. Some go straight back to work, some grieve for a very long time so feel unable to.

My mum had terminal cancer and my dad had to go in a home as he had Alzheimers' and my mum couldn't cope. Whilst he was there he went to hospital for an assessment where he collapsed with a burst duodenal ulcer. The next day he died from multiple organ failure. My sister and I had to rally round and help my mum, who took to her bed the day after my dad's funeral, and eventually went into a hospice where she died four months later.

Obviously this was a terrible blow for both of us, and my sister went back to work, but she was still very emotionally fragile. During the time between their deaths and before and after them, I worked just to keep myself occupied, rather than take time off to brood.

There's nothing 'wrong' with the way we coped - just a personal way of getting on with things. We're all different when it comes to grieving, and although I can't stand Andre at any price, I don't think he deserves the bashing he's getting on this thread from some people.

Exactly my point, no-one has a right to criticise another person on how they deal with their grief, as you say everyone is different and everyone deals with grief in their own way.

Love him or loath him, like you, I don't think he deserves the bashing concerning this matter.

Im very sorry for you and your sister's loss Saltydog.x
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly my point, no-one has a right to criticise another person on how they deal with their grief, as you say everyone is different and everyone deals with grief in their own way.

Love him or loath him, like you, I don't think he deserves the bashing concerning this matter.

Im very sorry for you and your sister's loss Saltydog.x

Thanks Nicola. :)

It was almost 19 years ago, and I'm over it now, but at the time it was horrible for both of us.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Nicola. :)

It was almost 19 years ago, and I'm over it now, but at the time it was horrible for both of us.

I can imagine it was a really horrible time for you both. You wouldn't wish terrible family tragedies on your worst enemy would you.

I have lost my dad, but im fortunate enough to still have my mum. Im absolutely dreading the day when I lose her.:(
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be up to him, but others guiding his career.
    And that's the problem in a nutshell. Using his kids for ratings, using his brothers illness for publicity, sympathy and ratings... I'm sure there's a CAN editor working on a tribute to Pete's inner strength as he goes through this terrible time.
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a adult a grown man HE has a say he can show some back bone
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But NIcola, there wasn't any bashing in the post you took expection to, quoted below. All Scone did was question how someone would be emotionally fit enough to embark on a series of concerts so soon after a bereavement. Seems to me you choose to see criticism in it when, ironically, all it was was a demonstration of exactly what's being discussed here ie. how varied bereavement coping strategies are - with Scone just being an example of someone who wouldn't be able to contemplate what PA is planning.

I am amazed that he is postponing his tour dates, but only for a month, so if Andrew dies in a couple of days, he will be back on tour within a few weeks. What about the funeral and the grieving process, why would anyone want to go out on stage singing completely crap songs only weeks after their brother died? Is it just me, do people snap back into place weeks after a bereavement, I know I bloody didn't