Do you personally know a celeb ?

Comments

• Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I dated a famous one when we were young. We were both 18 and she was nowhere as stylish or sexy as she is now. Amazing what alot of money and the best stylists can do.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I used to live next door to someone who claimed their cat was the reincarnation of Elvis, does that count?
  • LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, know quite a few because of my job. Some are absolutely lovely, some I wouldn't mind if they fell off a cliff top!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Cleggs wife works for the same company as me, spoke to her a couple of times...tenuous celebrity link!
  • Cat.JCat.J Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are quite (ok, very) tenuous -

I'm very distantly related to the swimmer Duncan Goodhew but have never met him.

My second-cousin is a journalist/author whose first published book was a brilliant book about Fred and Rose West.

I recently worked with one of the vets who used to be on Animal Hospital! :)
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Kilmister and the late great Sir Stanley Matthews. Although they're more legends than 'celebs'.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    error
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    My cousin on my mums side is married to Cheryl Ladd, he is a director and my cousin on my dads side is Martin Compston, an up and coming film actor.
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I deeply regret that I must say that I am unfortunately related to Cliff Richard.

Could be worse - just think about the people who have to own up to being related to Katie Price, Cheryl Cole, or Kerry Katona.

At least Cliff has some talent, and while it is fasionable to knock him, he is a decent man, who made a big impact in the early years British Pop History.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best I can offer is a Sky News correspondent, the writer of Hotel Babylon, and the guy who shot eleven promos for Robbie Williams, and George Michael's "Outside" video, from 1998, in the urinals.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr no:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I was friends with Matthew Parris back in the late eighties. have been for a drink with Tony Warren (of Corrie fame).

I was also friends with Robbie's songwriter, kelvin Andrews, he was a lovely guy, sadly lost touch now. Also went to a party a couple of years ago where Robbie's songwriter Richard something or other (brother to kelvin but goes by a different surname) was, he'd just come back from staying with Robbie in LA and played us some of his new songs on the piano. I met Robbie once in a club when I was dating one of kelvin's friends who also knew him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa_joli wrote: »
    I was also friends with Robbie's songwriter, kelvin Andrews, he was a lovely guy, sadly lost touch now. Also went to a party a couple of years ago where Robbie's songwriter Richard something or other (brother to kelvin but goes by a different surname) was, he'd just come back from staying with Robbie in LA and played us some of his new songs on the piano. I met Robbie once in a club when I was dating one of kelvin's friends who also knew him.

Spooky, we might have been to the same parties. Were you the one on the horse? ;)
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I went to college with Jo Breezer, who was a one-hit wonder in about 2003 with her song Venus And Mars. Think it got to about 15 in the charts through quite a lot of airplay on the music channels on tv. I asked her out on the bus once, she rejected me. Bitch! :(
  • IngenueIngenue Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't :(

Although I do know someone that was an actor on a crimewatch re-enactment.
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to know Neil Kinnock ... the best prime minister this country never had! And I knew Boris Johnson's sister ... who apparently is having a film made about her now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingenue wrote: »
    No I don't :(

Although I do know someone that was an actor on a crimewatch re-enactment.

Same!:D
  • IngenueIngenue Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ben_122 wrote: »
    Same!:D

ooooooh maybe we know the same person :D
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    hatpeg wrote: »
    Could be worse - just think about the people who have to own up to being related to Katie Price, Cheryl Cole, or Kerry Katona.

At least Cliff has some talent, and while it is fasionable to knock him, he is a decent man, who made a big impact in the early years British Pop History.

Hey !

I certainly wouldn't put Cheryl in with those other two walking, talking disasters !!

Cheryl is a doll , although, why on earth she still has feelings for the dumb-ass ex husband I will never know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess she's not a huge celeb but I know Julia Hardy who hosts Gameface on Challenge and DJs on Totalrock radio on tuesdays. She does other bits and bobs too mainly in the gaming and music industry, we text now and then.
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I used to live next door to someone who claimed their cat was the reincarnation of Elvis, does that count?

LOLOL!:D:D:D
  • SidechainSidechain Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I know someone from Eastenders ;) only via social networking friend of a friend thing
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does an iconic rock musician from the 60s who wrote, arranged, performed and produced over a dozen classic songs with his band, including one of the best singles of all time, count as a celeb ? If it does...

Brian Wilson.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    About 6 months ago, the mother of an 'up and coming' young British star who is on the rise in Hollywood at the moment (just seen his new film advertised which reminded me!), asked for the garage that I managed the service department of to pay the costs of the repair work needed on her 10 year old car 'because he was famous'.

I declined her kind offer.
  • sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I deeply regret that I must say that I am unfortunately related to Cliff Richard.

I assume your post is a wind up. If not, why be ashamed to be related to a British icon?