uninstall 1.0.0.1 in add/remove

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was just uninstalling a demo, and saw this in add remove programs, "uninstall 1.0.0.1". :confused:

Anyone heard of it? Google dont return much either. Im now going to do some spyware scans and see if anything comes up...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked through the registry and found it, I changed the DisplayName from 1.0.0.1 to 2 at the end and it showed up in add/remove, so it must be the right program! :confused:

Here's the registry bit...
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Uninstall_is1]
    "Inno Setup: Setup Version"="5.0.8"
    "Inno Setup: App Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\DVDVideoSoft"
    "InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\DVDVideoSoft\\"
    "Inno Setup: Icon Group"="DVDVideoSoft"
    "Inno Setup: User"="Ice Fyre"
    "DisplayName"="Uninstall 1.0.0.1"
    "UninstallString"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\DVDVideoSoft\\unins000.exe\""
    "QuietUninstallString"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\DVDVideoSoft\\unins000.exe\" /SILENT"
    "NoModify"=dword:00000001
    "NoRepair"=dword:00000001

Is it ok to uninstall it?
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Well I suppose if you know it wasn't there before you installed that demo, then yes uninstall it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DVDVideoSoft produce Free Studio = a suite of multimedia editing / conversion tools.

I have the same entry....it seems to be linked to one of three uninstall files associated with this freeware.

I guess it depends on whether or not you use Free Studio. I do occasionally so I'm leaving it.