OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Usually the results of the battles are leaked by now. It's awfully quiet :eek:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the results of the knockouts for team Jessie. Do you really wanna know? (I got it from someone who went)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    I know the results of the knockouts for team Jessie. Do you really wanna know? (I got it from someone who went)

Yep, yep:D
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KToure wrote: »

Might be a good idea to have a very clearly marked "BATTLE ROUNDS SPOILER" headlined thread for this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash, Sarah, and she stole Matt Henry from Will. Danny had Andrea, Conor, and I don't know the last one. The three boys all stole from Team Jessie. The person who told me said this might not be 100% because she might not have remembered correctly, but that's what I got.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to have a very clearly marked "BATTLE ROUNDS SPOILER" headlined thread for this.

Well, I gave a Knockout round spoiler
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be so ****ed off if Alex Buchanan isn't in that mix. Do you have any info on him?
    Forum Member
    Ash, Sarah, and she stole Matt Henry from Will. Danny had Andrea, Conor, and I don't know the last one. The three boys all stole from Team Jessie. The person who told me said this might not be 100% because she might not have remembered correctly, but that's what I got.

So these are the final 3s going into the Lives? Interesting in regard to the steals and proves my theory regarding shortage of talent this season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So these are the final 3s going into the Lives? Interesting in regard to the steals and proves my theory regarding shortage of talent this season.

Apparently the second one I stated KILLED IT and she had no choice but to pick the person because she would have been absurd not to. I'm looking forward to see how that all plays out on TV and whether or not the positions were well deserved.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am AMAZED that Andrea has made it to the lives if this is true. If she has done she must really have pulled something out in the battle/eliminator because i thought her audition was really poor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I am AMAZED that Andrea has made it to the lives if this is true. If she has done she must really have pulled something out in the battle/eliminator because i thought her audition was really poor.
    Totally agree. Danny must have worked magic with that vocal coach because her rendition of her audition song made me want to cry and not in a good way.
    Forum Member
    Apparently the second one I stated KILLED IT and she had no choice but to pick the person because she would have been absurd not to. I'm looking forward to see how that all plays out on TV and whether or not the positions were well deserved.

I'm still confused/curious to how the Knockout on the BBC's version will work out seeing as they'll be 7 artists after the battles?..I don't see where the tension will be created from.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Completely agree, she was probably the worst of all the auditions for me and I can't believe she's possibly going to make the lives! Danny's team is already pretty awful as it is, but he's messing up even more if he makes decisions like that :(
    Forum Member
    Totally agree. Danny must have worked magic with that vocal coach because her rendition of her audition song made me want to cry and not in a good way.

Danny looks (on paper) to have a weaker list of artists going into the lives than in season 1...if there is to be a third season, I think they need to look at someone more well known.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still confused/curious to how the Knockout on the BBC's version will work out seeing as they'll be 7 artists after the battles?..I don't see where the tension will be created from.

She told me, but I can't really remember as it was very confusing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny looks (on paper) to have a weaker list of artists going into the lives than in season 1...if there is to be a third season, I think they need to look at someone more well known.

Being famous doesn't give you a better ability to judge others. Mariah Carey is showing that on Idol.
    Forum Member
    Being famous doesn't give you a better ability to judge others. Mariah Carey is showing that on Idol.

I should have mentioned and with personality:D..the point I'm making is that during the blinds most 4 or 3 and even 2 turns involving Danny, he loses. One big reason is that artists are more familiar with the other 3 coaches.
    Forum Member

I still don't understand why the BBC thought the US format for the Knockout rounds wouldn't work in the UK..I mean they're still singing in a boxing ring and as far as I'm aware boxing involves two sportsmen/women.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't agree. I think he has the winner in his group and I think he proved to be a good coach last year. He made one or two mistakes but so did Will with some questionable song choices for his finalists. Although Tom had the winner last year I think Danny will prove to have the most successful artist of last year's acts and that IMO is more important than winning but we shall see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand why the BBC thought the US format for the Knockout rounds wouldn't work in the UK..I mean they're still singing in a boxing ring and as far as I'm aware boxing involves two sportsmen/women.

You may be confusing the Battle rounds with the Knockouts. Understandably given the boxing ring thing.

The Battle rounds (in the boxing ring) are between all the people on one team. Where the coach pits one team member against a fellow team member. Then the coach chooses who they will keep between the two.

The difference this year is any person who is eliminated (at this stage) can be snatched up by another coach.

The following round (The Knockouts) is where the 7 remaining team members have to sing their Killer Song to make sure they are one of the 3 chosen by their coach to go through to the live rounds.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imo, the Battle round and the Knockout round are pretty similar since it's two members of the same team pitted against eachother. So pretty much

Battle Round - Two contestants of the same team pitted against eachother singing one song- like a duet. Whoever loses may be stole by another coach

Knockout round - Two contestants of the same team pitted against eachother singing a song of their own choice (:rolleyes:) and only one will go forward to the live shows

What did you mean by 7 artists? I assumed there would be 8 contestants advancing to the knockout rounds (6 winners & two steals) to keep the team even? Maybe I'm wrong, i'm just basing it on how the US version is:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Imo, the Battle round and the Knockout round are pretty similar since it's two members of the same team pitted against eachother. So pretty much

Battle Round - Two contestants of the same team pitted against eachother singing one song- like a duet. Whoever loses may be stole by another coach

Knockout round - Two contestants of the same team pitted against eachother singing a song of their own choice (:rolleyes:) and only one will go forward to the live shows

What did you mean by 7 artists? I assumed there would be 8 contestants advancing to the knockout rounds (6 winners & two steals) to keep the team even? Maybe I'm wrong, i'm just basing it on how the US version is:o

The knock outs are between ALL remaining team members (the 6 they are left with after the battle round plus their 1 steal).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »

That is why it is s confusing. The battle rounds narrow it down to six, but the coaches also get just one steal making it seven per team. The format for the nock outs can't make any logical sense from the way I see it with an odd number of people. From that seven, three go to the lives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is why it is s confusing. The battle rounds narrow it down to six, but the coaches also get just one steal making it seven per team. The format for the nock outs can't make any logical sense from the way I see it with an odd number of people. From that seven, three go to the lives.

Taken directly from the BBC Voice site

The Knockouts

As the series hits the Knockouts, the Coaches must pick their top three finalists from their seven. It’s at this stage that the artists themselves take control. Each artist must select a “Killer Song” to perform. They will all perform their Killer Songs, and the Coaches will have to decide which three artists will go through to the Live Shows.
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Taken directly from the BBC Voice site

The Knockouts

As the series hits the Knockouts, the Coaches must pick their top three finalists from their seven. It’s at this stage that the artists themselves take control. Each artist must select a “Killer Song” to perform. They will all perform their Killer Songs, and the Coaches will have to decide which three artists will go through to the Live Shows.

So I presume (each coach) will wait until all 7 perform before they make their decision. I guess it can work when their are no commercials!
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Andrea?! What the hell! Hope she actually makes a huge improvement and it's not because he feels bad about her disability. So glad about Conor though, he's my standout favourite but I had a feeling he wouldn't make it to the lives.
    Not bothered about any of Jessie's three, even though her team is easily the strongest based on the auditions alone. Hope someone stole Danny County.