New Star Soccer

ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This app is an absolute gem, I can't believe its only 69p (if you want to unlock the career mode - which i'm sure you will).

It's a mix between Sensible Soccer and Footballer of the Year, you start off as a 16yr old trialist, get a contract at a lower ranked club anywhere in the world (there must be about 100 countries leagues represented in this game).

In game you are given situations to pass, shoot or intercept and your decisions lead to your overall match ratings, it's so addictive managed to make my way from Chelmsford to Altrincham to Aldershot, then to Raith Rovers and Aberdeen before finally moving to Barcelona.

Anyway this review lead to me checking out - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-app-of-the-day-new-star-soccer

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This app is an absolute gem, I can't believe its only 69p (if you want to unlock the career mode - which i'm sure you will).

It's a mix between Sensible Soccer and Footballer of the Year, you start off as a 16yr old trialist, get a contract at a lower ranked club anywhere in the world (there must be about 100 countries leagues represented in this game).

In game you are given situations to pass, shoot or intercept and your decisions lead to your overall match ratings, it's so addictive managed to make my way from Chelmsford to Altrincham to Aldershot, then to Raith Rovers and Aberdeen before finally moving to Barcelona.

Anyway this review lead to me checking out - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-16-app-of-the-day-new-star-soccer

Have it on the PC excellent game. How does it play on the mobiile? Do you use touch screen for moving etc.?
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have it on the PC excellent game. How does it play on the mobiile? Do you use touch screen for moving etc.?

You get presented with about 5-15 chances in a game from an old school Champ Man type commentary, ranging from passing to shooting. It's all touch screen, simple but addictive.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member
    Great game, although I've sort of completed everything there is to do now. Amazing value for 69p though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    v1.14 is out later this week, with Crossing and Corners added.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent, ta for the update!
    Forum Member

Really? Cool.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, found this on a Flash games site that I play during lunch hour at work, great game to kill time during lunch and then got the game on Android and it is just as addictive!

Nice too that they keep adding features.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant game, the only game i play on my s3.

wish they'd sort the graphic problems though.
  • BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this on my Iphone, great game. So addictive!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Addictive. Just wish there were more achievements to unlock (100 career hat tricks, 1000 assists etc)
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this game a few weeks, and its really addictive, on question though, I'm now 38 (in the game) and i wondered how long I will be able to play before I have to retire?
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder about the age thing too. Wondered what age you get retired

Plus why do you never marry your girlfriend ? ha
  • jamiepr74jamiepr74 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    I am 51 years old on my iphone, so I think it just goes on until you get bored......

2073 apps
    1876 goals
    125 hat tricks
    12035 passes
    1853 assists
    974 star man

I refuse to delete it! It keeps me going when I get bored :-)
    Forum Member
    Post not showing.
  • jamiepr74jamiepr74 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Yes, weird as it appears on my mac, but not on my phone......anyway....here I go again!

I am 51 years old on my iphone, so I think it just goes on until you get bored......

2073 apps
    1876 goals
    125 hat tricks
    12035 passes
    1853 assists
    974 star man

I refuse to delete it! It keeps me going when I get bored :-)
  • Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Its a good game early on, when your still improving as a player and moving up the leagues but when you've done all the skills and can afford the best boots and houses for recovery time the game just gets boring because its so easy.

When I played on it I was constantly winning titles and scoring 100+ goals a season because all I had to do was just aim it on target and it would go in because the keepers are so bad.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And isnt it funny how you have a girlfriend for 30 years but never marry her :)