how is it going in usa ?

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,707
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What seems to be the general consensus in usa of the ps4 release. Good, bad ?

I have read myself of a few faulty units but it is the net and it is generally the bad side you read.

Have read the save video as your playing feature is saving without sound on bf4 at least.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its been on sale a tiny bit over 12 hours on the east coast and just over 9 hours on the west coast

The first day of sales isn't even over yet, i'd say it will be at least another day or two before we can even get a general consensus of first impressions
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.amazon.com

Interesting reviews on the PS4.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id really have expected within the hour to hear. Wow this is slick. The xgc is brill. The sharing is ace. Or on the counter.....what a pile of shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Id really have expected within the hour to hear. Wow this is slick. The xgc is brill. The sharing is ace. Or on the counter.....what a pile of shit.

I get what you mean, but would you really trust those opinions, i mean 99% of people who are queuing up at midnight are going to love it

Are people really going to buy a console with games costing $500-600 in total and then not at least try to convince themselves that they like it

Personally i'm giving it the weekend then i'm watch people on youtube and see their honest opinions once the dust has settled
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all too busy playing it to post comments!

It was quite quiet on GAF and stuff. I put it down to people playing.

The better comments seem to be in the individual threads for different things and games in terms of what they think of it.

I'd say that things are pretty good. People playing games that they'd been playing the day before on 360/PS3 are so much better.

Remote Play feedback has been good, which was the only feedback I was looking for. I've played some games already and I know we're going to get good graphics but what no one knew would be how well that actually performs and people have been happy so I can't wait to play Knack in my bed!
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some folks are playing their PS4 games on twitch etc. That's a good way to get a look at it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. Just installed the app. Some guy is waiting fifa 14 installing 26 mins to go.

These installs are going to be a pain imo
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stuff on twitch is streamed straight from the console!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stuff on twitch is streamed straight from the console!

Is it ?
    Some seem like it might be but some have pic in pic. Surely that isnt ?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Is it ?

If you have the camera, you can hold the pad at your chin and it'll pick up your face to show in any streams you do. You can watch me going mad when I get destroyed playing BF4! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol.
    This is first time I've looked at twitch. Its pretty good.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it ?

It's not all direct. Some people use a capture card to capture the PS4 footage and place it amongst other stuff like their webcam of them playing etc etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IGN has a "first impressions" review up

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/15/ps4-first-impressions
  • charmed1987charmed1987 Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Very well it would seem there is currently 1 Star reviews on Amazon us all complaining about the console not working
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Very well it would seem there is currently 1 Star reviews on Amazon us all complaining about the console not working

It's to be expected at a launch unfortunately (the reason I never preorder hardware) that's mass production for you, there are always dodgy systems out there. It's probably a few percent of users having issues, IGN say 4%. They were asked about this on the Giantbomb livestream, and they said that 4% is a low number, and a consumer electronic launch normally has 3-5% failure. Hopefully Sony have a system in place to replace the faulty units.

I don't really understand why a faulty unit would make someone give a 1 star review anyway. I mean, I got a Vita in Feb, charged it for a few hours only to find that the touch screen didn't work. I got it exchanged and I love the system, I'd give it 4 stars personally. The problem with things like this happening at launch, is that there might not be any stock to exchange it with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently a 2 week wait on sending them back
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently a 2 week wait on sending them back

That's rough, I would be pretty upset if i'd waited in line for hours and then it didn't work. It will get sorted, It's just dissapointing for people. I suppose that's why people have gone to Amazon to give bad reviews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it probably works differently but folk are complaining you don't get friend online notifications and also doesn't tell you when they were last online.

On the plus side that streaming to twitch is freaking awesome. Just how my net can handle it.
  • charmed1987charmed1987 Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well On Amazon US its now 11 1 star Reviews and 1 user M turner on there seems to be Enjoying him self hyping the XB1 and bashing the Ps4
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just hope it's sorted by the time the PS4 hits Europe!!! .... there's far 2 many 1 star reviews for my liking! :eek: :(
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh - It is good to have the US beta test the machine for us.

I do hope the issues are resolved though. I would be super p*ssed if I had to wait two weeks due to faulty machine.

The twitch stuff is great - was watching @yosp playing Knack the other day.

I like the look of the UI - it seems really quick and responsive. Very easy to jump in and out of games etc. One disappointment was that you still have to synch trophies.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy is cool he answers your questions too http://www.twitch.tv/youngandgifted
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not very good first impressions from what I've seen so far. But it's still early, give it time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Heh - It is good to have the US beta test the machine for us.

I do hope the issues are resolved though. I would be super p*ssed if I had to wait two weeks due to faulty machine.

The twitch stuff is great - was watching @yosp playing Knack the other day.

I like the look of the UI - it seems really quick and responsive. Very easy to jump in and out of games etc. One disappointment was that you still have to synch trophies.

Xbone customers will feel smug if the new Xbone is running smoothly but PS4 peeps have to wait 2 weeks to send it back! Sony are slacking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.twitch.tv/nickdroidhardy

The graphics look really slick.