Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So everyone who has updated are not allowed to use their card now? I haven't tried it myself but a poster said they couldn't use theirs so I was wondering if it was one off or everyone got the same problem.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So everyone who has updated are not allowed to use their card now? I haven't tried it myself but a poster said they couldn't use theirs so I was wondering if it was one off or everyone got the same problem.

No, You send your new picture and they dispatch a new card in November. I doubt they'd want people not to go for 2 months!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    No, You send your new picture and they dispatch a new card in November. I doubt they'd want people not to go for 2 months!

This is what I thought, but the poster on the other page seems to have experienced a problem where they won't accept their old card.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I updated the info on line too - got told my card was slightly damaged and needed to get it replaced and thought initally thats what this email was about.
    I did find it very funny that I should upgrade to this wonderful "premium service" without going into any detail at all what Premium Service actually was :D
    This is what I thought, but the poster on the other page seems to have experienced a problem where they won't accept their old card.

:yawn: Read the post again and it clearly states the card was damaged. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn: Read the post again and it clearly states the card was damaged. :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about Rincewind. So no need to be rude about it.

Here is the post I was talking about:
    cheeks wrote: »
    Had the email, waiting for a replacement card at the moment...not allowed in cineworld until I get it which is pretty frustrating...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't talking about Rincewind. So no need to be rude about it.

Here is the post I was talking about:

Sorry! Although I am sure that was just a replacement card for his/her normal account rather than the new upgraded one. Cineworld wouldn't want to stop customers from going.
  • RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cineworld employee here, this is my own opinion and not of the company but it might be something to do with the extra discount on the snacks (25% instead of 10%) as well as the 3D uplift price being removed. It could also mean extras such as allowing a friend to join you on unlimited specials .
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I'll have to update my hatred of Unlimited Card holders to premium rate then ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I'll have to update my hatred of Unlimited Card holders to premium rate then ;)

LOL! Are you not near a Cineworld then?
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had my card for 8+ years along with my partner. A few weeks ago the assistant said "our manager has instructed us to keep all old cards where the photos have faded away, I'm sorry so you'll be without a card until your replacement arrives....just phone this number"

My reply: "you will not be keeping my card as I have paid for the Unlimited service, if you keep my card that means I would have to pay full price for any film before my new card arrives"

Assistant: "Sorry, it's not me it's my manager"

Me: "Get me the manager"

Result: we kept our cards until new ones arrived.
    What a bloody cheek trying to take a service I've paid for off me because the Manager said so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! Are you not near a Cineworld then?

NO ! :mad:

The nearest one to me is about an hour and a quarter's commute and three changes of bus away. I emailed them a few years back to ask if they had any further expansion plans in the hope they'd creep closer to where i live and they said no.

So 'eff 'em. And 'eff everyone else who's got an unlimited card.
    I love you all really :D
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My situation is this....I am currently waiting for a replacement unlimited card. My letter states I cannot be issued any unlimited tickets in the mean time. When I read the letter I pointed out that I am already paying for the service but it's basically "tough titty" for me at the moment......

Funnily, the day after I received the email about the Premium card. Obviously I'll take it but I'm not expecting anything fantastic....:)
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my email today. In my junk box. I can't really complain about the service. I just wish we could book online or have a separate till for unlimited holders as the queue at my cinema can stretch round the block when it's busy!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE my Unlimited card! :D Am currently enjoying my 13th month (for free as a deal when I signed up :D) It really is amazing value, and it beats every other cinema chain on price and value for money hands down ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE my Unlimited card! :D Am currently enjoying my 13th month (for free as a deal when I signed up :D) It really is amazing value, and it beats every other cinema chain on price and value for money hands down ...

I hate you the most then :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but I rarely get the chance to gloat! :D

*Eagerly anticipating premium email*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Went on last night

If you're happy with your photo, you don't have to change it
  • loulabelle44loulabelle44 Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I just wish we could book online or have a separate till for unlimited holders as the queue at my cinema can stretch round the block when it's busy!:eek:

My tip is to get your tickets from the bar/kiosk/concessions instead if they're not busy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    My tip is to get your tickets from the bar/kiosk/concessions instead if they're not busy.

Tried that once, there were about a dozen at the ticket queue and 2 waiting for food

trouble was, the div in front of me in the food queue proceeded to buy several ice creams, hot dogs, popcorns, drinks etc for other people in their party and took a damn sight longer than the ticket queue.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can't do that at my local Cineworld. Have never seen anyone purchase tickets there whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    You can't do that at my local Cineworld. Have never seen anyone purchase tickets there whatsoever.

Have you asked? No one seems to purchase tickets from the concession stand at my Cineworld either - apart from me.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you asked? No one seems to purchase tickets from the concession stand at my Cineworld either - apart from me.

I haven't asked, no but all i've seen is people buy food and drink from there, myself included but not once have i seen anyone buy tickets from there.

I'm gutted i'm not eligible for the Premium membership. I called them up because i hadn't received this email people have mentioned and they said you have to have had your card for longer than 12months. I told them i'd had the card for around 4 years now but they told me i renewed my card after it had expired and as a result i wasn't eligible as each time i renewed i was entering into a brand new 12 month contract.

You're only eligible if you renew your annual Unlimited Card before the expiry date (hence the longer than 12 months rule). That's gonna annoy a lot of folk, me included. I'm pissed off, that's so not fair! :(
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy my tickets at the Ben & Jerrys bar.
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Any other card holders still waiting for their email?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got an email too, looking forward to seeing what the benefits are. My local Cineworld is having an Imax installed which is due to open with James Bond Skyfall, I wonder if it's anything to do with that.