Channel 4's 30 greatest comedy shows

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
Forum Member
anyone watching this? its been on for an hour and has an hour left, not bad so far. shame they have put it in a strange timeslot.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a repeat if you think about it the channel its on and the amount of decent sitcoms channel 4 has its not hard to see what is number 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    so it is, didn't realsie but don't think i saw it first time round :D
  • sleepasleepa Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and the amount of decent sitcoms channel 4 has its not hard to see what is number 1

Steady now :)
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down with this sort of thing.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    its a repeat if you think about it the channel its on and the amount of decent sitcoms channel 4 has its not hard to see what is number 1

Desmond's?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desmond's?

Surely Drop the Dead Donkey is the last really funny series that Channel 4 have had?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed C4 could possibly find 30 great comedies
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Surely Drop the Dead Donkey is the last really funny series that Channel 4 have had?

I never liked that in fact I had forgotten all about it until I read this
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightingales must have been in there somewhere
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If darkplace isn't on the list it's a pointless list :)
    Forum Member
    How the hell can Desmond's only make 25 it's the best one one the list the only one I like really although Father Ted wasn't that bad but the rest are terrible
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell can Desmond's only make 25 it's the best one one the list the only one I like really although Father Ted wasn't that bad but the rest are terrible

Can't agree, there are some truly great shows on there. Brass Eye is my favourite but Father Ted deserved to win due to the impact it had,.

I find it hard to understand how you can think 28 of those shows are terrible
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It blew my mind that Desmond's was only at 25, and bloody PhoneShop was a couple of places higher!
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't agree, there are some truly great shows on there. Brass Eye is my favourite but Father Ted deserved to win due to the impact it had,.

I find it hard to understand how you can think 28 of those shows are terrible

Seconded. I like nearly every show on the list. Channel 4 are and for quite some time have been a brilliant broadcaster of comedy
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Nope. They've had several decent ones since then.

Some I don't watch but accept that they must be pretty good as they win comedy awards and baftas and have plenty of fans.
    I don't mind admitting that, unless ofcouse it has Miranda Hart in it :p

Peep Show is one example. Only watched one episode of that. I like Michell & Webb and rate Michell very highly as a comedy actor/presenter.

Btw, here is the original thread
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1724351
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Was it limited to sitcoms and sketch shows?

I thought 8 Out of 10 Cats would have had a shout. And Whose Line.

I mean SNL/FNL and Big Night Out are different beasts to the rest of them.