Update 1.50 for PS4

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone downloading this prior to getting their console? Might be wise instead of downloading it the day you get it - servers will be crammed!

Is it available for EU yet?

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or will you ride the storm :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might but there will no doubt be a 1.55 by the time it is our turn.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Is anyone downloading this prior to getting their console? Might be wise instead of downloading it the day you get it - servers will be crammed!

Think it is sensible to download it in advance just in case the servers get overloaded, even if they can cope speeds will likely be poor with a lot downloading it at once.

I got both versions (the update only and full version for hdd upgrade) as if I found a 1TB drive going cheap enough in the next couple weeks I'd probably start with that as the more I read about install sizes and space the system reserves for cache etc, the more inadequate the stock drive sounds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Will be downloading it to a flashdrive, mainly becasue I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade the HDD to a SSD on day one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    Think it is sensible to download it in advance just in case the servers get overloaded, even if they can cope speeds will likely be poor with a lot downloading it at once.

I got both versions (the update only and full version for hdd upgrade) as if I found a 1TB drive going cheap enough in the next couple weeks I'd probably start with that as the more I read about install sizes and space the system reserves for cache etc, the more inadequate the stock drive sounds.

Totally agree, from what I have read so far it looks like you will only get 400gb to play with which is even worse.

Got a 1tb SSD from Amazon for under £80, so taking the plunge, hope you get a cheap SSD and good luck with the instal.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, from what I have read so far it looks like you will only get 400gb to play with which is even worse.

Got a 1tb SSD from Amazon for under £80, so taking the plunge, hope you get a cheap SSD and good luck with the instal.

A 1TB SSD from Amazon?? Link please, never in my life seen them that cheap, unless it was a hybrid drive and not a true SSD?
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not going to bother , copes just fine when the call of duty map packs are released and i think a lot more people download them than are going to have the ps4 at launch .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is unbelievable, got a link?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't see it being a problem.

As I understand it, PS4 firmware downloads in the background. So unless you plan on watching a DVD as your first PS4 experience, just crack on with a game and let the PS4 do its thing while you play.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think I'll wait and download the firmware via the console. Just in case lol
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a guide to changing the Hard Drive in the PS4?

Not sure I'll bother straight away, but tempted to swap my 1TB from my PS3.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a guide to changing the Hard Drive in the PS4?

Not sure I'll bother straight away, but tempted to swap my 1TB from my PS3.

ign posted one today i think
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ign posted one today i think

atm 500GB is plenty because ill probably just delete the cache/install data after ive completed each game 2 save space ... which is kinda what i do with my 360! :)

(i know replacing the internal HDD is easy but id still like external HDD support ... whether it happens tho is anyones guess!) :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    atm 500GB is plenty because

.... there aren't that many games released yet :D