I've spent the past 48 hours watching Gladiators videos on Youtube

Comments

• FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was born in 1992, but I can remember growing up and watching it. I must have been 2 or 3, but I remember watching it and growing up with it as my Dad was a big fan. I watched when they did the rerun on Sky, or was it Challenge, about 3 years ago.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jet is so hot.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to love this show. Actually met Jet and Hunter (who is actually a lot taller than he looks on screen). I still have the videos which occasionally get a viewing. I used to like the one showing them training at the Caribbean hotel resort which was part of the winners prize.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    From the little I remember of Gladiators, it was a totally camp gay-fest that made American wrestling look like a real combat sport.

OP, if you purchase a similar outfit for wearing to gay church whoops, I mean the gym, I'm sure you'll get a warm reception.:D
  • BaccattackBaccattack Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great show back in the day, can you imagine any show nowadays in this multi channel age being able to pack out the NEC in Birmingham on a regular basis!

Skytrack was my favourite game - shame it wasn't used more but I guess it was time consuming to setup compared to some of the others. Would have loved a go at the final assult course to see if I made it up the dreaded travelator :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    What's wrong with me? This morning I had the opening theme on repeat for about an hour, and I was singing it when lifting weights at the gym. It's just so catchy...'Are you a GLADIATOR?? duh da duh, duh da duh..'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVMLAlb8Ek

Let us all rejoice in Gladiator nostalgia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc

I just love everything about it, even though it hadn't even entered my for about 10 years prior to this Friday. My favourite male gladiator was Wolf. 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf!' Brilliant. But the best of all is, of course, Jet. Phwoar. She's just amazing. What a woman.

Who was your favourite gladiator?

That reminds me I should find my data disks of the caps I downloaded off UKnova about 3 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh, Saracen (Mike Lewis)! I still would :o

I sense an image search coming on,...
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,543
    Forum Member
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    What's wrong with me? This morning I had the opening theme on repeat for about an hour, and I was singing it when lifting weights at the gym. It's just so catchy...'Are you a GLADIATOR?? duh da duh, duh da duh..'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVMLAlb8Ek

Let us all rejoice in Gladiator nostalgia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc

I just love everything about it, even though it hadn't even entered my for about 10 years prior to this Friday. My favourite male gladiator was Wolf. 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf!' Brilliant. But the best of all is, of course, Jet. Phwoar. She's just amazing. What a woman.

Who was your favourite gladiator?

Even though it hadn't entered your what? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching some episodes a couple of weeks ago! This show reminds me of my childhood! Wolf was the man i always loved him and Jet by far was the fittest (In the shallow sense :D) Loved this show!

OP your not alone btw i sometimes listen to the track when i'm exercising to it gives you such a jump start! :D
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of them Gladiator " girls " had a bigger set of nadgers and a deeper voice than most men.

Awful show.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Fluffy* wrote: »
    Ooooh, Saracen (Mike Lewis)! I still would :o

I sense an image search coming on,...

http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/gladiators/male/saracen/

Thought you would like it.

My favourite was Cobra
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Baccattack wrote: »
    Great show back in the day, can you imagine any show nowadays in this multi channel age being able to pack out the NEC in Birmingham on a regular basis!

I wonder what the attendance actually was and how much of the crowd paid and how much of crowd were freebies.

Anyone know?
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
  • aquaplexaquaplex Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    I wonder what the attendance actually was and how much of the crowd paid and how much of crowd were freebies.

Anyone know?

Apparently tickets were free. Annoying as if my parents had known we would have gone to see it.

For me Gladiators was all about the events - sadly the series got to the point where they overplayed some games and most of the better ones only made cameo appearances throughout the series. I got fed up of Powerball, The Wall, Gaintlet, Pendulum, Hang Touch and Duel whereas the likes of Skytrak, Suspension Bridge, Danger Zone, Atlaspheres and Swingshot barely appeared whereas some of the even better ones like Tilt, Pursuit, Pyramid and Pole-Axe got ditched.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV wouldn't be able to afford Gladiators now. The big arena sections of Red Or Black are the closest we'll get.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Scorpio, I thought she had lovely figure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gladiators was my favourite show as a kid! Shadow was also my favourite.

I used to sing "another one bites the nuts" instead of "another one bites the dust" until my mum pointed out the difference :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of them Gladiator " girls " had a bigger set of nadgers and a deeper voice than most men.

You'd probably have more of a problem doing that show now, because while it's impossible to be 100% sure just from looking at their bodies, it's reasonable to speculate most if not all of them were on performance enhancing drugs. I remember Roger Cook chasing Wolf around accusing him of promoting steroids to kids, weird that ITV would do that to themselves. ITV claimed there were tests I think; I wonder if those were World Championship Wrestling style drug tests where everyone failed but it was ignored as WCW were only testing so they could say they were testing. ;)
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jet was obviously the best and sexiest. But as a kid I always went mental whenever Wolf came on screen.

And Jet is a regular guest on Big Brothers Bit On The Side nowadays, as a psychologist or something-or-other? She's changed a bit but still has massive sex appeal.

She's certainly second best in the looks department compared to Emma, now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    millysshaw wrote: »
    http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/gladiators/male/saracen/

Thought you would like it.

My favourite was Cobra

Thank you for that! According to that, he's 50 this year and he's still FAF! He was on one of those daytime shows last year.

I loved Cobra. He was so funny. He always reminded me of a muscular Melvin Hayes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my fav games was the one where the you had the contest who had to run through 5 gladiators.

The fun thing was if the first contestant got through they would be rough as hell on the 2nd guy.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my fav games was the one where the you had the contest who had to run through 5 gladiators.

The fun thing was if the first contestant got through they would be rough as hell on the 2nd guy.

That would be Gauntlet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_(Gladiators)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jet is on BOTS all the time, obviously she has aged but still looks good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember during Series 7 when a male contestant pretty much has a breakdown and cries after having a hard time in the events.