Anyone have a HTC Desire X, or a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, or a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
Forum Member
I'm trying to find out which, if any, of these three phones has the capability of zooming when video recording.

Thanks

Comments

• kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SkinnyLegs wrote: »
    I'm trying to find out which, if any, of these three phones has the capability of zooming when video recording.

Thanks
    Oops - wrong phone. Thought you meant One X (which can)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ace 2 doesn't have zoom at all. I believe there are apps you can get for it but reduce quality. Never really looked into it myself.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the Galaxy S3 can.

You just do it with the volume buttons on the left.

Like all of them though it's just going to be a digital zoom and looses quality when zoomed right in.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ace 2 doesn't have zoom at all. I believe there are apps you can get for it but reduce quality. Never really looked into it myself.

It doesn't even zoom on the normal camera :( It's the only thing I don't like about the phone. I tend to use my iPod Touch to take photos as the camera on that is better. Hang on - can you zoom in on photos/videos with the volume buttons?
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just double checked and you can zoom with the volume rocker on the S3 (got me wondering about it and had to double check).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't even zoom on the normal camera :( It's the only thing I don't like about the phone. I tend to use my iPod Touch to take photos as the camera on that is better. Hang on - can you zoom in on photos/videos with the volume buttons?

No not on the Ace 2 :( It's one of those small things about the phone that really bugs me.