£17pcm + £699.99
    or any combination up to
    £42 + £79

vod
    £38 + £199

EE
    £26 + £349

it seems possible you can't afford one.
    what do you think is the best deal out of that list?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    they all cost about £1100

i don't think there is any value to be extracted from a 5s contract.

a galaxy s4 will save you £350
    a galaxy S3 will save you £600
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    they all cost about £1100

i don't think there is any value to be extracted from a 5s contract.

a galaxy s4 will save you £350
    a galaxy S3 will save you £600

hmmm i guess i may have to move to android

the htc one is kinda old and i dont want it to be my phone for 24 months whilst the nexus 5 is probs a budget phone

i dont like the feel of the samsung galaxy either
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »

the htc one is kinda old and i dont want it to be my phone for 24 months whilst the nexus 5 is probs a budget phone

i don't quite know what you mean by the N5 being a budget phone. but it will certainly be cheaper.

i don't know your financial position. but the iPhone is going to cost you.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the prices are quite steep and I am a bit disapointed by how high they are. I have owned iPhones for the past 4 years but don't think I can justify the price of getting the 5S.

When I got my 32GB 4S on the Three One Plan just under 2 years ago it was £35 a month, plus £189 upfront working out at £1029 for the 2 years. I also got £110 cashback through Topcashback bringing the total cost down to £929 approx (no longer available).

A few months into the contract the cost went up a little, around £1.25 a month so even taking this into consideration I paid no more than £950 for the 2 years.

I was hoping that the pricing for the 5S would be along similar lines.

If I upgrade to the 32GB 5S on the One Plan I am looking at £46 x 24 + £99 = £1203 for 2 years.

I could reduce this to £987 by compromising and taking the 16GB model, and reducing the plan to ultimate internet 500. I would of course lose the tethering.

So as they say on Dragon's Den, I'm out.

I will probably get a high end Android phone such as the HTC One which would come in at £893 for 2 years without having to compromise on storage, and tethering and minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    I agree that the prices are quite steep and I am a bit disapointed by how high they are. I have owned iPhones for the past 4 years but don't think I can justify the price of getting the 5S.

When I got my 32GB 4S on the Three One Plan just under 2 years ago it was £35 a month, plus £189 upfront working out at £1029 for the 2 years. I also got £110 cashback through Topcashback bringing the total cost down to £929 approx (no longer available).

A few months into the contract the cost went up a little, around £1.25 a month so even taking this into consideration I paid no more than £950 for the 2 years.

If I upgrade to the 32GB 5S on the One Plan I am looking at £46 x 24 + £99 = £1203 for 2 years.

I could reduce this to £987 by compromising and taking the 16GB model, and reducing the plan to ultimate internet 500. I would of course lose the tethering.

I will probably get a high end Android phone such as the HTC One which would come in at £893 for 2 years without having to compromise on storage, and tethering and minutes.

the htc one is kinda old now...
    are you not going to wait for the next one to come out?
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the htc one is kinda old now...
    are you not going to wait for the next one to come out?

I possibly will. I've got another couple of months to consider it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I possibly will. I've got another couple of months to consider it.

yup i can upgrade from october but the htc one is old now and i dont want the samsung galaxy s4 so my options are kinda limited

thing is if i want the next htc one i will have wait until probs next year march:eek:
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three have the 5S for £37 pm and £99 up front. I'm guessing that's for a 16gb though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Three have the 5S for £37 pm and £99 up front. I'm guessing that's for a 16gb though

yup

i need 32gb though....16 isnt enough for me:(
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

:confused::confused: Shakes head. Again.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup

i need 32gb though....16 isnt enough for me:(

You could perhaps look into iCloud so you could last on a 16GB model not sure how fair the prices are for that.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Try this page for comparison of prices http://www.phoneslimited.co.uk/Apple/iPhone+5S+32GB.html

Also this deal from dialaphone seems not bad
    http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/aw2/basketnew.aspx?sitetype=contract&item=offer&action=add&offercode=24VF199948&CID=Affiliate_16559

£179 up front, unlimited calls, texts and 1GB internet for £37 per month

EDIT just noticed 2000 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £37 a month and £219 one off
    http://www.phones4u.co.uk/basket/ShowBasket.asp?ik=717984&CID=Affiliate_16559

or

£32 per month £249 up front 1000 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try this page for comparison of prices http://www.phoneslimited.co.uk/Apple/iPhone+5S+32GB.html

Also this deal from dialaphone seems not bad
    http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/aw2/basketnew.aspx?sitetype=contract&item=offer&action=add&offercode=24VF199948&CID=Affiliate_16559

£179 up front, unlimited calls, texts and 1GB internet for £37 per month

EDIT just noticed 2000 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £37 a month and £219 one off

or

£32 per month £249 up front 1000 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet

They are all pricey
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    They are all pricey

Could always just buy a iPhone 5 on Ebay they are going quite cheap at the moment.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Could always just buy a iPhone 5 on Ebay they are going quite cheap at the moment.

Nah don't want an iPhone 5: thinking of getting the htc one on a £32 a month contract with either three or chitter chatter
  • neil79neil79 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy Sim free and save £150-£200 and have more flexibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neil79 wrote: »
    Buy Sim free and save £150-£200 and have more flexibility.

isnt it gonna be expensive

to pay that amount of money in one go! £484.60 for the HTC One on Amazon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth getting the 5s on this deal?
    Chitter Chatter are offering 1000 mins, unlimited texts and internet and you pay £249 for the phone....

I know its quiet pricey but if i was to buy the 32GB iphone 5s sim free and then go on a sim only of £15 a month, it will work out to be £989 since the phones costs £650, meaning i save like £50 in the end.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if you buy a 5s from a private seller if you need to the receipt to register the phone under the warranty or do you only need the phone id number on the box?
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth getting the 5s on this deal?
    Chitter Chatter are offering 1000 mins, unlimited texts and internet and you pay £249 for the phone....

I know its quiet pricey but if i was to buy the 32GB iphone 5s sim free and then go on a sim only of £15 a month, it will work out to be £989 since the phones costs £650, meaning i save like £50 in the end.

It depends if you are happy taking the hit one month then paying a lower monthly cost.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think Three option,which seems the best value for money for a IP5s, is to dear , it seems the IP5s is not for you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think Three option,which seems the best value for money for a IP5s, is to dear , it seems the IP5s is not for you

the iphone 5s on three

the contracts are all £40+ a month whilst with this deal its £32, albeit you stump up £250 for the phone
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    the iphone 5s on three

the contracts are all £40+ a month whilst with this deal its £32, albeit you stump up £250 for the phone

You still pay roughly the same amount over two years.... plus you get 4G for free on Three where as t-mobile cap your 3G speeds.

If you're going for an iPhone go for the better deal.

Then again why not just go for a different phone that you can get for under £20pm... Why does it have to be an overpriced iPhone.