Does Billy Connolly have Dementia?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw Billy in concert 14 months ago he was funny as hell. He had notes to prompt him, he made a joke about getting old. He was also on a tribute show about Gerard Kelly who died in October, he seemed fine. Like most people his age he will have a few senior moments, but dementia! not sure about that one
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, like others have said Billy has been doing this his whole career.

He even made a joke of it way back in 1988 when he played the Albert Hall. He said sometimes he can "stop talking about something and never refer to it again for years."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's something that a lot of comedians suffer from. Watch Dylan Moran.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're taliking about Billy forgetting what he's saying, take a look at the DVD of "Billy Bites Yer Bum" where he starts playing a song on the Autoharp.
    Someone in the audience makes a loud BANG, and Billy completely forgets the song ! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigers Eye wrote: »
    I hope that dementia never ever touches your life, OP. If it does then I hope that you will review your thread with a degree of embarrassment. Or maybe it has...if so, put "dementia" into Google and don't make such a fool of yourself.

For heavens sake, don't be such a drama queen. I have a mother with dementia and work with people with dementia and still don't find the question particularly out of order. Entertainers have often become more rambling and repetitive as their mental sharpness deteriorates and there is nothing outrageous about wondering whether this is happening to Connolly. I have no evidence either way, not having seen him recently, but have seen far more intrusive questions discussed countless times on here without the asker being vilified.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    No - he's always been off his trolley
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP answers his/her own question. Billy is pushing 70, he's not gonna be the same onstage as he was 10-20 years ago and he was already mad enough then, going off on tangents! Give him a break.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP answers his/her own question. Billy is pushing 70, he's not gonna be the same onstage as he was 10-20 years ago and he was already mad enough then, going off on tangents! Give him a break.

Agree with you spot on.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy is a self confessed sufferer from ADHD, so his concentration would not be great anyway.ADHD affects focus and recall.The man is older but that does not mean he is senile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I just watched Billy on youtube. In the old film The Elephants Graveyard.

Bloody awesome. This was the days before he started trying to talk all posh.

Trying to talk all posh??!!!! He still sounds like some thick-accented Glaswegian to me!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭