Whats the worst thing you've ever come across on the internet?

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darth Bane wrote: »
    Singsnap.

YES!!! :mad:

Definitely!! I had to lock myself in my bedroom and wear headphones playing me whale music to try to block the godawful screeching which became imprinted on my brain!!! :o
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    People jumping/falling from the World Trade Center, smashing through the entrance Canopy and hitting the ground. I assume the video has been taken off the internet now (although I've never searched for it).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    mistygal wrote: »
    So somebody who is actually deformed scares you more than some of the 'daily dish of depriactivy' that you see today?:confused:
    The Elephant Man was considered a freak.
    I thought we had moved on in times!

The whole internet is just an updated version of the victorian Freakshow. People love seeing oddities, its human nature. doesnt make it right though!!
  • northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    No scary but it just stuck in my mind: That guy with "roots" growing out his hands, feet and head. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wtree112.xml

It was just weird (Uncomfortable to look at). So, it kinda stuck.

eeeeek :eek: thats making me itch like crazy, i'm all shivery!

I've seen some awful things over the years, mostly from ogrish before it was liveleak. I wish I hadn't seen them but what can I do now I've never forgotten it. I also remember my first visit to rotten back in 98 or something, scarred me!!

This isn't anything scary on the scale that is being talked about but this afternoon i was just browsing justin.tv (a live cam site) and went into one room and I totally freaked out for a frew seconds lol
    http://www.justin.tv/humanlabrat
    It turned out to be a viral marketing campaign for the movie - 'the ruins' , looks just like all the other channels so thats why it got me :o:D
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've seen some awful things over the years, mostly from ogrish before it was liveleak. I wish I hadn't seen them but what can I do now I've never forgotten it. I also remember my first visit to rotten back in 98 or something, scarred me!!

This isn't anything scary on the scale that is being talked about but this afternoon i was just browsing justin.tv (a live cam site) and went into one room and I totally freaked out for a frew seconds lol
    It turned out to be a viral marketing campaign for the movie - 'the ruins' , looks just like all the other channels so thats why it got me :o:D

o0o0o0 Looks good. I wanna go see that now...
    Forum Member

What was freaky about it?:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I watched that Budd Dwyer one and it didn't scare me one bit. I will watch it again and be fine. But Tap-Tap is another story :(

You dont find close up video footage of a man shooting himself in the head upsetting?

Riiiight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Isnt that the one taken by a guy named kevin carter? He commited suicide in the end.The manic street preachers wrote a song about him.

He commited suicide as he was skint and recently had his best friend die.

Here's the vulture picture you were talking about:

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/odds_and_oddities/assets/wanting_a_meal.jpg
    Forum Member
    Memory of the Camps

This is probably the most shocking thing ive ever seen, well at first it was but as some people here will know, i do Holocaust Studies so with every documentary ive watched, i've seen these clips and more over and over so you kinda become desensitised.

Anyway, this is a film about the liberation of Bergen Belsen, the only camp liberated by our British lads.
    It shows you the clean up operation which includes bulldozing the huge amount of bodies into a big pit, which is pretty horrific. There isnt much blood and guts but its just the way the bodies move like rag dolls. It's also interesting because some inmates and British soldiers speak about their experiences. It's an incredibley sad and disturbing documentary but its brilliantly made (by Sir Alfred Hitchcock) and very very interesting.

So despite the disturbing images, please all watch it. :)

EDIT: Sorry ive just noticed they have other camps, not just Belsen. The other ones are pretty horrific too but none of the footage shocked me like Belsen, i just think because you hear English voices with regional accents and had my granddad been in Germany and not Italy, he might have been there :S. That's why i think it upsets me more. Anyway, have a watch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You dont find close up video footage of a man shooting himself in the head upsetting?

Riiiight

OMG I read about him on wikipedia, but would never ever ever actually dare to watch the video. No way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Pray tell how is it fake?

Do you know how almost impossible it is to eat your own shite never mind somebody else’s. We don’t eat shit not because it wont taste very nice but because you’re not supposed to. You would immediately vomit it as soon as it came to your mouth. And considering how easy it is to make something that isn’t poo look like poo it’s incredibly naïve to think that it definitely couldn’t be anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw my OH watching Ken Bigley being beheaded on some website.
    Forum Member
    1234567 wrote: »
    Do you know how almost impossible it is to eat your own shite never mind somebody else’s. We don’t eat shit not because it wont taste very nice but because you’re not supposed to. You would immediately vomit it as soon as it came to your mouth. And considering how easy it is to make something that isn’t poo look like poo it’s incredibly naïve to think that it definitely couldn’t be anything else.

In my halls, we made a realistic looking poo out of flour, milk, nesquick and a few more things. We put it in the shower and then told one of our other flat mates that one of his friends who were staying over did a poo in the shower, he got so embarrassed and upset... it was so funny :D
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    1234567 wrote: »

It's not like splitting the atom.

Most normal people would have those reaction but there's some pretty f*cked people out there.

The clips shows the stuff coming out of the orifice in one take. Do you think they have the budget and skill to fake that scene.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    Face of Death videos; some of these are just gory, like the one where the guy was caught having an affair, he lost his balls, and the rest ouch

Face of death, have seen the one where the guy was caught raping a girl, and had his dick chopped of, it wasnt really graphic, just the way it was doene.

His knob was stretched out on the slab, and chopped
  • Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    mistygal wrote: »
    So somebody who is actually deformed scares you more than some of the 'daily dish of depriactivy' that you see today?:confused:
    The Elephant Man was considered a freak.
    I thought we had moved on in times!

It's not me being cruel by being scared of him. The video just freaks me out, it's made to scare IMO.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would the top 5 be, for me

2 girls and 1 cup would be there
    Forum Member

Riiiight

If I'm honest no. But then again I see a lot of shocking stuff every day at work. A lot of serious self harming and suicide attempts. Maybe I'm hardened to it? :eek:
    Forum Member
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    In my halls, we made a realistic looking poo out of flour, milk, nesquick and a few more things. We put it in the shower and then told one of our other flat mates that one of his friends who were staying over did a poo in the shower, he got so embarrassed and upset... it was so funny :D

haha:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    Face of death, have seen the one where the guy was caught raping a girl, and had his dick chopped of, it wasnt really graphic, just the way it was doene.

His knob was stretched out on the slab, and chopped

I think that should be the punishment for men who rape women or other men or animals. I'm sure once they know that is what will happen to them they'll think twice.
    Forum Member
    I think that should be the punishment for men who rape women or other men or animals. I'm sure once they know that is what will happen to them they'll think twice.

what's the point when the conviction rate is something like 4% to start with? :(
    Forum Member
    what's the point when the conviction rate is something like 4% to start with? :(

Yeh i was just thinking that as i was typing it!! It's an effing joke isnt it. :cry:

How are you this evening Ja'mie? :) Did u see Rock Rivals? :D
    Forum Member
    Yeh i was just thinking that as i was typing it!! It's an effing joke isnt it. :cry:

How are you this evening Ja'mie? :) Did u see Rock Rivals? :D

not too bad, going to be having an early night as working at 8am tomorrow:(
    how bout you?

haven't been watching RR, did Tap Tap have a cameo on it or is that America's got talent I'm thinking of?:D
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe because the other 96% are innocent??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I was trying to think of the answer to this question but couldn't really come up with a good one, not for awhile. I kept thinking, "Maybe Budd Dwyer's suicide video was it," because it was heartbreaking to watch, knowing the circumstances behind it. But no, that wasn't it. (Also, I believe only one local news team actually aired the suicide live -- the other two cut away before he pulled the trigger as it was still early enough in the afternoon for children to be watching, and no national news media were present at the press conference.)

Then I thought -- there was this video of this hideously deformed young boy in a wheelchair who could do these weird dance moves. It was a short fictional movie, but it was pretty freaky. But then I thought -- no, it wasn't actually freaky enough to cause any mental stress or strain. It was freaky in an entertaining sense, and knowing the back story of this boy made me feel sympathetic toward the character.

Then I remembered all of the stories of serial killers I've read in the pitch black of night that led me to more than a few late night bouts of paranoia. I think Gary Ridgway (the Green River serial killer) has got to be the sickest of them all. The way he dispatched of some 40 victims overall and how familiar his area of attack is to me is... well, creepy and unsettling. I think that's a pretty good contender.

But then I remembered this story my mom told me of how one of her old work colleagues was kidnapped from their work's parking lot, only to be found days later in a nearby field barely clinging to life. She later died from her injuries and the man who was responsible for it was eventually executed by lethal injection. I happened across the official website for the death row where this guy was housed and saw there was a link to the case file. I clicked on it and read. The mental imagery -- can never get it out of my head. A few days ago I was driving my mom to a doctor's appointment, which happened to have been close to this very same workplace. My mom pointed out a place that still looked a little underdeveloped but had a couple of buildings on it, and said that was where they had found this woman's body, and how she was covered with ants when she was found. Now the case file details take on a new and more disturbing meaning and that has now become the "worst thing" I have ever "come across on the Internet".