Celebrities who look much older than they claim to be

1234568»

Comments

• TbellTbell Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    It might have something to do with his skin. He has acne scarring and maybe it ages him when not covered up properly? I dunno.

Possibly - or maybe it's SO covered with make up on screen that it accentuates his lines more.
    I'm not saying he's not good looking, btw, in case that's how it's coming across! He's not my cup of tea but I can see that he's attractive (i don't think being more mature makes people unfanciable anyway;))
    I just thought he looked older than he is.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree about Adele. Like her a lot though.
    I think Adele looks her age but she carries herself with a maturity and confidence that makes her seem older.
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If David Benson Phillips is 49, then so is Floella Benjamin! They both presented Playschool when I used to watch it as a kid in the early 80s.

Perhaps he's Sinitta's older brother :cool:

He presented Playdays, I don't think he did Playschool did he?
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Also Donna Air claims to be 34. Sorry, not buying that, surely closer to 40.

She's definitely 34 she went to school with some of my friends.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He presented Playdays, I don't think he did Playschool did he?

According to Wiki - "While working at Haven, a talent scout saw him perform, and he was invited by BBC Manchester to audition for Play School. His audition was successful, but the show was pulled out of production shortly after he signed the contract; however, it was recommissioned as Playbus (later renamed to Playdays), which ran for 9 years".
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    comic jason manford is 32 looks mid 40s

You are kidding me ! :o He definitely looks mid forties.

Russell Kane also reckons he's about 33 years old - yeah rite Russell, he's in his forties IMO.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wiki - "While working at Haven, a talent scout saw him perform, and he was invited by BBC Manchester to audition for Play School. His audition was successful, but the show was pulled out of production shortly after he signed the contract; however, it was recommissioned as Playbus (later renamed to Playdays), which ran for 9 years".

He fits into the not nice celebs thread, in the 90's he thought himself to be a huge star, tom cruise level, was dickish with it.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He fits into the not nice celebs thread, in the 90's he thought himself to be a huge star, tom cruise level, was dickish with it.

He was lovely to me when I met him, couldn't have been nicer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Adele looks her age but she carries herself with a maturity and confidence that makes her seem older.

Actually, this might be a fair assessment.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Regarding Sinitta, the tabloids in recent months have all been saying she's 50 and she even had a '50' reference on her Twitter account a while back. It appears that she'd previously been extracting five years from her real age!

Sinitta is Whogivesashit years old
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,164
    Forum Member
    jancee wrote: »
    Floella and Sinitta both look fabulous for their ages.

Sally from Corra never seems to age does she?

I would like to add that I believe Sid James was actually 53 years old for his entire adult life. :D Likewise, Des O'Connor and Anita Harris have yet to pass 45. #pictureintheattic

I used to see Anita regularly 20 years ago when she was a client in the company that I worked for. Not only was she one of the most naturally beautiful women that I have ever seen, she had a personality to match. Gorgeous lady!
  • ProvenceJaneProvenceJane Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread almost exclusively slams female celebrities rather than males.

Undoubtedly there are some stars who lie about their age. It would be nice if they made a stand about anti-ageism and embraced their real vintage. But as long as curtain twitchers make "oh God, she looks like she's had a hard life" remarks, I suppose the pressure will be on to seem more youthful.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,055
    Forum Member
    This thread almost exclusively slams female celebrities rather than males.

Undoubtedly there are some stars who lie about their age. It would be nice if they made a stand about anti-ageism and embraced their real vintage. But as long as curtain twitchers make "oh God, she looks like she's had a hard life" remarks, I suppose the pressure will be on to seem more youthful.

Bit of a random thread to bring back from the dead! Anyway it concentrates on women as it tends to be women on the whole who lie about their age.