[Game] X Factor - Live, Lights and Lies! (series 1) Show #1

JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
Forum Member
Even though a crazy barber attempted to kill me I am pleased to announce that nothing will keep me down! So, having said that welcome to the first live show in this series of Live, Lights and Lies! The game show like no other, tonight there will be lies, fights and possible a cliché or two but who cares? Right?

Last show: after a number of applications were received they were whittled down to our four judges, who were revealed last week, they then selected their 4 acts, but will they all have 4 come the end of the show? Fun times!

Tonight! our 16 acts will fight head to head where only 14 of them will survive! Yes, tonight it's a double elimination guys! However, if our judges do not agree with the result tonight they can use their Sacrifice which allows them to substitute their eliminated act with a surviving act if they so wish. Also, don't forget that at the end of the show there will be a voting reveal which allowing you to know who's the early favourite!

You excited yet? Well I know I am! Let's bring on our judges and their acts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kScfCVJagjw

Soppyfan and the Overs:
Suzie Furlonger
Daniel Pearce
Wagner Carhillio
Brad Shackleton

21stCenturyBoy and the Boys:
James Michael
Eddy String
Austin Drage
Jake Quickenden

EndOfSanity and the Groups:
Belle Amie
District 3
Mitsotu
Poisonous Twins

Pingu58011 and the Girls:
Stacey Soloman
Jade Ellis
Diana Vickers
Lucy Spraggan

Before we begin, are the judges here?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes!!!! :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Arrives from his limo*

I am so pumped up for this, it's gonna be a top night for us all! :D

The audience are gonna be in for a surprise with my Overs.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double elimination is probably a lie, calling it now.

Anyway, I'm here and my groups are ready to rock tonight! :D
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    The theme for this week was Live, Lights and Lies! How cool? for anyone who missed it here's a brief explanation
    Live,
    It's open to interpretation really but the core idea is that the song must be about 'feeling alive' or 'being spontaneous' the lyrics must relate this
    Lights,
    Well, for this the lyrics must be about an epiphany of sorts or clear thinking. it could be about someone deciding a relationship isn't right or that they're taking the wrong direction in life or fame - once again it's open to interpretation as long as it is run by me first.
    Lies
    This is the easiest one, plain and simple; the song must be about lies or a liar

With that in mind let's welcome our first act, courtesy of Pingu and his girls, it's the one and only

Lucy Spraggan - Everyone`s Waiting (Lights) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiFKGbH4NzE
    Note: She is thinking clearly about how her life has been the same all her life, and it`s all about her heart.
    Forum Member
    Lucy
    Lucy, my girl. What a way to open the show and the series. It was perfect for you, and your vocals were just amazing. Others may find you hard to mentor you, but I am finding it such fun to work with you. I have so many songs for you, and tonight was about showing off your vocals which you did great. I just hope the public agree with me and vote you through to next week!!!
    Forum Member
    Double elimination is probably a lie, calling it now.

Anyway, I'm here and my groups are ready to rock tonight! :D

Just wait and see! XD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Spraggan

Welcome to the live shows Lucy! I thought this was a pretty solid opening performance for tonight's show. Your mentor clearly picked a song somewhat suited to your voice, although I'm not one hundred percent sure on the style regarding this particular performance. I was still missing the so-called 'Spraggan Effect' a little bit, but this was more than enough for the first live show regardless of that. Well done to you and your mentor!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy Spraggan

Lucy, welcome to the competition and well done for opening the show. For your first performance, I liked the song you went for and the meaning behind it. But for me, you're more unique and different when you do an uptempo song with your guitar. So if you're here again, I hope you go uptempo, cause you could be something great. But that said, a good start to the show.
    Forum Member
    Jake's comment

Lucy- What a way to start the show! This suited you to the very last note, and I'm so glad you decided to perform something that showed your vocal talent, rather than your song-writing skills.
    I really, really enjoyed it- all credit to you and your mentor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Lucy Spraggan

Welcome to the live shows Lucy! I thought this was a pretty solid opening performance for tonight's show. Your mentor clearly picked a song somewhat suited to your voice, although I'm not one hundred percent sure on the style regarding this particular performance. I was still missing the so-called 'Spraggan Effect' a little bit, but this was more than enough for the first live show regardless of that. Well done to you and your mentor!

Stealing my phrases now :p lol

Best of luck guys
    Forum Member
    What an opening to the show! Who doesn't love the Spraggan! Obviously the judges do, a good response to a good performance!

Hoping to keep the momentum going it's time for the Boys and we go over to Jake! of course it's:

Eddy String- Children Of The Revolution (Lies)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpVqWS-cUKc
    Staging- Eddy rides a giant, plastic swan onto the stage during the guitar opening. He is dressed in Coldplay-esque vintage military gear, and is eyelinered to the max. As he sings, the LED screens will display Eddy's face, but mocked up to look similar to the iconic Che Guevara. During the final chorus, Eddy stand atop the judges desk and perform. He will have 20-30 backing dancers, all in similar retro military gear, marching on the spot throughout the course of the song.

Jake's Comment:

Eddy- This is the cult of Eddy String and I am it's first member! You were fantastic. Bore of Bowie, jack it in Jagger, you are a rock icon in the making! I wanted to show your performance skills in this first song, and I think they shine the most on a classic rock song. T-Rex are often overlooked when we consider great British bands, but there is no way that you'll be overlooked tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddy String

Well first of all Eddy, thank you for making a mess on our table and making me nearly lose my notes! :p Anyways, it's clear to see that from the word go, you are a rebel and I like that. It's a shame that your voice doesn't quite seem to match that personality. All in all, I wasn't particularly a fan of this song, but it's good to see your mentor trying to cover that by giving you so much staging, so credit to your mentor for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    Stealing my phrases now :p lol

Best of luck guys

Haha, I find the term to be a surprisingly accurate way to describe her particular style. :p
    Forum Member
    Eddy
    Eddy I forgot you from the show and had to research you, and I can honestly say that that was an amazing choice from your mentor. It suited you to a tea, and you really had fun in your military gear. I was really getting into that and was rocking out with you. Your vocals were great, and I hope to see you again!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddy String

Oh dear Eddy, I told your mentor that I was going to enjoy your stay in this competition if you were mentored properly. I have to be honest, I had high hopes for you, but I've been let down quite a bit today. Allow me to elaborate. The style was spot on, props to your mentor for that by the way, but the vocals weren't. In other words, the idea behind this was great, but the execution could've done with some fine-tuning. I think your mentor should have another listen to the song by The Strokes you sang if you get through this week. Good luck nonetheless.
    Forum Member
    Eddy seems like he could be starting a revolution going by the judges comments! I know I'd love to dance on that table, I'd be amazing!

Anyway, it's not about me it's about act number three, who's coming straight from the Groups! It's:

Belle Amie - Lies by The Pierces (Lies)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zahrOwZm_vA
    Again, could not be any clearer if I say so myself.
    All: a la lie, La la lie, La la lie

Geneva: I've got a real one for you
    I'm done with compromise
    Lies are wide and black and blue
    They hide inside those big brown eyes
    You've gotten dirty, angel
    Aren't you ready to come clean?
    I am looking down with sorrow
    You say that I'm being mean....

Rebecca: Don't you hear me when I say I'm lonely?
    Do I kid myself to think that I.. I.. I...
    Am your one and only?

All: I can't tell you how many times I've cried
    Over you, my baby..
    I've had one too many sleepless nights
    Over you, my baby..

Baby....

Geneva: Can't you see I'm wounded baby?
    Go ahead and put me down
    You keep saying that I'm crazy
    There's just rumours going round
    I am dying to believe you
    Tell me what should I do
    Who would want to play a fool
    And then find out that it was true?

Sophia: Don't you hear me when I say I'm lonely?
    Do I kid myself to think that I.. I.. I...
    Am your one and only?

Over you, my baby..
    Over you, my baby..

Baby....
    Baby...

All: Cross your heart and hope to die
    White or black it's still a lie
    Every city that you fly
    I sit home and wonder why
    While you're out there getting high
    One more night for me to cry
    Can you look me in the eye?
    Cross your heart and hope to die
    Hope to die (x4)

All, with Esther taking the lead: I can't tell you how many times I've cried
    Over you, my baby..
    Over you, my baby..

Over you, my baby..
    Over you, my baby.

Jake's comments:

Belle Amie- I admit that I'm not the greatest fan of your previous work, but this is a step in the right direction. Whilst I really enjoyed the sound, I think the song choice could have been improved. It felt a bit messy in the verses, and I'm not sure it's the kind of song I'd have gone for with you. Having said all of that, I think it was an adequate start.
    Forum Member
    Belle Amie
    Girls I loved you on x-factor and I liked that aswell, though it is very predictable as I have seen the pierces used countless times in X-factor games. Having said that though, I loved it, and you were sexy in the way you moved, and I loved the arrangement of where you all sang. Geneva definitely sang the most and rightly so as she is the lead and best singer. I think I will see you next week!!!
    Forum Member
    Please can we hurry as i have got to go in 10 minutes and I want to see the comments for Diana just before I go? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belle Amie

Girls, it's been a while since Battle Of The Seasons Series 1, but here you are. I have to give full props to your mentor for the song choice and the arrangement with your parts. It was something entirely different to what you have been given in the previous few games, one of which you won. I'm not sure if you have what it takes to win again but it's early days and I am very interested to see what you can do for the next show. Well done girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Belle Amie

Now THAT is how it's done everyone. That was a great performance from you girls. Great vocals, although Esther ans Sophia had to take a bit of a backseat on this one due to the song fitting Rebecca and Geneva better. Anyway, your harmonies were really pleasant as well, as was the whole feel of the performance. This performance actually reminded me a bit of your Judges' Houses performance, which is just a little added bonus I guess. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, so all there's left to say is VOTE for Belle Amie people!
    Forum Member
    We've got some real liars in the house tonight, seems like Belle Amie are one of them! Wow; didn't expect that! And the judges loved it!!!!

Now we're off to the Overs, Soppyfan's hoping that Daniel's going to shine with his lights performance - but will he?

Daniel Pearce - Brokenhearted (Lights)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jekHmNtLcig
    Note: The song tells about the man getting hurt through lies whilst in a relationship.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Belle Amie
    Girls I loved you on x-factor and I liked that aswell, though it is very predictable as I have seen the pierces used countless times in X-factor games. Having said that though, I loved it, and you were sexy in the way you moved, and I loved the arrangement of where you all sang. Geneva definitely sang the most and rightly so as she is the lead and best singer. I think I will see you next week!!!

I don't know what world you live in, but The Pierces are definitely not a predictable choice of artist in the one I live in... :confused:
    Forum Member
    Jake's comments

Daniel- Once again, I'm not sure whether or not this was the best song choice that could have been made for you. The retro sound that this song has is certainly the right direction for your voice, but I almost felt as if you were too good for the song. I'm looking forward to your mentor pushing you more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel Pearce

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this performance Daniel. Let me tell you why. When I first saw that Soppyfan had picked you, I was not sure what he was going to do with you, and automatically assumed that he was going to gown down the standard boring male singer route with you. I'm glad he didn't though, and I must admit that I'm a fan of this rock Daniel. Great job!
    Forum Member
    I don't know what world you live in, but The Pierces are definitely not a predictable choice of artist in the one I live in... :confused:

No I meant because I have seen them used a lot in games....I did love them though!!! :)

Daniel
    Daniel I thought that was on okay performance, but I don`t think it was up to the standard of the other acts that have been on tonight. It was an okay performance but also what happened with the rapping? I just tried to ignore it, and I wish you the best of luck tonight in the voting. Next week if you are still here I would like to see a bit more of a soul/RnB song!!!