Google Backup Question

AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Galaxy S3 has finally died and I'm going to be using my wife's old iphone 4 until I decide which new phone I want.

I do have a quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I've my contacts and photos uploaded to Google and Google +.

Can I use these 2 services with iOS or are they limited to Android and if I were to purchase say a Galaxy S4, would all of my settings, contacts, pictures etc automatically download back to my phone?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can export your contacts at Google.co.uk/contacts as a csv or vcard file. Then through iTunes or icloud you can import the file. There are plenty of tutorials online. Your Google+ pics won't sync to the gallery app on the iPhone though.
    If you get a s4 you just log into your Google account and contacts and photos will sync automatically.
  • stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when you are in the email settings on the iphone, you can choose what to sync from google, mail, CONTACTS, notes, and calander.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when you are in the email settings on the iphone, you can choose what to sync from google, mail, CONTACTS, notes, and calander.

Yep, you can.