TNA Wrestling (US Pace, Un-Tagged Spoilers)

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since most people can't be bothered to respect the Bravo thread, why not have one to openly discuss aspects of TNA that have not yet aired in the UK - live Impact's, PPV's e.t.c...

Comments

• wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    So this will be your first and only post in the thread lol.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's very true :)
    Forum Member
    Take care of yourself then Jason. Have a nice Christmas and New Year lol.
  • TheTapTheTap Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    So............that Jeff Hardy heel turn.....
    Forum Member
    Best thing in the history of pro wrestling. I'm gonna screenshot it and use it as my wallpaper.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixie Carter better not be the lead babyface in the angle, that'd be beyond horrid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and lol @ the people shouting 'this is wrestling' during RVD/Abyss.

Somehow I doubt Abyss will be in the Greco-Roman or modern freestyle categories at London 2012. :p
    Forum Member
    After Mr Anderson's promo i wonder if the word 'shit' will become a bit more regular in TNA programming. Asshole did and before he used that on PPV they did used to bleep it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they can be that keen on swearing, Hardcore Justice had what had to be the cleanest New Jack promo ever in it, and presumably they told him it had to be like that.

It's better used sparingly anyway; the old ECW had the f word in it so much it became meaningless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TNA have made the knockouts title more worthless tonight by doing a fingerpoke of doom style switch at the impact taping apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Flair is in 'they' as well. He's violently opposed to being a babyface, ain't he?
  • grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Since most people can't be bothered to respect the Bravo thread, why not have one to openly discuss aspects of TNA that have not yet aired in the UK - live Impact's, PPV's e.t.c...

I literally thought of this earlier today but didn't go through with the idea because I don't normally discuss spoilers.

Well played man.
    Forum Member
    Fans threw bottles at Jeff Hardy last night but were removed immediately.
    Forum Member
    Impact results for Thursday.

TNA Impact:

We open up impact with Hulk Hogan's theme song and Hogan's pyro. Eric Bischoff and Hogan (still on crutches) come out and there is a mixture of cheers and boos in the building. There are some loud "Hogan sucks" chant as Biscoff introduces Hogan. Hogan says, "Enough of the crap" and that it's time to take what is their's. Fans chant "Please retire." Hogan says that Dixie Carter lied to him and sold him a false bill of good when it came to TNA, so now "Hollywood" Hogan is taking over TNA. Bischoff introduces the first member of Team Hogan, Abyss. Abyss hugs them and screams, "They're here!" Hogan calls Abyss his son. Bischoff them introduces Jeff Jarrett, who said that at first, he didn't see eye to eye with them but then realized they are on the same page. Bischoff cut a promo on Dixie, saying Dixie took Jeff's company from him, but Fourtune's music played and out came Ric Flair and Fourtune.

Flair said that Fortune runs TNA, not anyone else. Flair says that tonight, either he or Hogan have to leave TNA forever and they face off, then hug. Bischoff asked if anyone thought that 25 years ago, Flair and Hogan would be on the same team ever. Bischoff then introduced TNA champion Jeff Hardy, who comes out. Everyone in the ring claps for Hardy while the crowd is split. There is a loud "You sold out" chant. Hardy said he didn't sell out, he sold in. Hardy said that he doesn't care about his fans and reveals he was the one who was behind the Abyss attack on Rob Van Dam.

They cut to Sting and Kevin Nash watching backstage. Bischoff asks them to come to the ring and let bygones be bygones. Nash and Sting come out. Bischoff asks them to join the crew but Kevin says, "Thanks but no thanks." He cut a promo saying he is sticking with the TNA family and is "passing on the money this time." Sting says that he loves TNA and history won't be repeating itself, and turns them down as well. Bischoff says the offer stands when they change their mind.

*Madison Rayne cuts a promo and says that Tara beat her at Bound for Glory and that wasn't supposed to happen. Tara comes out and Rayne tells her that she is the only reason that Tara is back in TNA and Tara needs to do the right thing. Tara lays down and lets Rayne pin her. Madison begins celebrating but Mickie James comes out and says that she came to TNA to make history, so why not let it be tonight. Madison shoved Tara into her and ran off.

*Kurt Angle came out to no music to make a statement. There's a big "please don't go" chant from the crowd. Angle says he re-injured his ribs and his neck last night but before he announces his retirement, he wants answers. Out comes Jeff Jarrett, who tells him that Angle said he would retire if he didn't win the title. Angle says that he was the one who out TNA on the map, that his loss at the PPV was the final nail in TNA's coffin and Jarrett can have his ex-wife, but Angle is getting a piece of Jeff. Angle throws the mic down and goes for Jarrett but the two security guards take Angle down and handcuff him. Jarrett begins beating down. Taz finally takes of his headset and comes down, telling Jarrett to back off. Jarrett finally does and we don't have any official announcement of Angle retiring. Good segment.

*Samoa Joe defeated Abyss by DQ when Abyss attacked Joe with the ring bell, busting him open. Before Abyss could do any more damage, Rob Van Dam hit the ring and cut a promo calling out Hardy. Hardy appeared on the screen, talking about friendship. Bischoff comes out and says the main event tonight will be RVD vs. Mr. Anderson with the winner getting a shot at Hardy. RVD immediately accepts.

*Fortune defeated Pope Dinero in a four on one handicap match after Beer Money hit DWI on Pope, then beat him down after the match. Pope got in a good amount of offense.

*The Shore comes out and cuts a promo on The Jersey Show. JWoww comes out with The Beautiful People. Cookie makes fun of JWow, leading to a catfight between the two. Cookie ends up carried to the back by Robbie E.

*Ken Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam goes to a no contest after Eric Bischoff pulls the referee out of the ring. Jeff Hardy shows up and uses a chair on both of them. Some fans threw plastic bottles at Hardy but Universal security removed them immediately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Lets just post the spoilers up shall we:
    TNA Impact:
    * We open up impact with Hulk Hogan's theme song and Hogan's pyro. Eric Bischoff and Hogan (still on crutches) come out and there is a mixture of cheers and boos in the building. There are some loud "Hogan sucks" chant as Biscoff introduces Hogan. Hogan says, "Enough of the crap" and that it's time to take what is their's. Fans chant "Please retire." Hogan says that Dixie Carter lied to him and sold him a false bill of good when it came to TNA, so now "Hollywood" Hogan is taking over TNA. Bischoff introduces the first member of Team Hogan, Abyss. Abyss hugs them and screams, "They're here!" Hogan calls Abyss his son. Bischoff them introduces Jeff Jarrett, who said that at first, he didn't see eye to eye with them but then realized they are on the same page. Bischoff cut a promo on Dixie, saying Dixie took Jeff's company from him, but Fourtune's music played and out came Ric Flair and Fourtune.

* Flair said that Fortune runs TNA, not anyone else. Flair says that tonight, either he or Hogan have to leave TNA forever and they face off, then hug. Bischoff asked if anyone thought that 25 years ago, Flair and Hogan would be on the same team ever. Bischoff then introduced TNA champion Jeff Hardy, who comes out. Everyone in the ring claps for Hardy while the crowd is split. There is a loud "You sold out" chant. Hardy said he didn't sell out, he sold in. Hardy said that he doesn't care about his fans and reveals he was the one who was behind the Abyss attack on Rob Van Dam.

* They cut to Sting and Kevin Nash watching backstage. Bischoff asks them to come to the ring and let bygones be bygones. Nash and Sting come out. Bischoff asks them to join the crew but Kevin says, "Thanks but no thanks." He cut a promo saying he is sticking with the TNA family and is "passing on the money this time." Sting says that he loves TNA and history won't be repeating itself, and turns them down as well. Bischoff says the offer stands when they change their mind.

* Madison Rayne cuts a promo and says that Tara beat her at Bound for Glory and that wasn't supposed to happen. Tara comes out and Rayne tells her that she is the only reason that Tara is back in TNA and Tara needs to do the right thing. Tara lays down and lets Rayne pin her. Madison begins celebrating but Mickie James comes out and says that she came to TNA to make history, so why not let it be tonight. Madison shoved Tara into her and ran off.

* Kurt Angle came out to no music to make a statement. There's a big "please don't go" chant from the crowd. Angle says he re-injured his ribs and his neck last night but before he announces his retirement, he wants answers. Out comes Jeff Jarrett, who tells him that Angle said he would retire if he didn't win the title. Angle says that he was the one who out TNA on the map, that his loss at the PPV was the final nail in TNA's coffin and Jarrett can have his ex-wife, but Angle is getting a piece of Jeff. Angle throws the mic down and goes for Jarrett but the two security guards take Angle down and handcuff him. Jarrett begins beating down. Taz finally takes of his headset and comes down, telling Jarrett to back off. Jarrett finally does and we don't have any official announcement of Angle retiring. Good segment.

* Samoa Joe defeated Abyss by DQ when Abyss attacked Joe with the ring bell, busting him open. Before Abyss could do any more damage, Rob Van Dam hit the ring and cut a promo calling out Hardy. Hardy appeared on the screen, talking about friendship. Bischoff comes out and says the main event tonight will be RVD vs. Mr. Anderson with the winner getting a shot at Hardy. RVD immediately accepts.

* Fortune defeated Pope Dinero in a four on one handicap match after Beer Money hit DWI on Pope, then beat him down after the match. Pope got in a good amount of offense.

* The Shore comes out and cuts a promo on The Jersey Show. JWoww comes out with The Beautiful People. Cookie makes fun of JWow, leading to a catfight between the two. Cookie ends up carried to the back by Robbie E.

* Ken Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam goes to a no contest after Eric Bischoff pulls the referee out of the ring. Jeff Hardy shows up and uses a chair on both of them. Some fans threw plastic bottles at Hardy but Universal security removed them immediately.

I get the impression that Fortune won't be IN they, but they will have free reign to do whatever they feel like within the company (such as the 4 on 1 match). Two heel groups is too much IMHO, it'll wind up having the 'nwo-B' team vibe that existed when the Stevie Ray led black and white nWo ran alongside the red and black wolfpack after the finger poke of doom...

The womens finger poke of doom / non match is fine by me. The reason the finger poke of doom failed was because itw as the main story and advertised as a massive thing. They promised change, and didnt deliver. This is just Madison exerting her power over Tara, and tara putting up with it... for now. Reminds me of when HHH/HBK had that 'non match' for the european title in 1997...
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Another mega heel group and something like a one finger title change? Anyone would think this was written by former WCW guys....oh I see.

Free Wrestling Observer Radio talking Raw and Impact taping results

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/17902/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiot babyfaces outsmarted by cool heels shocker!

Amount of money drawn= zero.

:p
    Forum Member
    JCR your just an armchair fan. Millions like you all over the world with an opinion just as big as yours. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd be employed somewhere to make a difference. Just keep being a good fan, keep tuning into the shows, keep supporting the company, keep coming here and boosting the views of the TNA threads. Your doing a good job so far as a TNA fan. When it comes to the opinions side of things, leave it to the professionals. :p

Next weeks results:

TNA Impact:

*Mr Anderson, wearing his arm in a sling, comes out and demands to talk to Jeff Hardy. Instead, Rob Van Dam comes out and says that he wants Hardy too, so Anderson needs to get a spot in line. Hardy appears on the screen and asks both of them "for forgiveness." Eric Bischoff comes out on the ramp and cuts a promo on Anderson, apologizing to him for not pushing Anderson hard enough. He tells Anderson that if he can defeat Kaz in an Ultimate X match, he will get the title shot at Hardy at Turning Point. Bischoff then tells RVD he didn't forget about him and tonight it's Van Dam and Sabu vs. Beer Money. Bischoff then warns Van Dam to watch his back, "...and maybe your friends."

*Robbie E. pinned The Amazing Red and cut a promo demanding an X-Division title shot. There was a loud "boring" chant for the promo.

*Backstage, Fourtune cut a promo about their matches tonight and Ric Flair gets iced again.

*TNA TV champion AJ Styles pinned Pope Dinero in a Street Fight where Styles would lose the bout if Fourtune interfered. The fight starts on the stage as Styles gets rammed in the steel thing on the corner of the stage, then they make their way down to the ringside area. Pope is in control until a Styles low blow. Abyss finally appears and hits a Black Hole Slam on Pope and Styles scored the pin. Fourtune and Eric Bischoff come out to applaud Abyss and thank him.

*Rob Van Dam enters the EV2.0 locker room and demands to know what Bischoff was talking about and who's been bought off. He assumes Raven and attacks him but the others pull him off.

*Jeff Jarrett comes out for a promo. The crowd is on him and chanting "You sold out." Jarrett says he came out to publicly apologize for his actions against Kurt Angle last week and he regrets not being Angle down worse. Jarrett said he is the true king of the ring, not Kurt Angle and he's the one who gave Angle a job in TNA when no one wanted him. Jarrett said he's now stripped Angle of his price and his career. Samoa Joe came out and he wanted to attack Jarrett ut the security guards cut off Joe and handcuffed him. Jarrett beat down Joe and tossed him off the stage towards the backstage area. Mike Tenay started yelling at Jarrett.

*Beer Money defeated Sabu and Rob Van Dam when Sabu accidentally nailed him with a chair by accident and Robert Roode pinned him. Sabu tried to explain what happened but Van Dam didn't want to hear it and nailed Sabu. They began fighting but EV2.0 ran out and separated them.

*Mickie James pinned Sarita. Tara attacked Mickie and laid her out with the Widow's Peak.

*Kaz defeated Mr. Anderson in an Ultimate X match. Before the main event, Anderson is warming up backstage and has his shoulder heavily taped. As he is walking to the ring, Fourtune attacks him and beats him down before carrying him to the stage and tossing him down. Kaz climbs up to get the X but before he can get there, Anderson stops him. Anderson tries to climb the ropes but can't as he's too hurt. He tries to get a ladder but Fourtune rushes the ring and beat down Anderson. Matt Morgan powerbombs him and Kaz gets on his shoulders to grab the X. Anderson grabs a steel pipe to run off Fourtune but Jeff Hardy attacks him from behind with a steel chair and lays out Anderson. He places Anderson's arm within the ladder and beat it with the chair.
  • Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it makes perfect sense to have this thread,in which one doesn't have to put anything in spoiler tags.TNA Impact and TNA ppv's are completely different animals as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway,I think it was generally a pretty good night wrestling wise,aside from the Ink Inc v Orlando/EY matchup.Yes,EY can be amusing and bizarre,but TNA have taken this joke way too far.FFS,somebody knock him on the other side of his head and let's see this guy actually wrestle again.Hopefully,3D will indeed get their shot against MMG and go out on top,if they really are serious about retiring.

Conversely,I don't believe for a minute that Angle is finished,and I never believed Abyss was either.The "they" revelation was certainly a surprise,but I really can't see how it's going to make things any more interesting.If anything,having so many factions will just water down the trademark of TNA.If it is just going to be nWo.2,things will degenerate into farce in no time,if they haven't already.I will continue to watch to see where things go,but right now the only way it can go is up.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    A good impact. No doubt the usual suspects will moan at the lack of wrestling even though they made up for that with a lot of explanation for the "they" storyline. When you have a big reveal like that and heel turns you need a promo heavy show to know why and we got the answers needed.

I thought heel Hardy was better than expected, he seemed more comfortable in that role than I thought.
    Forum Member
    The version had the full main event in it so Bravo viewers shouldn't miss out on anything on Saturday. Eric Bischoff had a lot of good segments in the show. I didn't understand Dixie Carter calling Eric a smug shit but 10 minutes later when Jwoww says someone was talking shit it got bleeped? If they can have the word shit in the program now at least let us hear it unless they are only allowed to say it 1 time per broadcast. I don't know how far you can go on a TV14 rating when it comes to language.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    There was a lot of bleeping last night but Dixie's smug shit comment did slip through. I agree on the backstage segments with Bischoff, TNA is far better at producing those segments than WWE.
    Forum Member
    Maybe that is why they let it through because it wasn't loud or aggressive and you had to really listen to hear it. Then again when Jwoww said it she wasn't really being aggressive either. Tazz shouting the F word at Jeff Jarrett was also good and i winced when i saw Kurts neck hit the stage. I don't know how he did that without hurting himself. Just the sound it made was horrible.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BEST IMPACT EVER

who needs wrestling!!!!!!!!!

this is what so many dave meltzer russo hating wannabes dont understand, wrasslin doesnt get ratings sports entertainment does!
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Quarter Hour ratings

Impact opened at 1.5 and closed at 1.2.

That means that of the 2.1 million people who tuned in at 9 PM, over a half million of them gave up on the show at some point.

Reaction did 900,000 viewers this week, 1 million viewers less than the average for Impact over two hours. (And that is the show where you are going to explain everything?)

Maybe the decline in ratings was due to the promo overkill?