Fifa 13 career questions...help

FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK so I just brought Fifa 13 but I haven't played it since 2008 and its changed...a lot. So guess I'm kinda a newbie. Anyhows I went straight into career mode and boy...lists of menu's and confusing things.

Now I picked player and from this option can i buy and sell players from this mode or do I have no control and only way to buy and sell is manager mode? If I can buy and sell from player mode how do I do it? I'm clueless ATM and have no idea where to turn so I need some help please guys. Can't seem to figure how how to buy or sell from player mode and if indeed I can.

If its only in manager mode.....can you actually play games in manager mode?

And lastly in player career mode you can play as the whole team and not just your player...how do I select this option.

Comments

• ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly to play as the whole team choose Manager at the start, Player Manager is for your VP career although it does give you an option to control the whole team in the pre-match screen.

To sell a player you need to transfer list him (in the Manager Office I think) - you will then start getting messages saying there has been an offer for the player and you can go in and accept/refuse or stall on the offer, signing a player is pretty much the same, search the market/or by player name - make a bid and sit back and wait for a message to see how your bid went down.

I haven't played Fifa13 CM for a few months so I might have missed out a few steps.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Just remember the bug were all your seasons progress will be lost forever.
  • FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly to play as the whole team choose Manager at the start, Player Manager is for your VP career although it does give you an option to control the whole team in the pre-match screen.

To sell a player you need to transfer list him (in the Manager Office I think) - you will then start getting messages saying there has been an offer for the player and you can go in and accept/refuse or stall on the offer, signing a player is pretty much the same, search the market/or by player name - make a bid and sit back and wait for a message to see how your bid went down.

I haven't played Fifa13 CM for a few months so I might have missed out a few steps.

Thanks for your help. VP?

And what is this bug?
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    VP is your pro, that's in Pl\yer career. You control one players destiny, so to speak. The better you play with that player the better he'll get, stat wise. You have the option of just controlling him, or the whole team, but whichever you choose, its all about the one player. That option is on the last screen before you play the match, I think theres about 5 options on the list - control your pro, control the team, probably settings, maybe team management, and commentary options.

In manager career, you control the teams destiny. Pick, your league, your team and so on. You can simulate the matches or play them yourself. That option is shown on game day when you click play match, then it will give you the two options. You can only buy and sell players in this mode, in transfer windows (July, August & January), go to transfers in the list of menus and its self explanatory from there.

So, to summarize:
    Now I picked player and from this option can i buy and sell players from this mode or do I have no control and only way to buy and sell is manager mode?
    Only buy and sell in Manager Mode
    If I can buy and sell from player mode how do I do it?
    You can't
    Can't seem to figure how how to buy or sell from player mode and if indeed I can.
    You can't.
    If its only in manager mode.....can you actually play games in manager mode?
    Yes
    And lastly in player career mode you can play as the whole team and not just your player...how do I select this option.
    You can play as the whole team. Just select that option on the screen before you start the match.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    FCUK wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. VP?

And what is this bug?

there was a bug and I don't think its been fixed but doesn't affect everyone.

During career mode you will save your game and everythings fine but come to load it and bang it wont load and sometimes freezes your ps3 so you have to hard reset it.

This is the reason I sold my copy early this year as I was about 6 seasons in player/manager mode and all that hardwork went down the pan.
  • FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys...been great help!