James Arthur pulls out of V Fest due to a 'throat infection'

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a507573/james-arthur-pulls-out-of-v-festival-2013.html

I don't know if I'm just being cynical here but I imagine this is total bullshit. I think that his label probably thought he'd have a single out by now, and for whatever reason, it's been delayed, and subsequently they've forced him to pull out of this gig.

I know that Little Mix debuted 'Wings' at T4 on the Beach last year, but I don't think they'd let James Arthur debut his single at a performance that probably won't be televised. They'll wait for him to debut it on X Factor, following a Vevo release and whatever.

Am I just being too cynical here? Do you think he genuinely has an illness?

Comments

• C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a507573/james-arthur-pulls-out-of-v-festival-2013.html

I don't know if I'm just being cynical here but I imagine this is total bullshit. I think that his label probably thought he'd have a single out by now, and for whatever reason, it's been delayed, and subsequently they've forced him to pull out of this gig.

I know that Little Mix debuted 'Wings' at T4 on the Beach last year, but I don't think they'd let James Arthur debut his single at a performance that probably won't be televised. They'll wait for him to debut it on X Factor, following a Vevo release and whatever.

Am I just being too cynical here? Do you think he genuinely has an illness?

He has already performed the single at gigs, hasn't he? :confused:
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just sh1t.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His set was probably sounding like crap so they didn't want to risk a negative reaction.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His set was probably sounding like crap so they didn't want to risk a negative reaction.

The last live performance of the single got a very positive reaction, even from some non fans.;)
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant help but laugh at the quotation marks on the title... any way we can take those off, OP? :eek: :p
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should've given it a go anyway, just so I could comment 'He sounds no different...'. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    he doesn't want people to throw bottles of piss at him thats why
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he's performed the song already? I wasn't aware of this.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw him at two Festivals this year.
    He was awful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I saw him at two Festivals this year.
    He was awful!

Well I have to disagree! I saw him at Cornbury in early July, where he performed some of his new songs and he was excellent. Most of the crowd ( and there were a lot came to watch him) seemed to enjoy his set. I was never a big fan but I thought he was great, as did most people I have spoken to since.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was good when I saw him live too.