Lg G2

dazpotdazpot Posts: 447
Forum Member
I've just got a LG G2 as a present and I'm totally impressed. I was just wondering who else has one and what they think. I did have a nexus 5 for about a week but it kept re booting and the battery was terrible.

The G2 may not have andriod 4.4 but the hardware is amazing especially the camera and the battery.

All comments welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will let you know when my one turns up tues/weds.
    Getting great reviews for camera and battery life.
    Shame no sd card slot but i went for the 32gb version so that will be enough for me.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxeVictim wrote: »
    Will let you know when my one turns up tues/weds.
    Getting great reviews for camera and battery life.
    Shame no sd card slot but i went for the 32gb version so that will be enough for me.

Huh:eek:
    How did you get the 32gb version? Did you buy it outright because none of mobile providers are selling 32gb G2's. Only selling 16gb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    Huh:eek:
    How did you get the 32gb version? Did you buy it outright because none of mobile providers are selling 32gb G2's. Only selling 16gb.

I got it from digivire on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121211650704&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    ohhhh

is that seller safe?

Yep feedbacks good plus others on another forum already have theirs.
    They are shipped via Malta to London.Only problem might be warranty as you have to send it back to them but to be honest ive never had to send a phone off for warranty repair yet.
    They also have a a website.

https://www.digivire.com/en/
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wish they did a 64gb version as I really like this phone. :(
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wish they did a 64gb version as I really like this phone. :(

I concur

the 16gb is really putting me off getting. way too small for a phone thats going to be on a 2 year contract...

if they were doing 32gb models i would have gotten it
  • dazpotdazpot Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    After a week with my LG I totally love it, it has loads of great features and it's really fast. The battery lasts longer than my s3

Well done lg
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazpot wrote: »
    After a week with my LG I totally love it, it has loads of great features and it's really fast. The battery lasts longer than my s3

Well done lg

16gb though?
  • dazpotdazpot Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    32 gb from ebay
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump do you guys think 16gb is too small?
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    bump do you guys think 16gb is too small?

Really does depend what you want it for so it's personal choice. I've had the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and I've had the 5 since launch day in 2012 and all have only ever been the 16Gb model. I've never filled it or found myself wanting for space. Yes, I could fill it with thousands and thousands of songs, but when are you really going to listen to that many? I don't mean all at once, but you'll have songs on there that you didn't even know you had with that many. I have a couple of hundred on my iPhone 5 and I'm sure I haven't listened to some of them in close to a year.

Apps? The same applies. I know people with 32Gb and 64Gb versions of iPhones and they have pages and pages each with full folders of apps. They have apps in there that they haven't used since they downloaded it onto their iPhone 4!

As I say, it's big enough if you think it's big enough for your needs. What are you going to want to use the storage space for?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    rumour is CPW are selling 16gb model today for £330 in store
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davybhoy wrote: »
    Really does depend what you want it for so it's personal choice. I've had the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and I've had the 5 since launch day in 2012 and all have only ever been the 16Gb model. I've never filled it or found myself wanting for space. Yes, I could fill it with thousands and thousands of songs, but when are you really going to listen to that many? I don't mean all at once, but you'll have songs on there that you didn't even know you had with that many. I have a couple of hundred on my iPhone 5 and I'm sure I haven't listened to some of them in close to a year.

Apps? The same applies. I know people with 32Gb and 64Gb versions of iPhones and they have pages and pages each with full folders of apps. They have apps in there that they haven't used since they downloaded it onto their iPhone 4!

As I say, it's big enough if you think it's big enough for your needs. What are you going to want to use the storage space for?

Don't you put music on your phone or anything lol?
    If i get the G2 i won't be putting music on my phone....just applications etc.....
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    davybhoy wrote: »

At last someone on here's said it.:eek::D

I thought I was the only one who couldn't see the point of putting thousands and thousands of music tracks on a device just because you can. I wouldn't mind betting that there's millions of us walking around with tons of content on our phones that we never watch or listen to. Same with apps.

Mind you. I'm guilty of paying for memory capacity on the basis of 'just in case'. I'm waiting for a 32Gb Nexus 5 to be delivered when I still have 12Gb free on the N4 that it's replacing.:o In my defence I do put my music and podcasts on an iPod Touch and that might change in the future...
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    dangetti wrote: »
    rumour is CPW are selling 16gb model today for £330 in store

Oh, that's cheap.

I did look at the LG G2; it's got a fantastic-looking screen but I didn't like the switch thingy on the back and couldn't justify the extra cost over a Nexus 5 to myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazpot wrote: »

Well done lg

How long is your battery lasting for? Mine is about 7 hours with a fair bit of use
  • FraserGJFraserGJ Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a 32Gb LG G2 from Hong Kong.

Amazing phone, battery life is tremendous. Had battery life estimates as high as 97 hours at one point with the default software - obviously they would drop a bit if I was using it.

I've installed Cyanogenmod on mine now which is better for battery. Ran it for 36 hours on battery last weekend and it was only at 49% (at the end of the weekend)

Right now it has just fallen from 90% to 89% after 7 hours on battery (according to settings). That's with a few texts, bbc news alerts and some emails coming in. I also surfed the net for 5 mins or so while on lunch. :cool: