Should Rory have confronted 11 ?

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He was the sensible one of the three. Back in his second episode VOV he told him he had done research after TEH. Smart man to try and figure out what the tardis was all about before traveling in it. He also said in the same episode the doctor puts people in danger because they want to impress him. Another good observation.In AC he told the doctor off for wanting to play the hero. "This is so you isn't it only one man who can save us?". Paraphrasing but you get the point.
He loved them dearly but was he a good freind or son in law?. Flashy gestures new house,wedding anniversary trips do not make up for sadness and broken promises. Like returning their daughter. He never knew how devastating the consequences of demons run were. Imagine if Rory had lost it :mad: and shouted "My wife is infertile,my daughter is in prison and it's all your fault!". :eek: He took nearly 3 years to tell them he was still alive. If River hadn't allready told them they would have grieved for a long time. Why did he go back to Ledworth ?. Oh yes because a bossy housewife and mum from the 1940s told him too. Back in TGWW Rory was horrified by what happened to the older version of Amy. He told the doctor he didn't want to turn into him or travel with him anymore. Did he just forget that ?.He told Amy it was wrong for her to be trapped in two streams for a day an hour let alone a lifetime. Yet he didn't seem concerened about his precious only child spending years faulsely imprisoned in stormcage. Wonder if we will ever see Clara call 11 out if or when he is going to make a big mistake ?. He does need someone to stop him sometimes.Not easy or safe being freinds with the doctor.

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    He confronted Eleven enough times when needed.

Clara probably will too when needed.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    One of Rory's most defining characteristics, one you get past the fumbling uncertainty, was his willingness to stand up to the Doctor. He was astute and clever, and once he'd made up his mind, he stood firm and spoke it.
    He told Amy it was wrong for her to be trapped in two streams for a day an hour let alone a lifetime. Yet he didn't seem concerened about his precious only child spending years faulsely imprisoned in stormcage.
    Because it was her choice - the decision she took, as an adult, in order to protect her 'husband'. Besides which, he knew that she could get out any time she liked (and frequently did) and also that she would eventually get pardoned and become a professor. That's not too bad for a problem child like her.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory did stand up to the doctor and he did tell him off at times but I wish he had done it more. Rory was definitely my favorite character in Matts era of the show but he seemed to be always a sideline character most of the time.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    How much more could Rory stand up to the Doctor?