Who should Peter In EastEnders have a romance with?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
Forum Member
Lorraine Newman hinted in the interview that a recasted Peter Beale finally comes back.

I'm glad that they are expanding the Beales!

Who would you like to see him have a romance with?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recasted? Not the old Peter? :( he was fit. And to answer your question me.

I was thinking he might take Lucy seeing as he has already been with Whitney and Lauren but I then realised that's his sister. I have been watching too many soaps.
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy, Lauren.........gee, I don't really know. Just glad he's coming back.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    How about he doesn't have a romance with anybody and they do something more original with a young character?

I don't particularly think he'll be on his way back any time soon, anyway. Lorraine Newman said she wanted to 'expand the Beales' - that just sounds to me like the kind of nothing phrase you'd throw out when you don't really have a satisfactory answer for something.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    Yes the expansion of the Beales can be done in a gajillion different ways. Bringing Peter back is not necessary at this stage. What Ian needs is adults to have scenes with, not teenagers and certainly not adults who behaved like teenagers (mandy)
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Yes the expansion of the Beales can be done in a gajillion different ways. Bringing Peter back is not necessary at this stage. What Ian needs is adults to have scenes with, not teenagers and certainly not adults who behaved like teenagers (mandy)

Though she definitely matured nearer the end of her stint (before the character regression once her exit was announced:mad:
    Forum Member
    I think she dragged Ian down. He doesn't need another wife who is only with him for his huge assets. He needs someome who will look after him and will give him a big cuddle. Ian does weasely things so you need to have someone in contrast to him. Mandy and Ian didn't work because neither of them were able to take the higher ground in the relationship.

Ian needs to spend more time with Denise.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noone, I rather see Peter get a SL that doesnt involve romance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »

I was thinking he might take Lucy seeing as he has already been with Whitney and Lauren but I then realised that's his sister. I have been watching too many soaps.

god the old peter was beautiful :o bet the recast is rougher looking
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    How about he doesn't have a romance with anybody and they do something more original with a young character?

I don't particularly think he'll be on his way back any time soon, anyway. Lorraine Newman said she wanted to 'expand the Beales' - that just sounds to me like the kind of nothing phrase you'd throw out when you don't really have a satisfactory answer for something.

I, too, am at a loss as to how people have interpreted those words to mean Peter Beale is coming back! If that was the case then 'expand' (which implies adding something new/different over and above that which already exists) is the wrong word to use - 'restore' would have been more accurate in this instance if they wanted to hint at a returning character who'd been MIA for so long.

That's not to say they shouldn't address Peter's absence at some point - purely because it's just nonsense to have someone's child disappear without any realistic explanation! If my 18 year old left home and made no effort to return home for so long (what is it now - two years?) I'd have something to say about it and so would my friends and family, but in EE no one even mentions how incongruous it is!

But let's face it, 'Peter' has just fallen into the Bermuda Triangle that is the place that unwanted teenage characters go in shows like EE. It's such awful, unrealistic character development like that which has always prevented me investing any of myself in soaps, but if you view them with a clinical, academic detachment the inconsistencies and lack of realism is a bit more bearable!
  • CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

he was too fit to be ian beales kids,infact all the beale kids are :D
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. A bit like with Lucy, why would they want to re-cast Peter too?! While Melissa Suffield supposedly misbehaved in the eyes of Kirkwood (which opened the door for her character to then be re-cast), I'm wondering that if there is any truth in this proposal of a Peter Beale re-cast, then is it down to Thomas Law not being interested in a return to his old role himself? If that's not the case then why would they want to re-cast him? We don't really want another personality transplant re-cast, who also suddenly looks about five years older - a la Ben!), as it makes the character look silly!
    Forum Member
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    he was too fit to be ian beales kids,infact all the beale kids are :D

I don't think Adam is bad looking actually, not when he was younger anyway. I think the fact his character is a weasel you get put off. There's something very wholesome about Adam.
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Peter will be back any time soon. There's simply too many young characters there at the moment; with Dexter arriving there will be yet another male in Peter's age range which kind of means Peter isn't needed

It's shame; the eldest son of the shows only surviving original character (until a few months) should really be front and centre of the show at 18/19. As a character we've watched on-screen since he was born this is a point in his life we really should be seeing a lot of what defines you as a person happens during these years but they've all but forgotten about Peter. Lucy's mentioned him once since she got back even then it was just a quick shrug "We fell out" and there's been nothing since, we've had no word on how he's doing, if he's got a girlfriend, a job, friends, where he's living exct... It's simply ridiculous. From what I can tell he hasn't seen Ian or Bobby since Christmas Eve 2010; I know 17 years olds want their inependance but I really struggle to believe my parents would be happy with me not coming home for two years at that age. They got a bit iffy if I was away for two months without a visit; you simply aren't grown up enough or responsible enough to take good care of yourself at that age. It damages Peter as a character as it seems he doesn't care for his father or little brother and it damages Ian as a character as it seems he isn't bothered one bit about seeing his son

Peter wasn't even informed his dad had a mental breakdown and was walking the streets for god sake. Surely Lucy could've put aside their "falling out" in that case; it's like they've forgotten he exits. Lauren, Whitney, Jay, Tamwar, Fatboy, Abi were all on friendly terms with Peter yet none of them have asked how he is

Reading up on a bit of Corrie history this all seems very similar to what happened to the character of Peter Barlow, Ken's son. Peter Barlow wasn't seen between the ages of 18 and 35 before he eventually returned. Who's to say that won't be the case with Peter Beale? They're certainly in no rush to bring him back that's for sure which is a shame as I'd rather have Peter over the likes of Tyler, Tam, Joey and Fatboy
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would actually be interesting to see Peter return a married man. Would be different, that's for sure. With all those single young characters, barely any with any kind of stability, it would be good to have a character who is older then his years, mature and trying to make something of his life. Perhaps might make the likes of Lucy and Lauren grow up a little!

And I wouldn't want any cheating or anything, just a nice, honest marriage between two people who love each other.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This aha! Phroawww!