Nicki Minaj - Pop or Hip-Hop?

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Inspired by the on-going debate in the other Nicki thread, and a previous poll:
What do you prefer - Nicki Minaj's pop music or hip-hop music?

:)

What do you prefer Nicki doing? 64 votes

Pop
70%
scooby1970Simon1984[Deleted User][Deleted User]Lisa.BDizagaoxRedRoseRebelthats_racist[Deleted User][Deleted User]SuperAPJPandakoo[Deleted User]kryskryskimotaggav016[Deleted User]mialiciousJohnnyForgetMrMarple 45 votes
Hip-Hop
29%
Master OzzymooneusServalan[Deleted User]Eric_Blobchuck_wippl[Deleted User]4troy7[Deleted User][Deleted User]troy4783[Deleted User]GlassBalloonMozza111[Deleted User]JustArun[Deleted User]justjBarry_Clarke 19 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop
    At the moment I prefer Nicki's pop songs but only because her latest urban songs have been shit. However, I prefer her songs like Moment 4 Life or Girls Fall Like Dominoes.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Pop
    When she makes Moment 4 Life, Super Bass and Girls Fall Like Dominoes type off songs instead of HOV Lane and Beez In Da Trap (However I do love Roman Holiday), I prefer Hip Hop, but right now i prefer pop
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop
    Pop, but I like songs like Moment 4 Life, Superbass, Girls Fall Like Dominioes and Dear Old Nicki.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop
    Superbass is a pop song guys. There is really no difference between that and something Kesha would make.are we gonna call her music hip hop too? I think not.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop
    I agree, Super Bass is definitely pop.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Bass is pop for sure, what would you call a song like Did it On Em?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop

that's a rap song.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop

Hip-hop.

Both Super Bass and Did It On Em are rap songs, just different genres.
  • supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pure pop rubbish. Why did she go down this sell out route? Super bass is probably the worst rap song ever...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »
    Pure pop rubbish. Why did she go down this sell out route? Super bass is probably the worst rap song ever...

for the $$$$$$$$$ :cool:
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop
    Nicki minaj is Pop not Hip-hop, her songs are structurally like pop and as an artist she is all about costumes, art direction and collaborations to shift more units.
    Just because she is rapping that dosnt make her hip-hop.
    All shes done is just find a way to make pop music quirkier by appropriating hip-hop like hundreds of artists have before her.
    She belongs in the same category with Nelly Furtado,Gwen Stefani,and Fergie. Not with Jean Grae, Roxanne shante and Bahamadia.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Bass is as bubblegum pop as it gets....not that there is anything wrong with that.
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    She needs to lose some weight of that big fat ass.