Conor Maynard new single is really bad :o

Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not that i was a fan in the first place but admit his cant say no song was quite catchy, but he really annoys me, i dont know why,

the song is called are you crazy (i think), it's just so rubbish, im fed up of hearing this generic crap now, this particular song is on repeat on kiss,

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like 'Frankie Cocozza - She's Got A Motorcycle' bad?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I like it but it's no 'Turn Around' or 'Animal', I expected better.
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the lyrics a bit forced and awkward, but it's not a disaster by any account.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually liked the singles off his first album but this new single is a total MESS.
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's horrible isn't it:p
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is dreadful in my opinion.
    ridiculous facial expressions, boring voice, and uninspired songs.

sounds quite harsh i know :o

but he wont be remembered in 5 years down the line.

'r u crazy' i watched the video 3 times to make up my mind. its just horrendously bad. so top 5 then :rolleyes:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of him but Can't Say No is one of my guilty pleasures :o Every other songof his I've heard has been rubbish. Haven't heard the new one yet.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'd like the song better if it were sung by another artist, I don't know. There's something about him that comes across as quite smarmy and self-deserving.

I also think that some of the forced input and facial expressions are trying to take a very basic song(s) into a more deeper level.

I think the lyrics are awful, particularly the "are you joking/i aint smoing", or something like that. What the hell
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It was produced by Labrinth :( He's usually so much better than this.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    To be fair this bloke/child had 'short term success' written all over him from the get go.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't heard this yet but it's hardly a shock that Conor Maynard released a crap single!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised it was (apparently) also co-written by Labrinth too. Really cringy lyrics, I like some of Labyrinth's work though.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I really like the song personally, but I don't like it as much as Can't Say No and Vegas Girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it sounds EXACTLY LIKE a Justin Timberlake song. From about 10 years ago.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In comparision to his earlier material it's an improvement. But i'm sorry he has no credibiility or star quality i just can't buy into him :o
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Its a grower, I didn't like it at first, but it is really catchy after a few listens, I find myself singing the song just randomly.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song just sounds really naively written and produced, and the lyrics sound so forced and like they ran out of ideas. On top of that, Connor just has ZERO star quality. You've either got it or you don't.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we bump this thread every time Conor releases a new single? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    The song just sounds really naively written and produced, and the lyrics sound so forced and like they ran out of ideas. On top of that, Connor just has ZERO star quality. You've either got it or you don't.

I think you are right, i mean I really dislike Justin Bieber but I admit I can see the appeal as to why he has fans etc, but with Conor Maynard it all seems rather forced and like he's a bit manufactured, i dont know really
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Can we bump this thread every time Conor releases a new single? :p

haha