Forum Member
✭✭✭
both groundbreaking, both classics

which is better? :)

Comments

• Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby one more time. That song is a classic!!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby One More Time is a much better song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Baby one more time is a classic and I still listen to it to this very day, I was listening to it last night! It just feels as if it stood the test of time unlike wannabe. However I adored both songs at the time and both are iconic songs from 1990s pop culture.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Baby One More Time for me. I think Wannabe is the worst single Spice Girls released
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Britney out of those two !
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby One More Time is the better song (but Spice is the better album).
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Baby One More Time for sure. Will forever be the iconic song of the late 1990's.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Love both songs but I prefer Baby One More Time. That song is a classic as far as I'm concerned.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard. I'll pick wannabe just because it makes me feel more nostalgic than baby one more time, although both are nostalgic for me and I actually prefer baby one more time musically.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wannabe seems like the more deserving hit of the two as the five Spice Girls wrote that themselves and had no idea how it would be received.

Baby One More Time is a good song but it was written to be sung by whoever won it I think boyband Five were close to getting it before Britney did therefore it seems like anyone could have made it into a hit.

That's my take anyway
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby One More Time no question, Wannabe was a mess.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Wannabe seems like the more deserving hit of the two as the five Spice Girls wrote that themselves and had no idea how it would be received.

Baby One More Time is a good song but it was written to be sung by whoever won it I think boyband Five were close to getting it before Britney did therefore it seems like anyone could have made it into a hit.

That's my take anyway

TLC were also offered the song before Britney decided to record it.
    I think it was a good call to pass it on as Baby One More Time would have sounded really out of place on their Fanmail album.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wannabe is a fun pop record HOWEVER, there is no doubt that Baby One More Time is the much better song...total pop classic!!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Baby One More Time all the way that is how to ick start a phenomena :)