Best news US tv series for 2012?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
What new US Tv shows are you looking forward to most in 2012?

Comments

• MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    A good question, and obviously we know little or nothing about what will come beyond the first few months of the year. From January to April, I am looking forward to checking out the following:

January:

Alcatraz (Fox)
    Touch (Fox)

February:

Smash (NBC)
    The River (ABC)

March:

Awake (NBC)

April:

Magic City (Starz)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    any news of what channels these shows will be on in the uk?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    any news of what channels these shows will be on in the uk?

Alcatraz - Watch (March 2012)
    Smash - Sky Atlantic (Date Unknown)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Girl - the first episode of it is on 4OD http://www.channel4.com/programmes/new-girl/4od

I just watched it, and it gets it E4 debut on Jan 6. Its really funny, the characters seem like a likeable bunch, and has this coolness about, or something, anyhows, I really enjoyed it, thinks I will watch it again tonight
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I have too many shows to follow as it is so I don't need anymore. Alcatraz and The Finder could be good ones though.
    Forum Member
    New Girl - the first episode of it is on 4OD http://www.channel4.com/programmes/new-girl/4od

I just watched it, and it gets it E4 debut on Jan 6. Its really funny, the characters seem like a likeable bunch, and has this coolness about, or something, anyhows, I really enjoyed it, thinks I will watch it again tonight

1) New Girl is on Channel 4 not E4
    2) They mean shows which have yet to début in American
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) New Girl is on Channel 4 not E4
    2) They mean shows which have yet to début in American

I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you and your whole family. My most sincere apologies. Firstly, I did know that the original was going to be channel 4. Secondly, the original post isnt specific as to if it had it first showing here or the states. Do you know what, I just dont understand some FM that knit pick at other FM's posts. Maybe you just want to increase your post count, I dont know, whatever.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alcatraz - Watch (March 2012)
    Smash - Sky Atlantic (Date Unknown)

Watch? That surprises me. Not the usual sky one or fx then?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Awake' & 'Luck' are the two that stand out for me. The former got really good reviews way back at the Press Tours, and the latter just has such a ridiculous cast. I would say that 'House of Lies' looks quite good.

Also I'm interested "(The bitch that lives in) Apartment 23" which is a comedy and that got good initial reports. Plus it has Krysten Ritter (Jane from 'Breaking Bad) in it.

Finally, there's Aaron Sorkin's new HBO newsroom drama.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    True Blood
    Shameless USA
    American Horror
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you and your whole family. My most sincere apologies. Firstly, I did know that the original was going to be channel 4. Secondly, the original post isnt specific as to if it had it first showing here or the states. Do you know what, I just dont understand some FM that knit pick at other FM's posts. Maybe you just want to increase your post count, I dont know, whatever.

I'm sorry, the first point was to help you out, from what I've seen of New Girl it's amazing and I wouldn't want you to miss any of it

Apologies if it seemed a bit rude and forceful, I didn't mean to upset you. :o:cry:
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    Watch? That surprises me. Not the usual sky one or fx then?!
    It surprised me as well (and also annoyed me cos I don't get Watch and I quite like the look of Alcatraz (and Grimm)), here are the source for Alcatraz and Smash broadcast channels
    Alcatraz - Watch
    http://uktv.co.uk/watch/homepage/sid/9067
    Smash - Sky Atlantic
    http://skyatlantic.sky.com/shows/smash-hotly-anticipated-us-show-to-air-on-sky-atlantic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, the first point was to help you out, from what I've seen of New Girl it's amazing and I wouldn't want you to miss any of it

Apologies if it seemed a bit rude and forceful, I didn't mean to upset you. :o:cry:

My post was out of line, I had a drink last night, too much (and was punished harshly today for it ) I was a bit much, sorry for the post, I would like to say today has taught me slow down on the spirits drinks, but it probably hasnt tbh
  • James68James68 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    first run 2009 epiosdes of The Bold and the Beautiful on Sofa Stars
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The premise of Unforgettable seems intriguing - though in my case I can't see it (Sky Living).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James68 wrote: »
    first run 2009 epiosdes of The Bold and the Beautiful on Sofa Stars

Shut up - get out! I love B&B and had a few great years with YR too. I use to watch/download on a site and kept upto date almost days after the states, but I would love for Bold to back on telle over here. It just seems too good to be true. Fingers crossed for Sofa Stars to start up soon and get strong audience for it
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    Shut up - get out! I love B&B and had a few great years with YR too.
    Can you both shut up and get out?

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you both shut up and get out?

;)

:D Both are good shows that should be on UK telle, and a worthy addition to the thread and stuff
  • sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Girl looks good :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alcatraz and Touch
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best new US tv series for 2012......to be shown in the UK. No contest - Homeland for the win!

Had absolutely phenomenal reviews and been either No 1 or No 2 in US critics Top 10 TV lists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    awake, girls, powers if it ever gets a season and chew if it materialises
  • James68James68 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Shut up - get out! I love B&B and had a few great years with YR too. I use to watch/download on a site and kept upto date almost days after the states, but I would love for Bold to back on telle over here. It just seems too good to be true. Fingers crossed for Sofa Stars to start up soon and get strong audience for it

It will be broadcast [2 episodes] at 6.35pm and repeated at 10.30 following morning. I think one of the reasons Diva lost it was because production company felt they were undersellling/underpromoting it - 6am/11am etc. Here's hoping for a fresh positive run - 26 million viewers around the world can't be wrong!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James68 wrote: »
    It will be broadcast [2 episodes] at 6.35pm and repeated at 10.30 following morning. I think one of the reasons Diva lost it was because production company felt they were undersellling/underpromoting it - 6am/11am etc. Here's hoping for a fresh positive run - 26 million viewers around the world can't be wrong!

Amen to that! Do we have any idea of a possible month it will start, or season? A world without B&B and YR is not a world I like living in, I need at least one of them in my life
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The premise of Unforgettable seems intriguing - though in my case I can't see it (Sky Living).

I saw a trailer for that this afternoon but couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the show (Which is funny when you consider the premise) so thanks :)