One Tree Hill - Renewed For 9th Season

Comments

• pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was all up on my spoilers, apparently not.
    What a episode & the surprise at the end, yay! only a couple more eps left
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    I thought I was all up on my spoilers, apparently not.
    What a episode & the surprise at the end, yay! only a couple more eps left

I spoiled it for myself :( There was an article went up on TV Line last night just before it aired. Wish I hadn't read as I'd have loved to have been surprised.

I basically just sobbed throughout that entire episode. Amazing stuff. I am going to miss these characters so much.

I'm so glad Lucas didn't sweep in and forgive Dan at the last minute. I know that's more to do with Chad not wanting to commit to more episodes than them keeping true to the story, but I think it's for the best as I'm not even sure I believe that Dan is sorry about Keith.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collybird wrote: »
    I spoiled it for myself :( There was an article went up on TV Line last night just before it aired. Wish I hadn't read as I'd have loved to have been surprised.

I basically just sobbed throughout that entire episode. Amazing stuff. I am going to miss these characters so much.

I'm so glad Lucas didn't sweep in and forgive Dan at the last minute. I know that's more to do with Chad not wanting to commit to more episodes than them keeping true to the story, but I think it's for the best as I'm not even sure I believe that Dan is sorry about Keith.

I agree.

I can get the others "forgiving" Dan, after all, Dan saved Nates life and he is going to die so why not give a dying man, who so much wanted to be redeemed to his family a happy ending, so to speak.

But if Lucas were to do it it wouldn't sit right, he never liked Dan even before he killed Keith so why should he care enough to forgive him now, or even pretend to forgive him.

It was a good ending for Dan and I yeyed when Keith showed up. I manage to stay spoiler free for OTH so it was a genuine surprise to me.

I only wish the conversation between Dan and Nate on the river court was real and not just in Dans head.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,148
    Forum Member
    I'm choosing to believe the words were said from Nate just beside the bed not on the court. Pity they never played just for fun though. Also seeing as I never liked Luke I'm glad he never came back. Loved Keith though I was gutted when they killed him off so glad he got a cameo in the final scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    I'm choosing to believe the words were said from Nate just beside the bed not on the court. Pity they never played just for fun though. Also seeing as I never liked Luke I'm glad he never came back. Loved Keith though I was gutted when they killed him off so glad he got a cameo in the final scene.

Yeah, I got the impression that that is what they were aiming at too. It would have been better if they had cut back to the hospital, and them hugging before he died.

Would have been sad :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the impression that that is what they were aiming at too. It would have been better if they had cut back to the hospital, and them hugging before he died.

Would have been sad :(

thats what i got out of that scene to. it wouldnt have been right to have Lucas turn up there. one thing i may have missed, when did lucas bring the kids back? i was a but surprised when Deb walked in with them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats what i got out of that scene to. it wouldnt have been right to have Lucas turn up there. one thing i may have missed, when did lucas bring the kids back? i was a but surprised when Deb walked in with them

I assume Deb went and got them.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    ok i cried several times this ep but Paul johansson has made this series without him it would have fallen totally flat, lovely to see keith again too

have to say i really felt for brooke about her father, as i own that tshirt once again julian proves wonderful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was officially my favourite episode of OTH ever! So sad, so good, loved it!
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    such a good episode.

I just LOVE Naley! <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling pretty bitter about Hilarie Burton's absence from the final season. I'm really hoping she'll pop up even for just one scene in the finale and it's a BIG BIG secret.

I never wanted Peyton with Lucas and I was so ready for the pair of them to leave when they did but I think it ties everything up nicely when the oldies pop up in the final season (like in E.R.).

I know Hilarie has her reasons (a toddler and her role on White Collar) but I remember her making a big song and dance when she was leaving about how she loved the show and this wasn't necessarily the end.

I'm not a fan of actors who don't show any loyalty to the show that made them.
  • TutorGirl89TutorGirl89 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Just watched Danny Boy, thought I had read all the spoilers so the last part was a nice suprise. Can't believe there is only 2 more episodes left. Wonder who the old faces returning for the last episode are
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with it being a shorter season, and E4 showing it earlier the DVD release has been brought forward from the usual November release to June 11th. http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Tree-Hill-Season-Digital/dp/B005YYCLVI/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1332885780&sr=8-28
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up on the DVD release Bex, was driving me nuts that I was going to have to wait until November to complete my collection.

I am so glad they tied up all the major drama last week to give us the last episodes as more retrospective. I loved the simplicity of this week's episode.

The writer's have such great respect for the viewer, over the years they've build new characters slowly and made you love them just as much as the originals. They've listened to the audience and when things weren't working (Felix and Anna) they've not forced things down our throats; they listened and made the chop.

Now even as we're coming to the end, the show respects that we love these new characters too and doesn't toss them aside and pretend they never mattered and only focus on the 'main' protagonists.

I can't really ask much more from the show in the finale. I want Alex to come back for Chase. I want appearances from Peyton, Whitey and Karen but really I can't ask for much more than we've already had.
    Forum Member
    What I did like was last week I thought they were ripping off Dawsons ending and this week they actually had that in the script. I dont know what to say about the ep I liked it was going right back with the river court and Haleys stuff but too much clay.
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    The season finale was brilliant, I was crying within the first couple of minutes. Even though I think the time was right I'm still going to miss this show so much, I think I was more upset about it ending than I was when Friends ended. But as finales go, this was one of the best.
    The two things missing for me were Lucas and Peyton. Even just one scene would have made the episode perfect for me. Especially near the end of the episode where they were all sitting there with their kids in the cafe, I was expecting Lucas and Peyton to pop up. So gutted that they didn't. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The finale hasn't aired yet?
    Forum Member
    It's on the Internet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    It's on the Internet.

got a linky you can share please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it leaked? how :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've checked multiple sources of mine, and none of them have the season finale episodes.

The spoiler posted isn't really proof that its up somewhere as what was stated is shown in the trailers on TheCW youtube channel.

Probably just an april fools.
    Forum Member
    No it's not an April Fools.
    The episode starts with each of the characters looking back at themselves over the years, Nathan looking at himself on the river court talking about being 17 and Haley looking at herself writing about Nathan in the cafe.

Gavin DeGraw guest stars.
    Mouth sets up the Edwards Scott sports foundation.
    Bevan officiates the papers for Quinn to adopt Logan and she reveals she got divorced because she didn't like her husband.

Near the end of the episode Haley shows Jamie the lists that she, Lucas and Nathan wrote and asks Jamie to do the same. He writes that he will beat his dad's shooting record and the episode ends a few years later showing that Jamie has beat the record and all the characters are in the crowd cheering his name.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has been so good, I'd be so disapointed if the finale is like that. I don't really like Jamie much.. I wanted Peyton & Lucas back, and stuff. And like Brooke & Julian to get divorced lmao
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    No it's not an April Fools.
    The episode starts with each of the characters looking back at themselves over the years, Nathan looking at himself on the river court talking about being 17 and Haley looking at herself writing about Nathan in the cafe.

Gavin DeGraw guest stars.
    Mouth sets up the Edwards Scott sports foundation.
    Bevan officiates the papers for Quinn to adopt Logan and she reveals she got divorced because she didn't like her husband.

Near the end of the episode Haley shows Jamie the lists that she, Lucas and Nathan wrote and asks Jamie to do the same. He writes that he will beat his dad's shooting record and the episode ends a few years later showing that Jamie has beat the record and all the characters are in the crowd cheering his name.

If that seriously is the finale it sucks. Shoulda ended at Danny Boy which imo has been the only decent ep this year
    Forum Member
    That is seriously the ending. The episode as a whole was satisfying to me but the ending was crap especially as with the
    leap forward it's not even 'actual' Jamie. Also Millie is pregnant in the leap forward and (I think) we are led to assume that Bevan and Skills are together.

There's a part of the episode where they're all singing along to I Don't Want To Be which would have been a better way to end the episode.

I just can't believe Lucas and Peyton weren't in the finale. Was Hilarie asked to come back?

The only way the finale will be different is if the leaked episode isn't complete for whatever reason.