Wow £549 for 16GB Iphone 5S bugget Iphone 5C £469

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wow £499 only a few years ago then £529 how can they justify £549 for a phone similar to Iphone 5?

And the 5C is £469 wow? :eek:

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    How can they justify such little innovation full stop - people will buy it though... just not many i suspect
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    How can they justify such little innovation full stop - people will buy it though... just not many i suspect

No doubt the Iphone 5 has been sweeped out to stop the costs coming down.

But keeping the 4S it's not even got the lightning connectors.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Shows what they actually thought of the 5 in reality doesn't it, looks like even apple concede it was a pile of shite
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just for comparison purposes, the Nexus 4 16GB is available SIM free for £199.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shows what they actually thought of the 5 in reality doesn't it, looks like even apple concede it was a pile of shite

Iphone 5 was better than the dodgy antenna in the redesign from the 3G to Iphone 4.

The 4S was a much better all round handset to the 4.
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Wow thats amazing, cant believe no one has talked about this in the 10 page thread
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Compared to the 5 not much innovation, but compared to the 4S a lot more.
    Since most contracts involving an I phone are 2 years and apple generally release a new phone every year you either join the just number or number +s cycle, so the iPhone 5S should appeal to iPhone 4S users mostly.
  • IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apples idea of what constitutes a budget handset shows they are firmly in cloud cuckoo land.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that true?

The 'budget' iPhone 5C is costing £469 sim-free? Is that a joke? That's a PREMIUM price for a budget phone!
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Is that true?

The 'budget' iPhone 5C is costing £469 sim-free? Is that a joke? That's a PREMIUM price for a budget phone!

What do you mean? It's only £310 more than a Nexus 4.

it's an excellent price for an excellent phone. The iPhone 5c is over delivering value!
    Forum Member
    IanP wrote: »
    Apples idea of what constitutes a budget handset shows they are firmly in cloud cuckoo land.

You mean the iCloud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The budget phone is the iPhone 4S at £349, not the 5C.
    Forum Member
    Quackers wrote: »

What about the iPhone 2G. It's probably the same price as the Nexus 4 by now. Excellent value.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    What about the iPhone 2G. It's probably the same price as the Nexus 4 by now. Excellent value.

They stopped selling that one. It's iPhone 4S/5C/5S now, plus the original iPhone was crap, as was the 3G , too feature incomplete like not being able to record video. Now they are not, and compared to my android galaxy s2 that locked up, freezed, got red hot and crashed lots I really like my iPhone 5.
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Apple will get what they think they can for it. They pretty much know their market. (As does any company - non of them are charities).

The market will decide. If it fails, watch the price fall, if it's a success then you'll have to pay
    Forum Member
    They stopped selling that one. It's iPhone 4S/5C/5S now, plus the original iPhone was crap, as was the 3G , too feature incomplete like not being able to record video. Now they are not, and compared to my android galaxy s2 that locked up, freezed, got red hot and crashed lots I really like my iPhone 5.

Oh... You took my post seriously.... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about next year will the 5C replace the Iphone 4S I doubt it.

I suspect next year the 5C and 5S will be discontinued and it will be a Iphone 6 and Iphone (budget).
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Oh... You took my post seriously.... :o

Lmao :o
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    What about next year will the 5C replace the Iphone 4S I doubt it.

I suspect next year the 5C and 5S will be discontinued and it will be a Iphone 6 and Iphone (budget).

Yes, probably. Unless Apple decide against the current convention. After all they stopped naming the OS after cats this year, so maybe it'll be time for a change.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the Galaxy S4 is cheaper by at least £34 compared to the 5C...
    What are Apple thinking with these prices?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    nexus 4 for 199 pounds is twice the phone of the 5s and 5c combined.

iphone prices it s like harrods... crap in a nice box for rich people... the sad thing is that even though it s expensive is no were NEAR as good as a middle class android device...

i think apple believes that we are stupid and don t know the cost of aluminium or plastic...
    they can keep both of the new iphones...

I will buy an iphone ONLY when the do one with android instead of the idiotic and primitive ios. untill then apple can shove iphone up their ...........
    Forum Member
    adi_carnat wrote: »
    nexus 4 for 199 pounds is twice the phone of the 5s and 5c combined.

iphone prices it s like harrods... crap in a nice box for rich people... the sad thing is that even though it s expensive is no were NEAR as good as a middle class android device...

i think apple believes that we are stupid and don t know the cost of aluminium or plastic...
    they can keep both of the new iphones...

I will buy an iphone ONLY when the do one with android instead of the idiotic and primitive ios. untill then apple can shove iphone up their ...........

Not 64bit. your opinion is void.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I enjoyed is finding out when I can get iOS 7 on my iPad and getting a proper multitasking system and control panel. Hopefully I enjoy iOS 7 some of the things I do miss from android are meant be in it. Rest was horrible to find out iPhone 5C is biggest con I heard in a long while. I feel sorry for people who are going buy by accident I can imagine though some operators will be offering it for free with a high end contract or 99 with a mid range so it might suit some people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The prices are disgraceful in my opinion . £469 for what looks like a Fisher Price My First Phone :eek:

It will be a cold day in hell when I give Apple my dosh :D
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    The prices are disgraceful in my opinion . £469 for what looks like a Fisher Price My First Phone :eek:

But it comes in 5 different colours... fisher price phone comes in one.