Luton terror suspects have been charged

The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
Forum Member
A suspected terrorist plot to drive a toy car loaded with explosives under the gates of a Territorial Army base and blow it up has been smashed by police.

Detectives believe the device was to have been detonated in Luton as part of a campaign of terror attacks in Britain.

Evidence of the conspiracy was obtained in a huge surveillance operation.

At one stage, undercover police looked on as terrorist suspects apparently used the mountains of Snowdonia as a training ground.

They are accused of taking their lead from copies of the Al-Qaeda magazine Inspire which contains blueprints for home-grown attacks.

The alleged complex 16-month plot emerged as four British Muslim men appeared in court yesterday charged with a raft of terrorist offences.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137456/Luton-terrorist-plot-4-British-suspects-plotted-use-little-toy-car-attack-Territorial-Army-base.html#ixzz1tcGcZlhs
What a way to repay this country, we let their families settle here, come here for a better life, and they repay us by planning to kill us. How should we deal with such evil? Should we bring back the death penalty - I think so, in cases like this(if found 100% guilty of course). I can't believe they're actually using training camps in this country as well, it just shows how bold they're getting. Which is why the authorities should be doing more to get rid of extremist groups. Anyone who preaches hate against the West must not be allowed to live a free life in this country. The risk is way too high.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I have zero sympathy for terrorist acts - and the same lack of sympathy for those who use it as an excuse for racism.

I do find that both sides here are extremists - British and born to British parents, who's politics allow them to believe that calling for the death of others is acceptable.

I find neither acceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were doing all they could to get rid of extremist groups?
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems odd on the daily mail web site, comments are disabled, so could this thread be in danger....getting closed
    Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons
  • TimMcTVUserTimMcTVUser Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    Seems odd on the daily mail web site, comments are disabled, so could this thread be in danger....getting closed

I heard some people were registering 10 or 15 accounts just to leave hate messages on Newspaper comments sections. Seems some are obsessed with turning these type of stories into platforms for their own agendas.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    They have been charged with an offence, hence it's now subjudicy.

It's weird though that they planned this attack by going to Snowdonia. I wouldn't have thought that there are many places you could practice with a remote control car there. They could have saved their money and gone to the nearest park.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umar Arshad appears to be missing some e's from his surname
  • NosegayNosegay Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a way to repay this country, we let their families settle here, come here for a better life, and they repay us by planning to kill us. How should we deal with such evil? Should we bring back the death penalty - I think so, in cases like this(if found 100% guilty of course). I can't believe they're actually using training camps in this country as well, it just shows how bold they're getting. Which is why the authorities should be doing more to get rid of extremist groups. Anyone who preaches hate against the West must not be allowed to live a free life in this country. The risk is way too high.

Please, no wisdom on the forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    Umar Arshad appears to be missing some e's from his surname
    Lol :p
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently one of them is a cabbie where I live
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a way to repay this country, we let their families settle here, come here for a better life, and they repay us by planning to kill us. .

What have their families got to do with this case? They are not even mentioned. They should be dealt with for what they have done, not for where their parents and grandparents were born. If they were conspiring to commit murder, we have adequate penalties in place for dealing with them.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    What have their families got to do with this case? They are not even mentioned. They should be dealt with for what they have done, not for where their parents and grandparents were born. If they were conspiring to commit murder, we have adequate penalties in place for dealing with them.

Excellent post. Terrorists should be dealt with very harshly they are murderers taking lives, its their actions we are punishing not their Auntie Flos.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member

Yes but the point is, that their families were allowed to settle here, to live free lives, nice lives, to claim benefits, to set up businesses, and yet none of that stops the extremists from hating this country. Why do they do it? Why, if they feel so strongly about their desire to live in an islamic state, do they not move to one? We see it every day, on the news, on our streets, on youtube, the lack of integration. The hate for everything British. Even the act of wearing a burkha is sending out a hostile message to non muslims.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but the point is, that their families were allowed to settle here, to live free lives, nice lives, to claim benefits, to set up businesses, and yet none of that stops the extremists from hating this country. Why do they do it? Why, if they feel so strongly about their desire to live in an islamic state, do they not move to one? We see it every day, on the news, on our streets, on youtube, the lack of integration. The hate for everything British. Even the act of wearing a burkha is sending out a hostile message to non muslims.

I suspect that is the problem of the non muslim for seeing hostility, not the Muslim for chosing to wear a Burka.

Me personally, i could not give a crap if a woman wears a burka, she is not being hostile to me, she is just minding her own business doing the shopping, like me.

There may be problems with racial relationships but the constant uproar about a burka is the least of the problems that need dealing with imho.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We see it every day, on the news, on our streets, on youtube, the lack of integration. The hate for everything British.
    We see more racism every day than lack of integration. Both exist, but neither are the whole story - they're both, thankfully, minority pursuits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

The point is that your prejudice stops you from seeing how irrelevant this is.

We are all immigrants - the only difference is how many generations we can trace back. Once British, we are all British with the same rights.

Your uninformed assumptions about the perpetrators and/or their families show the same extremism you complain of in others. It would be quite wrong to instantly assume that this prejudice is down to your family - or that the offences you commit should be dealt with by some separate law.

I doubt that many people agree with the terrorism - but stop using the acts of an extreme minority as an excuse to platform your own extreme views.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    I heard some people were registering 10 or 15 accounts just to leave hate messages on Newspaper comments sections.

lol, useful people.
  • TimMcTVUserTimMcTVUser Posts: 321
    Forum Member

We are all immigrants - the only difference is how many generations we can trace back. Once British, we are all British with the same rights.

Your uninformed assumptions about the perpetrators and/or their families show the same extremism you complain of in others. It would be quite wrong to instantly assume that this prejudice is down to your family - or that the offences you commit should be dealt with by some separate law.

I doubt that many people agree with the terrorism - but stop using the acts of an extreme minority as an excuse to platform your own extreme views.

Very well said.

And this is the problem I feel we have dealing with extremism. It's people with the opposite extreme views which end up contributing to the friction. Which then spirals into a never ending circle of hate.
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Islamic faith is not to my taste, especially given their appallingly cruel treatment towards women and female children, which is why I choose not to be a Muslim (or of any faith, for that matter), but if they wish to live their lives as Muslims that's their business.

However, why do they move to countries, such as Britain, that are not Islamic states in the first place? If British culture jars with their faith and 'way of life' so much then why choose to live here knowing the UK is not an Islamic state? There are plenty of other Islamic countries in the world where they could move to and live their lives in accordance to their religion.

I'm not saying all Muslims have an agenda to turn Britain into an Islamic state, but I do think it's fair to say that is the main motive of some of the Muslims who choose to live here.
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member

Very well said.

And this is the problem I feel we have dealing with extremism. It's people with the opposite extreme views which end up contributing to the friction. Which then spirals into a never ending circle of hate.

Well said, both. Great points.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Kubrick wrote: »
    The Islamic faith is not to my taste, especially given their appallingly cruel treatment towards women and female children, which is why I choose not to be a Muslim (or of any faith, for that matter), but if they wish to live their lives as Muslims that's their business.

However, why do they move to countries, such as Britain, that are not Islamic states in the first place? If British culture jars with their faith and 'way of life' so much then why choose to live here knowing the UK is not an Islamic state? There are plenty of other Islamic countries in the world where they could move to and live their lives in accordance to their religion.

I'm not saying all Muslims have an agenda to turn Britain into an Islamic state, but I do think it's fair to say that is the main motive of some of the Muslims who choose to live here.

Yep these bitter fools problems are self inflicted, its time to stop making excuses for them.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    Well said, both. Great points.

+1 to that.