Alexandre Burke music career over? Aiming to win part in 2 west end musicals

violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi another one bites the dust.

After being in the papers for a few months frockling in the sea in her bikini and coming out of nightclubs it appears Alexandre Burke recording contract with RCA is over.

I read in the daily mail yesterday that she has been taking acting lessons so she can secure a part in 2 musicals she is after and wants to pursue acting jobs now.

What happened to RCA America and working with top people in the states?

She has a great voice feel abit sorry for her that her recording career is over.

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Nah. She's simply considering options. She seems to be planning some kind of musical than being in it :confused:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    She can be a popstar AND a west end star. I mean if she doesn't go back to her 'Overcome' style I won't be buying her music but she can do both.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing stopping her doing both, she just needs to find the right type of music. She needs to go back to r&b/dance type music rather than electropop. There are a lot of people doing electropop at the minute and most people do it better.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    There is nothing stopping her doing both, she just needs to find the right type of music. She needs to go back to r&b/dance type music rather than electropop. There are a lot of people doing electropop at the minute and most people do it better.

! The people have spoken!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta pay them bills.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi another one bites the dust.

After being in the papers for a few months frockling in the sea in her bikini and coming out of nightclubs it appears Alexandre Burke recording contract with RCA is over.

I read in the daily mail yesterday that she has been taking acting lessons so she can secure a part in 2 musicals she is after and wants to pursue acting jobs now.

What happened to RCA America and working with top people in the states?

She has a great voice feel abit sorry for her that her recording career is over.

who's alexandre burke? :eek:any sample of his songs?;)
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Why do people constantly knock the West End here?

I don't know what will happen with Alex's pop career, but I do know that it takes a lot of talent to be a top musical theatre star. I also think it is probably a more sustainable career than being a pop star which is usually very short term.

So if Alex takes that path, I wish her very success. I saw Will Young in Cabaret last year and he was outstanding. It didn't do him any harm.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shes still alive? :O news to me...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    who's alexandre burke? :eek:any sample of his songs?;)

She's the Xtra Factor winner, she had a huge hit with Misbehaving Boys a while back.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »
    She's the Xtra Factor winner, she had a huge hit with Misbehaving Boys a while back.

Is it a drag act? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Is it a drag act? :p

What? Of course not her debut album, Overwhelmed, went multi-beige ;)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »
    What? Of course not her debut album, Overwhelmed, went multi-beige ;)

However, her second album Heartfreak On Lol'd didn't even go copper...:cry:
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed that.

Alexandre Burke LOL :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had heard she`s instigated a `scripted` agent as a well as a music agent, so she is clearly keeping her opinions open. she would be great in the west end, i would definitely watch her in `the bodyguard` for instance. apparently, she wants to be a `serious actress` though and that role might not be high brow enough for her.:o is it true about her parting with rca though?:confused:
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to Alex in whatever she decides to do. Why shouldn't Alex have a chance at acting, if this is what she wants, look at the late Whitney Houston, brilliant singer, but still appeared in a good film. Lots of singers have gone through the acting route as well, Alicia Keys and so many others, and I don't see why Alex shouldn't have another bow to her string. I find it very hard to understand why people have a downer on Alex, I can understand that everyone will not like her type of music, but she has a brilliant voice.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er it was not a downer just reporting the facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er it was not a downer just reporting the facts.

There are no facts in your post. She has not officially announced that she is quitting music.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    i had heard she`s instigated a `scripted` agent as a well as a music agent, so she is clearly keeping her opinions open. she would be great in the west end, i would definitely watch her in `the bodyguard` for instance. apparently, she wants to be a `serious actress` though and that role might not be high brow enough for her.:o is it true about her parting with rca though?:confused:
    No don't know where you've heard about RCA but she's still with them
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    I also think it is probably a more sustainable career than being a pop star which is usually very short term.

Not for much longer given the amount of ex reality stars taking theatre roles lol :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    No don't know where you've heard about RCA but she's still with them

the op suggests as much in the opening post, so that is why i asked.
  • violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    There are no facts in your post. She has not officially announced that she is quitting music.

I was just reporting the facts. She obv still not with RCA America otherwise she would not be aiming for the west end.

That is where all the failed music stars go.

Playing in front of hundreds in a theatre after losing your record contact is a step down.

I am sure she would prefer to play in front of thousands singing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Playing in front of hundreds in a theatre after losing your record contact is a step down.

I have had issues with Ms Burke in the past; I think she has been disingenuous, I think she has been (let's say) over-confident and somewhat audacious, however I believe you need to adapt to whatever opportunities life gives you.

If, for example, she offered nothing else but a contract for the West End and puts that beside a tax bill then she cannot even think about anything but paying that. She cannot think about a US recording contract, a job on the X Factor, supporting Beyonce or any other pie in the sky idea. She has to think about what is on the table and what her options are.

Feet on the ground time I'm afraid. Those are the facts.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most West End theatres seat a thousand plus, multiply that by eight shows a week and multiply that again by the months/years she would be in the role so she'd be playing to many, many more than she ever would doing a 15/20 date theatre tour.

There's nothing second class about appearing on the West End stage, quite the opposite in fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reporting the facts. She obv still not with RCA America otherwise she would not be aiming for the west end.

You keep saying that, but then where are they? I don't see any official words from Alexandra or her representatives in any of the "sources" you have cited in your posts. There is just no truth in this at all.

Nobody knows what she is actually working on because she has been relatively silent about the project, but if she's flying to and from the US regularly to record then I doubt her music career is over. A third album is still highly likely, she said herself that she had already started it.

You are just regurgitating rubbish tbh.

Alexandra said this herself:
    Music is number one!!!! Don't believe what ya'll are reading!@JefersonMacedo_: @Alexandramusic Intends to continue with music or going?”
    https://twitter.com/alexandramusic/status/305421139725918208

I'm more inclined to believe her than some story you have gleaned from the Daily Mail. Case closed.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

FYI, She never was with RCA US, she signed with RCA UK last year - and just because you're on a UK label doesn't mean you're automatically on it's US counterpart.

And what is with all this west end snobbery? There are people in the west end who are FAR more talented with their vocal abilities than some people in the music industry. Just because some people choose to go into acting & singing does not make them a "failure".