ios7 download..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone sucessfully downloaded ios7 on an ipad mini yet?
Seems to be some problems.

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Advice appears to be wait till tomorrow as Apple's servers are being hammered at the moment.
  • iamasingeriamasinger Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Took a couple of tries, but it's all installed now.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty much given up here.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    After a bit of trying it downloaded on to my iPad and I have to say it looks pretty :cool:
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Successfully installed on an iPad 2.

The interface will take some getting used to but the slightly worrying thing is performance on the iPad 2 is sluggish at times - e.g. Sticky key response when typing, lack of response when choosing wallpaper from the menu, jerky scrolling on Google web pages etc
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Successfully installed on an iPad 2.

The interface will take some getting used to but the slightly worrying thing is performance on the iPad 2 is sluggish at times - e.g. Sticky key response when typing, lack of response when choosing wallpaper from the menu etc.

iOS 7 fairly sluggish on the older devices it seems.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite surprised they decided to release iOS 7 on the iPad 2, especially given the fact it is seeming to push the capabilities of the hardware.

I wonder how many people will land up wishing they stayed with 6.1.3?

I think we can safely assume that this is the last major release for the iPad 2.
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if there is an update for Apple TV planned soon?
  • ZimzammamZimzammam Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    The ios 7 update has disappeared on my ipad, gave up trying to install. Went to try again and it says ios 6.1.3 your software is up to date. What's going on???
    Forum Member
    Zimzammam wrote: »
    The ios 7 update has disappeared on my ipad, gave up trying to install. Went to try again and it says ios 6.1.3 your software is up to date. What's going on???

Try again tomorrow probably better chance of getting the update then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »

Are the guts of the iPad2 not the same as the iPad Mini?

In which case, I don't think I'll bother updating my Mini until I see more feedback on performance. I find it slower than my Note 10.1 already. (But more conveniently sized)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be working now. I downloaded it in 8 minutes. Or maybe I was lucky. Seems nice on my ipad anyway. Looks all fresh and interesting. I look forward to playing.
  • kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says 61 hours to go on my iPad .... better be worth the wait! :D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already had the GM version saved from a few days ago.
    On attempting to update, I was quoted up to 14 hours, but found out the GM is the same as the one being streamed by Apple.
    Took a good while to get past errors with activation, but all done within 20 mins.
    search the net for the IOS 7 GM for your device

much quicker
  • Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you have itunes 11.1 installed.
    iOS 7 will not sync with 11.05
  • Dave 8o]Dave 8o] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it downloaded and installed overnight.

I haven't explored very much since the upgrade but I have to say I'm disappointed. I can tell that they's gone for simple, but the new built in app icons look dull, flat and boring. The look of the calendar and reminder apps is awful. They've gone for simple, but actually gone through simple and out the other side.

I'll admit that I like the little swipe up control panel thing, but lets face it, that should have been there well before now.

As for the stupid 3D effect that makes the icons move as I move my iPad, wtf? What is the point? I'll bet somebody spent ages programming that and all I can say is why, it does nothing to help the user or improve anything. All it does is add to the Glamour that Apple like to provide, that sparkle that has no use other than to make people go ooooh!

I'm sure that there are improvements under the hood, but so far I am very underwhelmed by iOS7. To me, it's just a collection of things that should have been present long before now. The extra Find My iPhone protection, the control panel etc. There is nothing new or innovative in there.

I haven't tried the multitasking additions yet, hopefully there's something in there that make this upgrade worthwhile. I'm not holding my breath. I'm also holding off as long as I can before I have to upgrade my iPhone 4 ans I suspect that it will not add anything to that, except slowing it down.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike the glaring white background pages, argh my eye. I hate the calendar view I feel we should be able to customise it. My notes are shocking, at least before it was yellow, it's glaring and shite.
    Like the flashlight & a few other things. I will not be updating my iPad for now.
    Quite like the apps view etc. the colours are pretty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the dynamic wall papers.:D I got mine set to the starry night one. One thing I've noticed is occasionally with the keyboard up, when you press the button to swap to numeric keyboard there's a second or 2 delay before it appears.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »

I've had no problems with it on my iPad 2 at all. Works great.:)
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    After a bit of trying it downloaded on to my iPad and I have to say it looks pretty :cool:

Yes, it froze when I first tried on iPad 4, no doubt due to pressure on Apple servers, but this morning installed just fine. So far so good, with a few small glitches. Overall, I like the way IOS7 looks and feels.

Very pleased to see that Apple have added a wish list to the App Store. That will help a lot when browsing through potential purchases.

Not so happy that - unless I am missing something - there is no longer any way to force stuck apps to close.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is an update for Apple TV planned soon?

There was supposedly going to be one at the same time as iOS 7, but I've not checked yet.
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no problems with it on my iPad 2 at all. Works great.:)

Same here, I don't have that much on mine except a few apps so maybe that's one reason.

I decided to wait til today to download it and it all went very smoothly. Think I like the new look :)
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPad 3 - kept saying it would take 5 hours, actually took about 3 and a bit.
    Looks great etc.
    Did it on the 18th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. Saw it on the OH's iPad2 last night.

Looks a bit playschool doesn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sancheeez wrote: »
    Hmmm. Saw it on the OH's iPad2 last night.

Looks a bit playschool doesn't it?

Not particularly. It looks quite clean and fresh, but essentially not very different from before.