How to use virginmedia voicemail

Can anyone tell me how I use this service. I don't know how to access the messages. Can you turn this off.Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephas wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I use this service. I don't know how to access the messages. Can you turn this off.Thanks

To access it you need to call 1571, press 7 when prompted to listen to your message, 3 to save it and 5 to discard it.

If you have advanced (£1.75) voicemail you can access more options by pressing 8 (leave a personal message etc)

To have it turned off call customer care on 150.
  • intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Is it true that the 1571 service only allows 3 rings to answer the phone otherwise you have to pay Virgin Media for the premium voicemail service to get more rings?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was 6 rings. Might be wrong though.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was 6 rings. Might be wrong though.

It is 5/6 rings on Free Voicemail :cool:

Chargeable can have up to 10 rings
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Thanks very much :)
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    Better of forgetting 1571 and getting an answering machine, then only use it when you aren't in to take the call, instead of the damn 1571 kicking in too soon or whilst busy.
    Forum Member
    On another forum there's a story about a lady who has a false hip and is on Virgin with 1571 voicemail.

It kicks in too quick and she can't get to the phone because of her disability.

She phoned Virgin up to see if they could make it go for a few more rings before going to answerphone, but they said no, not without charging her!

Why is it more expensive just to let it ring a bit longer before going to answerphone, what do you get for the 1.75 a month? Just that you can leave your own message instead of that young bird saying you're "not around at the moment" :eek:

It's almost worth the £1.75 to get rid of her and her lingo.
  • TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    intheknow wrote: »
    On another forum there's a story about a lady who has a false hip and is on Virgin with 1571 voicemail.

She phoned Virgin up to see if they could make it go for a few more rings before going to answerphone, but they said no, not without charging her!

Why is it more expensive just to let it ring a bit longer before going to answerphone, what do you get for the 1.75 a month? Just that you can leave your own message instead of that young bird saying you're "not around at the moment" :eek:

Is this another one of your made-up stories? If she can't live with the Voicemail, she can simply ask to get it removed and replace it with a normal answer phone. Basic voicemail is a free service from VM which is activated upon request not forced on your line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For £1.75 a month you get up to 10 rings, you can personalise your answer message, remote access from any other line to your messages.

She could just ask for it to be switched off if she didn't like it or was unsuitable for her needs, or get her own answermachine if she needs that kind of service, but doesn't want to pay a monthly charge for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OOOh how bad are Virgin they give the poor woman a voicemail service that has inconvenienced her and to top it all they charged her a whopping £0:00 per month for the use of it.....erm hang on a moment how much?? The theives :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    OOOh how bad are Virgin they give the poor woman a voicemail service that has inconvenienced her and to top it all they charged her a whopping £0:00 per month for the use of it.....erm hang on a moment how much?? The thieves :rolleyes:

They give it away free because they know they make a lot lot more money by people hitting voicemail instead of hearing a busy tone to getting no answer.

They didn't give it away for the benefit of the customer, just their benefit.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They give it away free because they know they make a lot lot more money by people hitting voicemail instead of hearing a busy tone to getting no answer.

They didn't give it away for the benefit of the customer, just their benefit.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aren't Virgin Media a business or have they turned into a charity? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Businesses normally learn that the customer is king though, and might show some compassion for a disabled lady and allow the phone to ring longer so she can get to it!

It's enabled by default, so it sounds like the customer service person didn't say it could be removed, only that she could pay £1.75 extra to have it ring longer.

If VM had been more compassionate the lady may have told her friends, as it was she posted on the internet for many, many other people to see.

Do you remember the old saying "a very happy customer on average tells 1 or 2 other people about their service, an unhappy customer often tells many more about their dissatisfaction"

In the age of the internet and forums that is still very relevant, both in real life and online. Does it cost VM anymore at all to switch a single disabled customer with a special case from 1 electronic voice system to another? no, not a cent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I
    In the age of the internet and forums that is still very relevant, both in real life and online. Does it cost VM anymore at all to switch a single disabled customer with a special case from 1 electronic voice system to another? no, not a cent.

Well yes it would as befor you know it everyone would be disabled and want the same thing.

You do it for one and you need to do it for everyone.

Besides Free Voicemail CANNOT have the rings changed on the switch. only the advanced version can.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Businesses normally learn that the customer is king though, and might show some compassion for a disabled lady and allow the phone to ring longer so she can get to it!

It's enabled by default, so it sounds like the customer service person didn't say it could be removed, only that she could pay £1.75 extra to have it ring longer.

If VM had been more compassionate the lady may have told her friends, as it was she posted on the internet for many, many other people to see.

Do you remember the old saying "a very happy customer on average tells 1 or 2 other people about their service, an unhappy customer often tells many more about their dissatisfaction"

You don't know that as you weren't privvy to that conversation! :rolleyes:

I'm sure she would of been told she can have it removed.

And yet again you've turned this into a anti Virgin Media thread..... :rolleyes: :sleep: well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't know that as you weren't privvy to that conversation! :rolleyes:

I'm sure she would of been told she can have it removed.

And yet again you've turned this into a anti Virgin Media thread..... :rolleyes: :sleep: well done!

Sadly it seams that some people feel that they have to change the direction of any thread they find to suit their agenda. Much to the annoyance of everyone else.

I for one feel that we should use forums to talk about our views however there is a limit.

Some posters really do just trash threads and then imply that everyone else are VM fan boys who are bullying them.

Erm no just forum users who are sick to death of people who try to spoil everything and annoy fellow posters by constantly antagonising everyone with their one sided spin.
    Forum Member
    Aren't Virgin Media a business or have they turned into a charity? :rolleyes:

VM wouldn't know how to be a charity, even if they wanted!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it seams that some people feel that they have to change the direction of any thread they find to suit their agenda. Much to the annoyance of everyone else.

I for one feel that we should use forums to talk about our views however there is a limit.

Some posters really do just trash threads and then imply that everyone else are VM fan boys who are bullying them.

Erm no just forum users who are sick to death of people who try to spoil everything and annoy fellow posters by constantly antagonising everyone with their one sided spin.

Well said Cablemaster! :)
    Forum Member
    It's always the same ones complaining though. I think the thread was over when cablemaster explained how to operate voicemail. It was only because I was reading about this issue that I brought it up.

Go look on google, it's there for all to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always the same ones complaining though..

Yes!, YOU! :rolleyes:
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To access it you need to call 1571, press 7 when prompted to listen to your message, 3 to save it and 5 to discard it.

If you have advanced (£1.75) voicemail you can access more options by pressing 8 (leave a personal message etc)

To have it turned off call customer care on 150.

Mines is press 3 to delete press 7 to play the first saved message, 5 to keep the message 9 to exit.
    Forum Member
    Mines is press 3 to delete press 7 to play the first saved message, 5 to keep the message 9 to exit.

Different switches have different systems, same as the other *# services differ in operation and number used.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Well yes it would as befor you know it everyone would be disabled and want the same thing.

You do it for one and you need to do it for everyone.

Besides Free Voicemail CANNOT have the rings changed on the switch. only the advanced version can.

my understanding is that its just a setting on the switch for either 'service', my brother works as an engineer for virgnmedia and i work for another telco (and lots of others in my time)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    It's rubbish anyway, if you don't get to the phone in time & the message kicks in & the person calling decides not to leave a message you don't know who has called?
    I've questioned it many times why it does this, 1471 doesn't store the number for some reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    I wish they would fix the darned thing to stop telling me every other time I use it that its my first time and make me sit through yet another lengthy explanation of how to use it before letting me listen to my message! :mad: The stupid thing keeps telling me to check ntlhome.com for more details! :rolleyes: