Mark Sidaway - Ex Producer says he saw the winner yesterday!

shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    shraine wrote: »

It could the one Ian Royce said
    @officialroycey
    I witnessed the best singer I have ever heard on @TheXFactor today - Sorry Leona ....

#xf10
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know if it's a boy or a girl?
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »

How can he know the winner when viewers have yet to vote? :confused:Everyone said Leah would win the voice and then look what happened:rolleyes:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate these comments hyping up the show. They seem to happen every year. Just look at what people were saying about Ella being "the best voice this show has ever found" yet she turned out to be an epic flop.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can he know the winner when viewers have yet to vote? :confused:Everyone said Leah would win the voice and then look what happened:rolleyes:

I can't remember the hyped-up 'golden boy/girl' ever winning these shows (possibly Fantasia on Idol, but her voice was an aquired taste and a lot of people didn't like her at all).

Even going back to the original Pop Idol - everyone thought Gareth would win.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I hate these comments hyping up the show. They seem to happen every year. Just look at what people were saying about Ella being "the best voice this show has ever found" yet she turned out to be an epic flop.

In her defence, she hasn't released anything yet. And plus, Tulisa's song choice & the ridiculous arrangement caused her to be voted out IMO.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

Correction, best voice since Leona ;) (Not that it was true)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's WAY to early for people to be making comments like this. This time last year everyone thought Nathan Fagan-Gayle had it in the bag.
    Forum Member
    It's WAY to early for people to be making comments like this. This time last year everyone thought Nathan Fagan-Gayle had it in the bag.

Indeed - but he wasn't even that good or original anyway.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's really not too early at all. I think last year the favorites were established after their first auditions. The favorites were always Ella, James and Jahmene.
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    It's really not too early at all. I think last year the favorites were established after their first auditions. The favorites were always Ella, James and Jahmene.

Yet it's not always the case. Non-favorites (from the start) can get to the final (e.g, Chris, Leon). Matt was seen as the favorite from bootcamp, but particularly from week 5. As with Joe, probably from week 7.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »

IIRC all three became faves only after the airing of the first episodes on TV, not before... maybe there were attention towards this girl ella but not all three yet at this point...
  • Ashley_QuintAshley_Quint Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    It could have been Eva.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same I really don't like it because it's unfair on the contestant the comment is made on, it creates a bombastic amount of hype surrounding the contestants that is it's impossible to live up to no matter how good you are. I really liked Ella however I didn't like her song choices week 3 onwards Ella referred to her song choices as challenges but to me they were just lazy.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

True. And to be fair, is this person vocally gonna be better than Leona, Alexandra, Laura White, Rhydian and Ruth Lorenzo? I highly doubt it.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could have been Eva.

Who's this Eva girl? What did she sing etc.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll bet their audition song was by either Whitney Houston, Adele or Jennifer Hudson.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's that fat Scottish Goth - the comeback kid.

Nah, probably not
    Forum Member
    I think it's rather stupid to predict the winner after one performance - it makes more sense once we hit the live shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I think it's rather stupid to predict the winner after one performance - it makes more sense once we hit the live shows.

Couldn't agree more. You never know what will happen in the next stages. Thing's change after weeks of live shows, a lot happens.
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. You never know what will happen in the next stages. Thing's change after weeks of live shows, a lot happens.

If it was BGT, it would make sense to do so however.