Bruce Willis on the One Show and what else?

i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
Forum Member
Did anyone else think Bruce Willis was on a higher plain than the two presenters, was he on anything else other than the One Show?

His thoughts seemed to be floating on a passing cloud.

It was all rather bizarre.

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    He just an actor, and quiet person, so it's normal, but with that two presenters... different news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with the viewers...the One Show is torture...
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to see here, perfectly normal Bruce who coped as best as he could - admirably even - with two idiot presenters.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    He just an actor, and quiet person, so it's normal, but with that two presenters... different news.

Yet he agreed to do a 30 minute interview, no one held a gun to his head.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I thought he was great, there's a long thread in TV forum about it. I don't normally watch The One Show but was glad I caught it yesterday. Never thought much either way about Bruce but he went from zero to hero in my eyes after that interview. Him being aloof made me like him all the more as I don't think he was rude just bemused with the whole set up. My fave bit was when they showed him the viewers pics he was :confused: and I didn't blame him one bit :D
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Nothing to see here, perfectly normal Bruce who coped as best as he could - admirably even - with two idiot presenters.

Some of his comments seemed off the wall, it was him that ended up looking bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I thought he was great, there's a long thread in TV forum about it. I don't normally watch The One Show but was glad I caught it yesterday. Never thought much either way about Bruce but he went from zero to hero in my eyes after that interview. Him being aloof made me like him all the more as I don't think he was rude just bemused with the whole set up. My fave bit was when they showed him the viewers pics he was :confused: and I didn't blame him one bit :D

I don't think he was in the least aloof, just bemused, as you say, and who wouldn't be, to be fair, confronted with those two? ;)
    Forum Member

That sort of show don't wheel on a guest, particularly of his calibre without a prior discussion and agreement.
    Forum Member
    I don't think he was in the least aloof, just bemused, as you say, and who wouldn't be, to be fair, confronted with those two? ;)

Sorry aloof was the wrong choice of word, I think cool is more like it. He was just chilled and a bit perplexed by the show and them 2 I reckon, like you say who wouldn't be. I liked him and he played a few little tunes on the harmonica they gave him, if he was that arsey he wouldn't have done. I think he preferred the t-shirt:D
    Forum Member
    Sorry aloof was the wrong choice of word, I think cool is more like it. He was just chilled and a bit perplexed by the show and them 2 I reckon, like you say who wouldn't be. I liked him and he played a few little tunes on the harmonica they gave him, if he was that arsey he wouldn't have done. I think he preferred the t-shirt:D

Bizarre is the word you are looking for, it was like he was in another world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could've been jetlagged. Possibly.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looked like he'd had a spliff, and I dont have a problem with that, I thought it was hilarious.

Matts fine, Alex herself is very str8/boring...and Bruce is old enough to know the circus hes part of, and the promo campaigns that go with releasing a film in which millions have been invested in.

Infact, at his age, he must know to grin and bear it, smile and take the fee.
    Forum Member
    He could've been jetlagged. Possibly.

What his brain was 8 miles high? :)

Not sure about jet lagged but his responses seem to have time lag.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    He looked like he'd had a spliff, and I dont have a problem with that, I thought it was hilarious.

Matts fine, Alex herself is very str8/boring...and Bruce is old enough to know the circus hes part of, and the promo campaigns that go with releasing a film in which millions have been invested in.

Infact, at his age, he must know to grin and bear it, smile and take the fee.

Yeah, I don't mind Matt, it's just the pairing with Alex, and the format of the show and the faux enthusiasm and the dumb&dumber questions and the failure to grasp simple concepts and engage people and the idiot studio audience who laugh wildly at everything.

All things considered, Bruce did well to come through it intact.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the show about 3 times since it started, but flicked over and saw Bruce so thought I'd stay and watch:eek::D I wondered if someone had upset him at the beginning of he interview as I started part way through.

It was a bit bizarre but I've never seen another Bruce interview to see if he really just hates them. Now whilst I remember Under the Boardwalk, I didn't expect them to put up a video, it was like This Is Your Die Hard Life and the presenters really died on their sofa.
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Bizarre is the word you are looking for, it was like he was in another world.

the whole thing was bizarre. Yes another world 'A-list mega movie star world' and 'cheesy, cringey One Show world' :D
    It was never going to work but I loved watching it and the Moonlighting clip and him singing Under The Boardwalk
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet he agreed to do a 30 minute interview, no one held a gun to his head.

Agreeing to do an interview is one thing. Being comfortable doing it is another. Not everyone is comfortable doing interviews, no matter how big a star they are. The One Show must be a weird experience, especially for guests from the States who are unfamiliar with the show and a lot of the stuff that is featured on it.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I could not imagine Bruce Willis striking up a rapport with those two presenters.
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Agreeing to do an interview is one thing. Being comfortable doing it is another. Not everyone is comfortable doing interviews, no matter how big a star they are. The One Show must be a weird experience, especially for guests from the States who are unfamiliar with the show and a lot of the stuff that is featured on it.

You make it sound like he's a one man band from hicksville, rather than an A-lister with an appropriate agent, publicist etc.

It's not like he's someone who's come 5th on a talent show and has to accept any TV appearance going.

He has the clout to say I ain't doing this or that.

Is he still with CAA? If he he is, they must not get on well if they thought the One Show was a good vehicle for him.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make it sound like he's a one man band from hicksville, rather than an A-lister with an appropriate agent, publicist etc.

It's not like he's someone who's come 5th on a talent show and has to accept any TV appearance going.

He has the clout to say I ain't doing this or that.

Is he still with CAA? If he he is, they must not get on well if they thought the One Show was a good vehicle for him.
    According to this site which the accuracy of can be debated he's with Rogers and Cowan

http://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/Bruce_Willis/Contact.asp
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    According to this site which the accuracy of can be debated he's with Rogers and Cowan

http://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/Bruce_Willis/Contact.asp

Having now seen the red carpet list of names for the premiere all I can say is how the great have fallen....included were a Jordan look-a-like, a Jordan cloan and the short lived husband of Jordan.

If he thought the One Show was below him, wonder what he'll find in common with the orange-tans of TOWIE and assorted reality shows?
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I adore Bruce but was a little bit disappointed by this interview. However, I've seen him interviewed elsewhere and he does have a rather irreverent sense of humour which I think wasn't given the opportunity to shine in this interview. I think he'd have been much better off appearing on Graham Norton where there's a more convivial atmosphere between the guests. I still 'would' where Bruce is concerned!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice how the daily mail article points out that he was born in Germany. Trying to get all the haters of Germans out of the woodwork to have a go at him.
  • freaky_fridayfreaky_friday Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Not wishing to sound too cynical but ... we're all talking about him now aren't we? ;)
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    The One Show is embarrassing in just how bad it is. I have no idea how they manage to get guests like Bruce Willis on there in the first place considering what a basic, low rent programme it is. It's got to be one of the most patronising shows on air, and Matt and Alex are dire. And as for Chris Evans, he is even worse than both of them put together!

I can't see how this show can appeal to even the most fluffy minded. It's pure rubbish and a complete and utter embarrassment!!