Inappropriate behaviour at concerts.

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,191
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been to see Diana Krall at the Albert Hall. Good show except for the usual idiots who don't know how to behave appropriate to the type of music being played-by which I mean you don't expect the same kind of behaviour at a jazz or a classical concert as that which you would expect to get at a rock concert.

One woman crunching peanuts and rustling the packet during a quieter song. Woman on my left playing with her phone-woman on my right leaned right across me to tell her to 'put your f**king phone away'! And another woman who got thrown out-didn't see what for but in turn that led to a couple two rows in front of me talking,presumably about what said woman had done. Why can't people take into account the style of music they're going to see and behave accordingly?

Comments

• cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because people are stupid and ignorant. It's like when I go to the cinema - the amount of noisy people and people on phones/eating crisps loudly/whispering/giggling - makes me want to scream! Hope you enjoyed the show anyway.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Better to buy the DVD than mix with the chavs who don't know how to behave in public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You all sound like the people who bothers when children do play on the street.:p
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    You'll sound like the people who bothers when children do play on the street.

When they break into your garden and bust a feather board you worry what their parents are teaching them. My garden is not a crèche.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter what concert i go to, without fail you will see security suddenly burst in and kick some bloke out for fighting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often wonder how some DM posters function in society..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I went to a joss stone gig a number of years ago now and when she sang spoiled (one of her slower songs) there was a woman/banshee wailing all the way through about how much she loved Joss etc. safe to say the crowd were not overly pleased!
    I have also seen people throw up/collapse due to being wasted at a gig.. Doesn't bother me but seems like a waste of money!
    Oh, also, the throwing of urine never appealed to me.. Happened a lot at the kaiser chiefs though?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member
    Better to buy the DVD than mix with the chavs who don't know how to behave in public.

A DVD can never replace a live concert.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you do when the singer them self that you are seeing doesn't know how to behave. I read at another forum that I go to that Madonna recently did a show in Denver, Colorado and not only was she two hours late starting the show at all, but her first song was about murder and she pretended to shoot random people who were still there in the crowd when this was the area that suffered the movie theater shooting back in the summer time during the Batman film premiere. :(:(:(

God bless you and everyone in the Denver area always!!!

Holly
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member
    ^ One of my pet hates is singers turning up late. It is totally disrespectful to the crowd. They don't consider that these people take time off work to see them, get public transport which can be difficult to get home using if the gig doesn't finish at a reasonable time. All because they wanna act like a rock star.

It's ridiculous and they have no right to do it.
  • katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see tinie tempah and I remember I could smell weed despite everyone being checked
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    I often wonder how some DM posters function in society..

So what is wrong with going to a concert and actually wanting to SEE and HEAR the artist you've paid to see without constant distractions from other audience members?? Why bother paying for a ticket if all you want to do is muck around with your phone or talk to your partner and pay little attention to what's actually going on on stage?
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take That Concert in Glasgow :eek:
    Never seen so many drunk women in my life!!!!! Including the two girls behind me, (who looked about 20) who were weeing into paper cups :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

Been to several Robbie concerts and everybody was much better behaved!!!

But my pet hate is going to concerts and not being allowed to dance. Was at Billy Joel show a couple of years back and the guy sitting next to me was yelling at people to sit down (Billy was encouraging everybody to get up!!) I ignored him.

If you want to sit down, stay at home :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ My favorite singer, James Otto, encourages those who see him to get up out of their seats. If you go here, you can see him eventually get after a lady who flat out would not get up out of her seat for him. Actually this show took place on the day before Halloween four years ago. :):):)

God bless you and the lady and James always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. Just so that it is known, James did apologize to the woman after the show. I heard him talk about it during a radio chat a few days later. :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I HATE it at concerts nowadays people just stand and fil the whole thing on there phones!!!!!!!!! Why?! It really pisses me off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pmsl that sounds like a good night out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a cup of piss thrown at me when I went to see Professor Green earlier this year, vowed never to see another act live again unless they have seating.

I got so angry but everyone else made out like it was part and parcel to going to see someone live! I'd rather not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see tinie tempah and I remember I could smell weed despite everyone being checked

Were you really surprised there was weed at a gig? A quick pat down and bag check will never find it all, plenty of places to hide it. Shoes, bra, pants etc
  • harjamharjam Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Went along to a Billy Idol concert with a family member a few years ago in Brixton Academy I think. He was blind drunk, started a fight during the first song which in turn caused a bar room style brawl...enough for Billy Idol to stop singing and peer into the crowd!

As a result bouncers flew in and chucked him and about four other people out. Idiots!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I had a cup of piss thrown at me when I went to see Professor Green earlier this year.
    Whoever threw that should have been thrown out on their hump, no pun intended!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harjam wrote: »
    Went along to a Billy Idol concert with a family member a few years ago in Brixton Academy I think. He was blind drunk, started a fight during the first song which in turn caused a bar room style brawl...enough for Billy Idol to stop singing and peer into the crowd!

As a result bouncers flew in and chucked him and about four other people out. Idiots!

That was one hell of a night !! :)
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I had a cup of piss thrown at me when I went to see Professor Green earlier this year, vowed never to see another act live again unless they have seating.

I got so angry but everyone else made out like it was part and parcel to going to see someone live! I'd rather not.

Yeah, this is the most disgusting thing to go on at concerts. Festivals are even worse for that.

Some people are just cretins.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a child I went to see S Club 7 and we had this Manc couple behind us kicking off at the woman and kid besides us for dancing :/

Went to Florence and had these annoying cretinous scousers shouting rude and disgusting inappropriate things to her. It was clear that they had been on drugs.

Seen Anastacia however, she attracts the right crowd.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farting loudly during a quiet song.....it ain't big nor clever and completely ruins the atmosphere:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    When I saw Florence and the Machine at Bestival some guy got on his friends shoulders and took all his clothes off, completely butt naked. Luckily we were a little way behind him I wouldn't have wanted to be near that, especially when he eventually fell off!