Could this vison of Superman work?

Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have recently been writing my very own remake of Superman and would like to share with all my ideas so far.

I am a fan of the 70/80s and returns film. The new one was to action packed for me and not really Superman.

However I understand why a reboot was due. I think Man of Steel jumped to much from Scene to Scene and wasn't edited very well. However I like the fact that it explored the effect of having Aliens would have on the world.

So my idea is that the Government has known about Superman for many years and have been keeping him secret since his arrival on earth. They have been secret flight testing him all over the world so they understand how he works and just how strong he is and if he poses any threat to mankind.

However Superman gets very frustrated over the years as he grows up in secret ,he knows he is not a threat and when the Military allow him to see what is going on around the world Superman gets frustrated and angry as he knows he can help.

As the film goes on we see the crash to earth on the farm but upon doing so the Military are tracking the UFO and arrive at the farm Shortly after the crash and take Jonathan and Martha Kent under arrest and are sworn not to say anything about this.

As the film goes on Superman gets more and more restless and knows that the Military will pose no threat to him if he breaks out however he chooses not to and plays game . The Military also work out his weakness and uses this against him to keep him under wraps. This would be a cool way to tie in with Area 51 and all the secret testing that goes on there and ufo sighting across the world. It would tie both in together.

The Us Government cover things like Ufos and Aliens up so could work.

Right back to the film idea ,towards the end of the film the world becomes under a huge threat from another UFO which turns out to be General Zod and his Army. The military start to panic and finally turn to Superman for help.

Zod's space ship is hovering over metropolis under the Daily Planet and Louis Lane is on the roof top trying to take Pics as Zods Ships get ready to strike and at that point Superman flys down to save Louis and the day.

And I am thinking for the end Superman finds the farm where he crashed and Jonathan and Martha Kent where they bond and for the next film Sups will turn to them for humanity and guidance .

Just a rough idea but what do you think?

Comments

• HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a good idea for a story, but I'm not sure for Superman. Personally, I don't like the idea of taking away him being raised by Jonathon and Martha Kent and having him raised by the military. I think that would significantly alter his character, as his human "essence" has always been rooted in him being raised by human parents. If he were raised like a guinea pig by the military, I wouldn't expect him to come out of it with the conscience and love for humanity that Supes has.

But like I said, its a good idea for a story, as it offers the opportunity to sympathise with an abused, innocent and benign alien as it grows up only knowing a captive life surrounded by a different species. I'd change the characters and go with a totally original sci-fi story, instead of a Superman story. It has potential - and you could actually try pitching it to studios!
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thank you for your reply. I do write a lot and I have written 3 horror movies and a follow on to the Never Ending Story. What I do like about The Man of Steel is how they approach like it was real because if Aliens are real the a "Superman" type Alien could also be real .Now I am huge believer in Ufo's and Aliens and I think the Us Government do cover up Alien contact on earth. I would love to be a fly on the wall inside Area 51 and this is where I got the idea from.

And the film would be a good way to tie in all the Alien and Ufo's stuff that goes on around our world. I would find a way for Jonathan and Martha to be his Parents when I write it. It is a different approach and Superman will show the world that something like Alien life on earth can not and should not be covered up, and that would introduce his values ,Truth and Justice
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I like your idea. It is similar to a story I imagined about a "Superman" type alien on Earth, but what if he was really malevolent? What if there was a Zod type character, but no good equivalent to take him down? How would humanity deal with such a powerful, oppressing force, and what would the military put together to try and deal with him?
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    I like your idea. It is similar to a story I imagined about a "Superman" type alien on Earth, but what if he was really malevolent? What if there was a Zod type character, but no good equivalent to take him down? How would humanity deal with such a powerful, oppressing force, and what would the military put together to try and deal with him?

Well with fire power of course what else ,although they will learn from Superman and will learn some of his secret's and try and how is powers work and try to re create them.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,001
    Forum Member
    What if superman had a brother which landed perhaps in Europe or something - perhaps Russia and that was fond by the Russian army. Humanistic all American wholesome bellend superman vs vodka swiging lets nuke usa Russian!
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveOooo wrote: »
    What if superman had a brother which landed perhaps in Europe or something - perhaps Russia and that was fond by the Russian army. Humanistic all American wholesome bellend superman vs vodka swiging lets nuke usa Russian!

This & OP's premise does sound a little bit like Red Son, where Kal-El landed in the Ukraine and became an agent of the USSR.