Tamar Braxton - "Love and War"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm impressed with Tamar's latest single "Love and War" and was pleased for her when it reached the top of the US Itunes chart.

However, does anybody know why the video is only being shot this month - one month after the single was released?

It would have made more sense for the video to accompany the single's release.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video has now dropped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ITujo4gbNU
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's okay not a patch on Toni though.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    She's okay not a patch on Toni though.

She's a better singer than Toni. Toni even said so herself. I love Love & War and I'm really looking forward to her album....she's quite versatile....some songs from the album were performed live at her showcase, Watching Me, The One, Hot Sugar....

She has a real voice and isn't manufactured or a studio singer. Her first album was great too even though it flopped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She's a better singer than Toni. Toni even said so herself. I love Love & War and I'm really looking forward to her album....she's quite versatile....some songs from the album were performed live at her showcase, Watching Me, The One, Hot Sugar....

She has a real voice and isn't manufactured or a studio singer. Her first album was great too even though it flopped.

It's all relative I guess. Tamar can hit some amazing high notes, but cannot reach the low notes which Toni can. Toni's voice and lower register are a lot more exquisite which is why she was picked, out of all of the Braxtons, by LA Reid and Babyface for a solo deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    It's all relative I guess. Tamar can hit some amazing high notes, but cannot reach the low notes which Toni can. Toni's voice and lower register are a lot more exquisite which is why she was picked, out of all of the Braxtons, by LA Reid and Babyface for a solo deal.

She can, Toni can only go lower than her by a couple of notes, but Tamar can go way higher. Keep in mind that Tamar is the youngest so she may not have been ready at the time Toni was signed as solo artist. She has an incredible voice, but has just been unlucky when it comes to record deals etc which is a shame.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toni had all the star quality though
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

Even though I like Tamar a lot I see what you mean. Looking at some of her early performances on YouTube (promoting the singles off her first album) she wasn't a great live performer. Hopefully she will get better with more experience though, as she is mainly used to singing background for Toni and now she has a real opportunity to step out of her shadow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

That's a tricky one. Toni certainly has presence, but Tamar was the breakout star of their reality show, so much so that she got her own spin-off. I think it's more a case of Toni being in a more experienced position, she has done it all, so I guess she will always be the star of the family, but I think Tamar has something special too, but she's the only other sister that does. The others seem nice, but they're not stars.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She can, Toni can only go lower than her by a couple of notes, but Tamar can go way higher. Keep in mind that Tamar is the youngest so she may not have been ready at the time Toni was signed as solo artist. She has an incredible voice, but has just been unlucky when it comes to record deals etc which is a shame.
    I like Tamar to an extent but I disagree with the "unlucky" part. Its very obvious to me that the reason she has failed so far is her awful attitude and personality. Towanda and Trina even said on BFV that her mouth is the reason everything she has tried so far has failed. I actually prefer Toni's voice though, just preference.