What album is the most anticipated for this year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
Debut Albums:

James Arthur
Jahmene Douglas
Union J
Ella Henderson
Misha B
Amelia Lily
Janet Devlin
Lucy Spragan

Upcoming Album:

Cher Lloyd
Rebecca Ferguson
Diana Vickers
Leona Lewis (New album rumored for 2013)
Alexandra Burke

If you have other acts, reply their names..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Amelia Lily and Misha B have just premiered their third singles, and are finally releasing their albums the week after!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to all the "next album" ones though, minus Cher. Although I'd be interested in Cher's, if it isn't too cheesy pop like so me of her previous songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »
    Amelia Lily and Misha B have just premiered their third singles, and are finally releasing their albums the week after!

Don't know how I forgot about them! thanks! updated
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher Lloyd by me, and Janet Devlin's debut which she was recording last month. Also any Lucy Spraggan release, I don't know what her schedule is.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for Janet Devlin's album.

Otherwise you can mention the US X Factor contestants : Filth Harmony, Emblem3, Tate Stevens, Carly Rose Sonenclare and err... Melanie Amaro...
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    I'm waiting for Janet Devlin's album.

Otherwise you can mention the US X Factor contestants : Filth Harmony, Emblem3, Tate Stevens, Carly Rose Sonenclare and err... Melanie Amaro...

Epic announced today that Melanie Amaro's album was pushed back again and has no release date lol I think they will release the album in like late 2013 and drop her right after tbh =(
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Okay...so I'm waiting for James, Ella, Amelia, Mish from the debut albums. And then I'm waiting for Rebecca and Leona on the upcoming ones. I'm not sure about Jahmene and UJ at the moment because their original material may be different to what we've been hearing. I hope the others do well anyway.

Also when did you hear about Lucy releasing an album? If this is true, I definitely can't wait for it.

I wonder when UJ, Jahmene and Ella will promote their first singles...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Epic announced today that Melanie Amaro's album was pushed back again and has no release date lol I think they will release the album in like late 2013 and drop her right after tbh =(

I actually don't think they will release it at all...

The upcoming album I'm mostly looking forward to is Samantha Jade's, although it will be her first album of originals so it probably counts as her debut album, I don't know..
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe McElderry is preparing and possibly recording some of his FIFTH album! That is the only one I am anticipating. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    [QUOTEIf you have other acts, reply their names..[/QUOTE]

Craig Colton is also releasing an album this year - he tweeted last week about an upcoming announcement relating to it. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are One Direction not releasing an album this year then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really not holding my breath for a Lucy Spraggan album.
    Forum Member
    Cher Lloyd by me, I'm also excited to hear Amelia's new stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    James, Rebecca and Diana.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Leona, Diana and Alexandra.

I'm presuming that Leona's next album will be more commercial but, at the same time, I sort of expect a delay until 2014 and a more creative album a la Glassheart.

I'm really excited for Diana's album. The material that I've heard seems a huge step up from her SFTTCT era which didn't do her hippy/alternative style justice - it was more MOR pop. This album seems to be HER and not her label.

I'm excited for Alexandra's album IF it is more traditional R&B with an edge rather than the dated mess that was HOH.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    In order of anticipation:

1.Cher Lloyd (I can't wait to be slayed :D)
    2.Amelia Lily
    3.Misha B
    4.Leona Lewis
    5.James Arthur
    6.Rebecca Ferguson
    7.Lucy Spragan
    8.Alexandra Burke (if she goes down the R&B route, if not I don't care for it)
    9.Diana Vickers (I don't really like her 'leaked' songs :()
    I'll need to hear singles before I anticipate anything off of the next lot
    10.Union J
    12.Janet Devlin
    13.Ella Henderson
    14.Jahmene Douglas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    For me, Leona, Diana and Alexandra.

I'm presuming that Leona's next album will be more commercial but, at the same time, I sort of expect a delay until 2014 and a more creative album a la Glassheart.

I'm really excited for Diana's album. The material that I've heard seems a huge step up from her SFTTCT era which didn't do her hippy/alternative style justice - it was more MOR pop. This album seems to be HER and not her label.

I'm excited for Alexandra's album IF it is more traditional R&B with an edge rather than the dated mess that was HOH.

What do you mean by "it will be more commercial". She is a pop singer and she needs to sell, otherwise bye bye. I don't like this word "commercial". It doesn't mean anything.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me:

Leona - Album 4
    Alexandra - Album 3

Leona's reportedly going to start recording pretty soon and I'm excited for the new direction. I'd like the sound to still be experimental like with Glassheart, but with a more commercial edge. Glassheart (the song) proves that Leona can really pull off that kind of sound. Alexandra has already been recording her new album, she's had sessions with Rico Love and his team this year so I definitely think it's going back to the sexy R&B sound she was preparing on her cancelled album. I'm excited to see what she comes up with.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me:

I will listen to the previews of Cher Lloyd and Amelia Lilly's to see if I like them.

If Little Mix release an album at end of 2013 (Hopefully!) Then that aswell :)
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    What do you mean by "it will be more commercial". She is a pop singer and she needs to sell, otherwise bye bye. I don't like this word "commercial". It doesn't mean anything.

It obviously does mean something. Commercial as in fitting in with the current music scene and the flavours of the month.

'Trouble' wasn't that commercial a lead single. Yes it had the Emeli Sande connection but the melody on the chorus was weak (and in the verses actually), similar to 'Happy'. They are both brilliant songs ('Happy' being one of my all-time favourites) but, commercially, they didn't work.

Commercial is 'Glassheart' and 'Shake You Up'.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Ruth Lorenzo or Stacey Solomon, but...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    It obviously does mean something. Commercial as in fitting in with the current music scene and the flavours of the month.

'Trouble' wasn't that commercial a lead single. Yes it had the Emeli Sande connection but the melody on the chorus was weak (and in the verses actually), similar to 'Happy'. They are both brilliant songs ('Happy' being one of my all-time favourites) but, commercially, they didn't work.

Commercial is 'Glassheart' and 'Shake You Up'.

That's very subjective. I don't agree with you on this one.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    For me:
    Alexandra
    Fifth Harmony
    and Amelia! :D
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need new Leona and Alex albums. The latter one must redeem herself!!!!!
    I cannot wait for Cher and Misha's stuff and I need to be mesmerised
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I`m looking forward Janet Devlin`s, Fifth harmony`s and every single album Little mix bring out!! :D