Complete loss of carrier ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
Forum Member
We have a small Dion set top box upstairs that has worked fine for the last 3 months.

I recently swapped the DVD player ''connected to it and the TV'' and we have lost all signal.

When I do a manual tune it comes up with the reply ''No Carrier Found''

Completely stumped ?

Durris Transmitter is fine as far as I know.

Comments

• lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it worked fine before and you had the problem immediately after, the most likely cause is a problem with the aerial lead.

Make sure the plugs are seated firmly into their sockets. If that does not work, it is very possible that the internal wiring has been disturbed by the plugging and unplugging. This is very common.

Check inside the plugs (if they are the screw-together type) to ensure that the central wire is properly seated in its guide and there are no "whiskers" of the outer shielding touching it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    lbear wrote: »
    If it worked fine before and you had the problem immediately after, the most likely cause is a problem with the aerial lead.

Make sure the plugs are seated firmly into their sockets. If that does not work, it is very possible that the internal wiring has been disturbed by the plugging and unplugging. This is very common.

Check inside the plugs (if they are the screw-together type) to ensure that the central wire is properly seated in its guide and there are no "whiskers" of the outer shielding touching it.

It can't be that my friend....as I checked the box in the other bedroom on a different aerial connection/tv and it came up the same.....???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Also...

I didn't swap them straight over.....about a week lapsed with the digi box being off before I did this reconnection.
  • Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case, it appears something electronic has failed when power was re-applied. "It's dead Jim"
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the DVD connected by a hdmi lead (upscaling box) ? If so try removing the hdmi lead and see if you get your signals back.