[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
which do you prefer and why?

Comments

• MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I prefer standing.

I feel restricted in a seat, I always prefer to be up standing and dancing etc.

I saw Beyoncé earlier in the year and got to the front row. Nothing better than being right at the front and having the artist looking back at you.

Unless it's a gig where I have to sit I'll always choose to stand.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    standing.....atmosphere feels better when you are free to move about.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer seating but only if I can get up and run to the front at the start of the gig. It depends how strict the venue is really.

It depends who you are seeing, if its someone incredibly famous then you have to queue for hours to get a decent place for standing which is a bit unfair.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Standing, it's the whole gig atmosphere of moving around and dancing and being up close with everyone. And if you get right to the front bonus :)
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Standing as well, but I prefer to be near the back so you can just chill and watch the band.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Standing near the front is great, but as I get older, seating is my preferred choice now. :(
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a choice as I use a wheelchair but if the venue is small it's an advantage as I can just place myself right by the barrier in the front row, provided I get in there before there rest of them.

:D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Standing, so if you are next to a plonker it's easy to move.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Standing. :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on who you are going to see. At some gigs you just have to stand up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    standing. I dont see how you can enjoy yourself at a concert without moving about. unless its an opera or classical music. I went to Bruce Springsteen at Wembley this year and could not get my head around people sitting down for the majority of the show until the hits kicked in. If you want to sit down you might as well just wait for the dvd.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standing for me too, I like to dance, if that's what you'd call it.

I usually try to get about 1/2 way forward but will usually end up as far front as possible :D
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have health problems so I have little choice but to have the seating option there just incase :(

But it's all good, as long as I'm near-ish the stage, and so far I haven't been unlucky
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im from canada and here 90% of arena shows have chairs on the floor and thats what i prefer

-No need to stand in line all day to get a good spot
    -No pushing no shoving
    -You can sit down during the often boring opening act
    -You can go to restroom, bar, restaurant,t shirt stand without losing your spot
    -You can sit in the hour before the show,
    during the long intermission between acts

Once the headliner starts you can just fold the chair and stand
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I have to use a walker to walk so I have to sit down. I don't mind much because the view in the O2 arena in Dublin is quite good but it would be nice to experience standing. I couldn't queue all day though and then stand for another 2 or 3 hours inside the arena.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standing where possible. I don't like the constraints of having to sit. Much easier to get into the music while standing.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standing all the way.

Although some concerts I've been to have been fully seated. There's nothing worse when you're stood up on the ground level and someone behind asks if you could sit because they can't see!

At the end of the day, you're at a concert and paid good money to see an artist so you should never feel guilty about standing.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it depends who you're seeing if it's someone singing just ballads then seats is fine. If it's one where you'll most likely be getting off your seat then standing is best. You usually end up standing most of the time when you buy seats anyway.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    depends if I am having a poo or a wee:D
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sitting every time. Various health problems mean if a gig is standing only, I don't go.